Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

I always find it interesting how some babies from the off look very male or female and others look more ambiguous. Oliver looks decidedly like a male.

My update

Planted over 200 garlic cloves - and if the crop is a good one mmmmmmm Very smelly breath but a very good $ crop. Heaps of Asian Cabbage (bok choi and Pak choi yumyum). Snow Peas are growing great and purple carrots are too! Got bronze fennel growing around my frog pond. Lots of Rocket and spinach. Lettuce always gives. Heaps of parsley for my tabbouli. Leeks everywhere!

Not been making friends with any cattle as I am still broken hearted over Blackey. Had a Rooster called Donald Trump for a while (same coloured feathers) but he just died a few weeks ago :( was hoping for babies :(

Love my garden and collecting stuff for for my meals.

What have you all been up to?????????????

The chooks ripped up most of my Garlic, a few weeks ago - but I replanted and mulched and they are looking OK. The chooks took out all my Asian Greens - fuckers - but I have planted more seed and have nets and will have to wait a couple more months for a feast. My spinach is being eaten by black beatles (I think they are the dung ones) My Snow Peas are GIVING - and the Carrots are growing like crazy!

With the Chooks - they give 4-5 eggs a day, so those 5 girls are forgiven ......

Cooked some Leeks tonight, with the Chard and that was sooooo TASTY

Hopefully soon, I will get the balance and have some good crops in Summer

So this happened!

I have a grandson!

This is our Oliver, he is now 5 weeks old and as a family we are so in love.

Hope you are all living your dream!

As Hooley would say, love sent.

Xo

View attachment 53967

Awwwww! Oliver is very cute. Congratulations Nanna TraLa!
2z57ko2.jpg

Reactions: Tee
Things change and things stay the same. 🤔
I haven’t logged in here for ages. Looks like the place has had a bit of a spruce up. I see in recent post a few familiar handles :)

Hello peeps 👋

HELLO!!!!! 👋

You've come back to join us in rattling about the halls.

So recently I've been working with a fellow Aussie expat to care for the cats at the pagoda near where I used to live. Over the past six weeks we've been taking them to Animal Rescue Cambodia for treatment, vaccinations and desexing.

We starting giving them (mostly descriptive) names so we can keep track of which cats we are referring to.

We have spayed these girls: Tuxmama (tuxedo cat), Ringo (named because she had ringworm lol), Britney, Motley, Ginger 2 and Ginger 3. I have Britney staying at me for three days because they missed taking out one of her stitches and took it out yesterday and she just needs to be inside to avoid infection.

We have neutered these boys: Twin 1, Nobby (who turned up one day with a nasty infection around his bum so they took care of that as well) and Horse. Horse was already looking kind of sluggish and after his neutering his immune system completely crashed and they ended up having to euthanise him, which was devastating. It's highly likely he had FIV (Cat Aids). Poor Horse :(

We have also had these girls treated: Motley 2 (serious eye infection), and my girl Polly who I saved from starving last year. She lived with me for six months and I got her spayed then. She returned to live at the pagoda in January but lately she has flu, and is looking weak and isn't eating. She's about 11 years old, which for a Cambodian street cat is very old. She's staying at ARC while a decision is made on her future. If she gets strong enough to leave they will find her a foster home to see out her days because she won't survive at the pagoda, and I can't keep her at my place now.

So our work is almost done. The last remaining cats that need desexing are distrusting of humans, so they may or may not get done. Boys: Biff, Twin 2, Wingnut, B&W, and girls: Bettina Bent-tail and CornerCat. We have tried unsuccessfully to get Twin 2 and CornerCat into the baskets. Bettina is feeding a litter at the moment so when her babies are weaned she might trust us enough. She's very protective of them. Gave me a scratch when I took a bowl of water to them yesterday! lol

I feel good that we have done something to reduce the suffering of animals because the kittens almost never survive at the pagoda. Out of 21 a couple of months ago (most of which had been dumped and not born on site) only two survived. Despite myself and some local women feeding them, they get run over, die of cat flu, mistreated by children etc. We can't stop people dumping kittens but we can reduce the number born there and the vaccinations will help keep the adults healthy. So that's something.

Omg

So this happened...

Worst experience of my life, and I’ve been homeless with gastro 😂😂

012AEAD5-D513-44F8-889F-E5604342D050.jpeg

He is such a little fighter, and he is seriously the most chilled baby ever. Thankfully he will hopefully make a full recovery.

Keep him in your prayers. His name is Oliver and he brings my family such love and joy.

Place has defs had a vacuum! New layout is lovely.

Bit of goss, Olly’s mothers cousin is one of the girls in the Bachelor! I darent go into that thread. I just know the usual suspects will be absolutely sledging the female housemates with their spite and name calling.

Omg

So this happened...

Worst experience of my life, and I’ve been homeless with gastro 😂😂

View attachment 54072

He is such a little fighter, and he is seriously the most chilled baby ever. Thankfully he will hopefully make a full recovery.

Keep him in your prayers. His name is Oliver and he brings my family such love and joy.
Aww Oliver. Poor little tyke. Certainly will include him in my prayers.

Hey Trala,

Oh no! I hope everything will be ok with Oliver. He is a cutie!!! ☺️

I wish Oliver a full and speedy recovery. ❤️❤️❤️

Reactions: Tee
Back