Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you!

Where are you off to? And who are you offing to with?
Off to Morten island, 4 night cruise leaving from Sydney and returning to Sydney. Not till January tho, gives me time to time tone my arse and flatten my stomach a bit.... Going with a girlfriend from TAFE, we were talking during placement how we both need a holiday and just started planning the cruise, got a quote yesterday and am going into the travel agent this morning to pay.

Off to Morten island, 4 night cruise leaving from Sydney and returning to Sydney. Not till January tho, gives me time to time my arse and flatten my stomach a bit.... Going with a girlfriend from TAFE, we were talking during placement how we both need a holiday and just started planning the cruise, got a quote yesterday and am going into the travel agent this morning to pay.
You have no idea how happy this makes me.

2016 is going to be a good year for you, kid.

Does anyone else feel hugely irritated by news readers reading condolence tweets from celebrities to add to the effect?

"...yes and Julia Roberts tweeted, sad day, sad sad day. Sad face, one tear face, crying face..."

Off to Morten island, 4 night cruise leaving from Sydney and returning to Sydney. Not till January tho, gives me time to time tone my arse and flatten my stomach a bit.... Going with a girlfriend from TAFE, we were talking during placement how we both need a holiday and just started planning the cruise, got a quote yesterday and am going into the travel agent this morning to pay.

Ha! I almost ended up on that exact cruise (unless there are more departures in Jan)... But didn't end up booking because a family member was told she would be too pregnant to go then and we thought it'd probably be too insensitive to still go without her haha.
You'll have an amazing time! Make sure you go snorkelling up there!

Last edited:
I'll be forum free for a few days which will please many!

Haha yeah me too. I have a wedding in the Hunter Valley tomorrow. Looking forward to a nice weekend up there, but not really looking forward to the heat :|

Today I am doing paying for my cruise!!! I'm so bloody excited, my first proper holiday.... It's only a four day cruise, its a bit of a celebration for this year, bits of a celebration for passing TAFE.... Oh just as I am writing this post I get a knock on the door and its the post guy with my boots and two pairs of sandals!!!! Such a good start to the day.

That's so exciting. It's high on my bucket list to do a cruise!

Ha! I almost ended up on that exact cruise (unless there are more departures in Jan)... But didn't end up booking because a family member was told she would be too pregnant to go then and we thought it'd probably be too insensitive to still go without her haha.
You'll have an amazing time! Make sure you go snorkelling up there!
Spewing you weren't on the same cruise as me, would be no e to put a face to the forum name, how have you been anyway? I have not seen you on here for a while....

Does anyone else feel hugely irritated by news readers reading condolence tweets from celebrities to add to the effect?

"...yes and Julia Roberts tweeted, sad day, sad sad day. Sad face, one tear face, crying face..."

Is this legit how a tweet was read out?

Spewing you weren't on the same cruise as me, would be no e to put a face to the forum name, how have you been anyway? I have not seen you on here for a while....

I've been good. What about you? Seems like you've been going well with TAFE...what are you doing there? :) I still drop by every few days and have a lurk but only post when I can actually contribute something. There seems to be an ongoing forum war happening in a lot of threads which I know nothing about haha

Bleachy, Bleachy, Bleachy.

Really?

You should know by now that I never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Haha!

Did you hear that the crying with tears emoji is the Oxford Dictionary Word of the Year 2015?

Edit: we don't even have that one in the forum software!

Ha!

What's on for today's adventures?
I tried to keep today fairly free apart from a doc appointment at 11am.

I am the MC at my friend's wedding. I have somehow fallen into the role of MC since doing for a friend's last year. Now I have been asked by a few others. Perhaps I could make a career out of this?!?

Anyway, today I need to put together a few thoughts of what I'm going to say and how I'm going to say it. They want me to keep it fairly ad lib because apparently that's what I'm good at, but for my own peace of mind I like to have little cards with the main points, you know... Stuff like name of the mother of the bride etc. haha.

I also need to pack my bag for the weekend and do something about all the fur on my face. Make it look a little more respectable. I also need to decide what to do with my hair. The bride likes my hair in a bun but I feel that's not formal enough for a wedding, my preference is to straighten it and leave it as an undercut or I could use product and sweep it all to one side. I guess if none of that works I could just go and get the top cut off. Dilemma!

I tried to keep today fairly free apart from a doc appointment at 11am.

I am the MC at my friend's wedding. I have somehow fallen into the role of MC since doing for a friend's last year. Now I have been asked by a few others. Perhaps I could make a career out of this?!?

Anyway, today I need to put together a few thoughts of what I'm going to say and how I'm going to say it. They want me to keep it fairly ad lib because apparently that's what I'm good at, but for my own peace of mind I like to have little cards with the main points, you know... Stuff like name of the mother of the bride etc. haha.

I also need to pack my bag for the weekend and do something about all the fur on my face. Make it look a little more respectable. I also need to decide what to do with my hair. The bride likes my hair in a bun but I feel that's not formal enough for a wedding, my preference is to straighten it and leave it as an undercut or I could use product and sweep it all to one side. I guess if none of that works I could just go and get the top cut off. Dilemma!
Go man bun! You have a beautiful face, and the man bun is hot right now. Are you wearing your new suit?

It's my birthday on Saturday, and the weekend of celebrations starts with a lunch tomorrow.

Go man bun! You have a beautiful face, and the man bun is hot right now. Are you wearing your new suit?

It's my birthday on Saturday, and the weekend of celebrations starts with a lunch tomorrow.
Yep looking forward to a new suit. My last suit had faint pin stripes.out of fashion now and I just ended up looking like a gangster haha.

Thanks for the compliment btw. :sorry: Even for a fat guy!

Yay! Birthday weekend. Looks like it's a great weekend of celebrations for both of us.

Hope your family and friends spoil you x

I've been good. What about you? Seems like you've been going well with TAFE...what are you doing there? :) I still drop by every few days and have a lurk but only post when I can actually contribute something. There seems to be an ongoing forum war happening in a lot of threads which I know nothing about haha
Doing health services assistance cert III crazy, its a 6 month course, but I'm doing the condensed 10 week one... Been crazy busy lately, but its been good.

Yeah the forum is a bit cray cray ATM, actually its been this was for like most of this year, its entertaining reading at times.

It's my sisters birthday on Sunday, I actuly know quit a few people who have their birthdays this weekend. Funny how that happens. Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back