Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspired by this talk of banana things I was craving a banana smoothie so I went on a mission to get one only they had no soy/almond milk so I had to have it with dairy (yuck) and possibly to spite me for my hipster request I could barely taste any banana and it just tasted suspiciously like thick blended milk, ie, gross. So I had to bin it. What a waste of $9.50. Yep, apparently banana smoothies now cost nearly ten bucks.

Smoothies really, really shouldn't be that expensive, but they so often are!

Absolute daylight robbery, stupid Sydney.
Melbourne wouldn't be any different I think. Ridiculous prices.
Having said that, there's a cafe opposite our Botanic Gardens (was renowned under a previous ownership for being a restaurant that banned a couple and their baby back in the 90s) that does a walk up window takeaway coffee for $2:50. Possibly one of the cheapest coffees in town?

Having said that, there's a cafe opposite our Botanic Gardens (was renowned under a previous ownership for being a restaurant that banned a couple and their baby back in the 90s) that does a walk up window takeaway coffee for $2:50. Possibly one of the cheapest coffees in town?

Yeah true, all the capital cities are bad, I'm not certain the small towns are any better. But wow $2.50, that's so good. Definitely our cafe culture has a lot to answer for with these overpriced items.

In Melbourne, that is very cheap, yes.

I don't drink coffee at all, so I always assume that the $1 7-Eleven ones are bad. I base my coffee judgement purely on price though, so.
I have a caffeine sensitivity so don't drink it every day and more often than not these days I drink a mocha to soften the impact on my system. I have figured that the expensive ones aren't always the best. Depends on the barista a lot and the coffee.

I don't drink coffee at all, so I always assume that the $1 7-Eleven ones are bad. I base my coffee judgement purely on price though, so.

I don't drink coffee either, but I sometimes wonder what the difference is between a good coffee and a bad coffee.

Yeah I'm right off coffee now too so it's hard to be a coffee snob, but seriously how good can a good one really be?
Like anything it's all according to individual taste, but I'd say that anything tasting burned wouldn't be ideal. Unless of course you like burned coffee beans.

I don't drink coffee either, but I sometimes wonder what the difference is between a good coffee and a bad coffee.

My friend is a barista and she apparently makes good coffee, but I don't know what that means. She's always getting frustrated with people at cafes. Apparently Melbourne is the only place that can produce a good "proper coffee." It's all so confusing to me.

I used to work in a TAB and I sometimes had to make people coffee. It was pointless though, because I didn't even know what it was supposed to look like, let alone taste like. Plus the machine freaked me out and I exploded milk all over the place dozens of times. Every time they told me to make coffee I would tell them that I had no idea what I was doing but they still made me do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back