Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodmorning OT Misfits!!

I am once again looking at houses today. There is one I really like, so we will see how we go.

House hunting is still at the super exciting phase for us. It is going to be a time consuming day racing from one house to, so I am going to pack a picnic lunch. The longest wait we have between houses is 45 min at 1pm.

We are looking at 12 properties all together.

12! OMG you're keen. I love looking at houses though. I guess it satisfies my - er- inquisitive nature.

When I opened my curtains this morning, in my underwear, I reliased the property opposite has cut down the bushes overhanging their fence. Now I can see straight into their yard virtually at eye level and they can see straight into my unit. All my privacy is gone! I guess I'll have to work on my exhibitionist side a bit now. Because in summer I do tend to spend reasonable amount of time in my underwear (or less).

Will have to buy some tall plants for my balcony.

12! OMG you're keen. I love looking at houses though. I guess it satisfies my - er- inquisitive nature.

When I opened my curtains this morning, in my underwear, I reliased the property opposite has cut down the bushes overhanging their fence. Now I can see straight into their yard virtually at eye level and they can see straight into my unit. All my privacy is gone! I guess I'll have to work on my exhibitionist side a bit now. Because in summer I do tend to spend reasonable amount of time in my underwear (or less).

Will have to buy some tall plants for my balcony.
I love it for now, but it is only my second week of looking. We got pre approved last week, so I am officially in the market to buy my first home! Such an exciting time for us.

Quick funny, we went out for a look last Saturday and made a bid, thinking we had official pre approval as the lender guaranteed if the information we provided is correct, it is approved. Our bid was declined, but on Monday the bank called me saying the loan had indeed been pre-approved. I almost spent it before I even had it!!

I think you should keep your balcony bushes small. You have a penis that needs to be celebrated publicly.

First property is at 10.30, and on a scale of 1 - 10 of excitement, 10 being pee pants, I am a 4. However there is one we are seeing at 12.30, that has me pee'ing just thinking about it!!

Indeed it can. If I hadn't already felt full I probably would have. The frozen bread dough always smells so good.
I have never had Subway in my life!

The smell of that bread makes me feel sick!

I have never had Subway in my life!

The smell of that bread makes me feel sick!
I get that. There are some subways I have walked past that the bread has smelled disgusting. They are bad subways! A good quality subway the bread will smell yummy and delicious, not overwhelming and nauseating!

My life isn't terribly olfactory, but I do have a strong memory/smell connection lasting decades. Two days this year had weather patterns causing a smell of Hong Kong and it was disorienting.

The bread thing sounds nice. I don't like the smell of coffee either, in fact I don't drink coffee at all.

I hate coffee... unless it's ice coffee, with a lot of ice cream and sugar. So basically not coffee at all.

Japan has some wacky but nice smells available at the convenience stores. During Halloween they have Sweet Pumpkin drink that's nice and lychee gets your attention. Strangest taste/smell I've had recently is leatherwood honey. It's weird. Not even sure weird good or weird bad, but it's different. Strangest texture is pearl barley.

I hate coffee... unless it's ice coffee, with a lot of ice cream and sugar. So basically not coffee at all.

I have tried coffee a couple of time, but I just didn't like the taste.

What is the biggest lesson you have learnt so far in your writing classes?

Goodmorning OT Misfits!!

I am once again looking at houses today. There is one I really like, so we will see how we go.

House hunting is still at the super exciting phase for us. It is going to be a time consuming day racing from one house to, so I am going to pack a picnic lunch. The longest wait we have between houses is 45 min at 1pm.

Oh 12!! Good luck with the house hunting, thank god I don't have to do it again, I don't plan on moving for awhile

What is the biggest lesson you have learnt so far in your writing classes?

Outside of more industry based lessons (in regards to publishing contracts and all of that sort of stuff) I think the biggest lesson I've learnt is that it's okay to write badly. I was always told that I'm good at writing, but unfortunately over time that led to me getting anxious about ever writing anything that wasn't "perfect", which led to me being anxious about starting to write anything in the first place. I guess I've always known that it's okay to write badly, but it was good to hear it from people who know what they're talking about. It was also a relief to hear from my classmates that they too struggle with anxiety when it comes to starting new things. It was one of those "we're all in this together" sort of moments, you know?

Outside of more industry based lessons (in regards to publishing contracts and all of that sort of stuff) I think the biggest lesson I've learnt is that it's okay to write badly. I was always told that I'm good at writing, but unfortunately over time that led to me getting anxious about ever writing anything that wasn't "perfect", which led to me being anxious about starting to write anything in the first place. I guess I've always known that it's okay to write badly, but it was good to hear it from people who know what they're talking about. It was also a relief to hear from my classmates that they too struggle with anxiety when it comes to starting new things. It was one of those "we're all in this together" sort of moments, you know?

I guess it is good that you are not alone in your fears, that you and your fellow classmates are all human with the same fears and desires.

For me I have rarely felt anxious about writing anything because I mostly just write for myself. But I can see how the pursuit of perfection can cripple the creative mind.

By bad writing do you mean poor spelling, sentence structure, and grammar? Or poor writing as in it reads like something a drunk donkey typed out on a treadmill machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back