Skip to main content

Gogglebox Australia

Saw the ad again & it says meet the new couple & it shows a silhouette of a man & female.

So maybe only 2 people are replacing 4 people.

Correct (or at least in the sense of one household replacing two), according to TV Tonight "this season, Gogglebox will take us in to the lounge room of a brand new household who will be announced soon."

https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/01/returning-gogglebox-9.html

Maybe they thought it would look like tokenism if they replaced Wayne and Tom with another gay couple straight away? But I suspect they will at some stage. Or a lesbian couple perhaps.

Reactions: kxk
I'm a Celebrity finishes next week, doesn't it? Fantastic.

Yes but they could still review the recent episodes. I think that article implies they won't be though, because they don't want to feature Yvie & Angie. I guess they might review it but cut them out? It's not like they do anything.

Yes but they could still review the recent episodes. I think that article implies they won't be though, because they don't want to feature Yvie & Angie. I guess they might review it but cut them out? It's not like they do anything.

Think they are more likely to review MAFS with the main star Ines. Probably MKR as well. Won't have to do I'm A Celebrity then. Probably expect Angie and Yvie to be evicted this week?

Is it cynical of me to wonder if Yvie's dancing will see her trying to be on Dancing With The Stars next season?

Nah. Don't think that is a path that they would want to choose. DWTS producers are generally better than these reality ones?

Think they are more likely to review MAFS with the main star Ines. Probably MKR as well. Won't have to do I'm A Celebrity then. Probably expect Angie and Yvie to be evicted this week
Thats an interesting slant on the word "review".
LOL

Gogglebox snub for Angie & Yvie

EXCLUSIVE: Foxtel execs are unhappy with former Gogglebox cast members Yvie Jones & Angie Kent appearing in 10’s I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here and have ruled them out of being featured in Gogglebox episodes.

“You will not see a review of them on Gogglebox,” Executive Director of Television Brian Walsh told TV Tonight.

“From a promotional point of view the issue that upsets Foxtel is the exploitation of the Gogglebox brand to market and sell another program.” Foxtel commissioned Gogglebox from Endemol Shine Australia and enjoys a rare and successful model of being broadcast by 10 too.

But it has kept a tight rein on cast members being seen as “celebrities” in order to maintain the authenticity of couch viewers, regularly declining appearance and red carpet opportunities.

Reality TV reviews are a big part of Gogglebox episodes, but now lines are arguably blurred…. Yvie & Angie, along with Tom & Wayne, resigned from the show late last year but 10 cast the girls in I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.

It’s understood to have caused some friction behind the scenes.

“There’s not much you can do about it, because they made the decision to leave Gogglebox and they are quite entitled to pursue a career in television. So that’s their choice,” Walsh acknowledges.

“But I was incredibly disappointed that they were critical of Foxtel and the appearance fee money we paid them to do Gogglebox.

I thought that was unfair, unnecessary and unwarranted.” A 10 spokesperson told TV Tonight, “Gogglebox is a fantastic series that continues to resonate with viewers across Australia.

When Angie and Yvie made the difficult decision to leave Gogglebox, it provided us with the unique opportunity to cast them in I’m A Celeb.

Here viewers could discover more about the pair than they had seen before. “They are extremely popular, smart and entertaining women so we feel extremely lucky to have them on the show.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/02/gogglebox-snub-for-angie-yvie.html

I always forget that Gogglebox is produced by Foxtel rather than TEN.
Angie & Yvie certainly do bite the hand that feeds. They are not meant to be "celebrities" at all, they are meant to be us.

Yvie & Angie, forgot the show is about everyday Australians watching TV & they only got paid appearance money.

They thought they had become celebrities & wanted to be paid celebrity money.

The fact is though, once the goggleboxers are established personalities that people want to watch, they aren’t just nobodies talking about television. They bring more value than that to the table and they deserve a share of that.

The fact is though, once the goggleboxers are established personalities that people want to watch, they aren’t just nobodies talking about television. They bring more value than that to the table and they deserve a share of that.
Oh I agree. I never really thought it would be considered a fulltime job for them though: rather a side project for all of them. But they have all contributed to the show's success so it's understandable they'd feel worthy of better pay after all this time. And so what if Y&A left the show looking for something better? It's not like Big Brother contestants haven't attempted to launch media careers from their respective shows - in which they only appeared for a couple of months. Very petty of Foxtel to treat them like that for leaving. Gogglebox viewers would have loved to see the remaining cast review them on Celeb. I find myself wanting one of them to win just to spite them.

Back