Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh shush both of you!!! I've been back at work since Monday whilst husband was at home this week and goes back Monday - he's been going nuts stuck indoors with all this rain (and I really wasn't doing a nasty little happy dance at all - I'm not that spiteful ;)
First sign of the sun yesterday and he rushed to the beach only to find it filthy and dumpy so no swim for him ... but I'm pretty sure he's headed back today

Enjoy your last few days of holiday ... by the end of next week holidays will probably be a distant memory :tongue:

Yep seizing every moment. I'm in such a great routine of going to the beach twice a day (weather permitting) now that I'm closer to one, but also a bad habit of sleeping in late and staying up even later. Still such a child when it comes to holidays! My partner has still another week off, but after working roughly 140 hours a fortnight I suppose I'll let her be a slacker some more.
Oh hush the three of you!

I have worked every public holiday so far and the latest roster has me working Australia Day too!

:angry face:

Well wanna trade pay slips? Hehe.

If pretty things amuse small minds, then today was a winner!

First off my Mother's Day present from last year produced enough flowers for a vase jam jar:-

View attachment 51003

Then I noticed with absolute delight that Laurie quietly produced his first flowers overnight. Thinking of you brought an acid tear to my eye, @shadow2. Xo

View attachment 51000

View attachment 51001

Oh I love that, so beautiful and such a lovely omen for shadow.

There is a plant in my life that was fertilised with some ashes of a deceased person and not to get too metaphysical but I seriously love when it flowers, through no coincidence it does so during the anniversary of their death and it's hard not to feel like those flowers are some extension of them.

angry face will become happy face when you see that payslip though - and you can have a day off when everything isn't closed and when crowds aren't around :tongue:

<inserted Always Look on the Bright Side of Life Monty Python thing but then thought better of it - some might find it offensive ... >

so inserting this instead :tongue: and yes! loving the edit function :tongue:

Very good point.

While the tax man will skim a bit, it is still going to be very worth my while.

Oh I love that, so beautiful and such a lovely omen for shadow.

There is a plant in my life that was fertilised with some ashes of a deceased person and not to get too metaphysical but I seriously love when it flowers, through no coincidence it does so during the anniversary of their death and it's hard not to feel like those flowers are some extension of them.
I really really love my plants.

I especially love the feeling of growing a plant from a cutting.

My son has given me a plant for most Mothers Day's. The first was a Bush Christmas he bought me from his first job at 14 (which was at in a local nursery). I love his plants best.

Oh hush the three of you!

I have worked every public holiday so far and the latest roster has me working Australia Day too!

:angry face:
I know that menstrual cycles get in sync but our public holiday rosters are. I'm working on Australia Day too. I suspect I'll be working Easter to top it off.

Reactions: Tee
I am so happy! I had a brain explosion and bought a Colorado cross over body handbag and purse from eBay for $30. It came today, and I am so unexpectedly happy!

I simply love worn leather. Brand new leather always feels so unloved.

It is so beautiful and soft <3

I am seriously sitting here petting it like it is an evil hairless cat..

Mwhahahahahahaha!

I am so happy! I had a brain explosion and bought a Colorado cross over body handbag and purse from eBay for $30. It came today, and I am so unexpectedly happy!

I simply love worn leather. Brand new leather always feels so unloved.

It is so beautiful and soft <3

I am seriously sitting here petting it like it is an evil hairless cat..

Mwhahahahahahaha!

Trala Trala
Quite contrary
Trim that bush
It so dam hairy !

:p

I really really love my plants.

I especially love the feeling of growing a plant from a cutting.

My son has given me a plant for most Mothers Day's. The first was a Bush Christmas he bought me from his first job at 14 (which was at in a local nursery). I love his plants best.

That's very sweet with the plants from your son. I just don't think I have it in me to be a green thumb but maybe I haven't given it a chance![DOUBLEPOST=1452258147][/DOUBLEPOST]
Perhaps I should take up wedding MC as a career. I've just been asked again.

2 weddings coming up in the next 6months for which I will be MC. :)

You should!! I assume these are friends asking you? It really does make a difference when the MC knows the bride and groom.

That's very sweet with the plants from your son. I just don't think I have it in me to be a green thumb but maybe I haven't given it a chance![DOUBLEPOST=1452258147][/DOUBLEPOST]

You should!! I assume these are friends asking you? It really does make a difference when the MC knows the bride and groom.
Yeah friends. I jest regarding a possible career change. It wouldn't be as much fun if you don't know the bride and groom.

Yeah friends. I jest regarding a possible career change. It wouldn't be as much fun if you don't know the bride and groom.

Haha yes I figured as much, really though you could! I went to a wedding ages ago where the MC was just some random who worked for the venue, I guess it's not essential to be able to relay stories or jokes but it did feel a bit weird as a guest.

i have penned over 100+ speeches for EmCee's over the last 6 years and edited many many others.
And i still have yet to fuck any bridesmaids.
Feel free to forward me any questions or ideas to expand on/scripts to suggest edit to or just tips that *may* get you laid by the bride's high school co-ho's ( or at least a hand shandy from the new mother-in-law )
It is just what i do in my spare time.
When i grow up, i want to be able to spend as much time at these forums as @Witty Banter and @reepbot .
Maybe even apply to be a firefighter...we'll see.

You so should! I swear to glob, you have the voice of a radio announcer!

And the best part, your kindness coupled with your quick wit will keep any audience entertained and amused.

You said you were looking for a career change this year. This might be it.

That's very sweet with the plants from your son. I just don't think I have it in me to be a green thumb but maybe I haven't given it a chance!

Plants don't actually need much to strive. Just water, the right amount of sunlight and a bit of osmocoat of their birthday every year.[DOUBLEPOST=1452280162][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't jest.

I think you would make an awesome mc.

Good moanin OT thread!

I am facing 3 night shifts, and the depression at the mere thought of it is seeping in.

So who wants to stay up all night with me tonight?

It will be AWESOME!!!!!

Good moanin OT thread!

I am facing 3 night shifts, and the depression at the mere thought of it is seeping in.

So who wants to stay up all night with me tonight?

It will be AWESOME!!!!!

yes, okay

ring from a priv number if you need to chat and have a few laughs

or just ring and abuse me, either/or

@WittyBanter will pay me lots for the transcript of the call and is offering unusual sexual favors for a recorded file of it.

I will forward half the $$ to any account you nominate

Or we can pool the funds and get a hacker to ghost his Farmville page and infest his wheat crop with marijuana seeds and send the cops from Second Life to arrest his sorry ass and throw him in the can where he belongs.

This and the associated prison butt secks may just be his ultimate fantasy, so we cannot be seen as enablers toward his eternal bliss.

Hear from ya

G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back