Skip to main content

Geeks Vs Cheerleaders and Jocks

Aiden

Firstly Lisa is TWENTY NINE YEARS OLD, but mentally has obviously never left school.

Secondly - I can't stand when the geeks vs cool kids thing gets wheeled out. Jaime from BB06, Emma from BB07, now Lisa from the current one.

I'm just venting but GRRRR

Firstly Lisa is TWENTY NINE YEARS OLD, but mentally has obviously never left school.

Secondly - I can't stand when the geeks vs cool kids thing gets wheeled out. Jaime from BB06, Emma from BB07, now Lisa from the current one.

I'm just venting but GRRRR
Hmm I don't remember a geeks vs cool kids mentality in 2006. Their weren't any geeks in 2006 haha. They were all models.

Lol its because a lot of the housemates have some kind of self entitlement and think they are superior. They think they are above certain people and fail to see the bigger picture. She thinks Skye is immature and OTT, but she is far more immature from how she carries herself in the house. It's not classy at all.

Let's face it lisa ain't going to win big brother and at this rate, she is going to get a lot of backslashes when she gets out of the house.

I am quite surprise how people like her manage to reach almost 30 years of age and still act so immature and child like.

I get the impression that Lisa thinks of herself as living some kind of glamorous life, with nightclubs and strip joints and gangsters and outfits that barely cover her cooch. She doesn't understand that people like Cat, for example, grew out of the nightclub scene before they'd finished Uni. In her eyes, she's the one that's being a mature, grownup sort of 30.

It's delusional.

giphy.gif

Yeah, we're starting to see a bit of nastiness come out. A bit of the way some people generally view other people.

Remember right from the start Ryan basically said he dismissed Lawson because Magic is geeky.

Lisa and Katie are clearly of this kind of demeaning view of others. Quick to judge and people not being worthy. Ryan's been playing good under the radar but we still see bits of his inner arsehole.

People like Sam and Lawson are more a power group and they're seeing shit go to their heads, thinking they are in charge.

It'll be interesting to see where it goes. Strangely enough Travis is one of the few if only we've seen have some insight. Skye is 20, he is 24, it's ok to be a bit immature. Everyone is different.

As opposed to others who judge and want to belittle under a pretense of 'being helpful.'

We live in a time where geek culture is pretty celebrated, i went to sports highschool and loved geeky shit but no one ever said anything derogatory. I think its pretty obvious that people who are older yet to come to grips that being a geek is kinda in at the moment, which is why some people dislike jake because it appears hes jumping on that bandwagon rather than being naturally geeky.

Cheerleaders and Jocks are people who have peaked in high school. Lisa sounds like she is desperately trying to remind people she is still relevant. A 29 year old cheerleader would have been sacked years ago and she knows it. Pretty will only get you so far in life but she's still trying to trade on the high school mentality and it's fooling no-one. She complained about Cat trying to dress younger than she is, (because shock horror she wore a sports bra in a dancing challenge!) it looks more like deflection with a definite tinge of jealousy in that comment. I haven't seen any items of clothing in Lisa's wardrobe that wouldn't be at home in the wardrobe of an 20 year old. She's not really in any position to whine.

These labels don't work for this lot.

I mean look at Jake, he is a JOCK, former pro tennis player, trying to pretend he is a geek...and whining about it.

Sam, pro athlete, but he's all about strategy/tactics/, he's smarter than most.

Lawson is an everyman, he has studied, creative stuff, he is an apprentice tradie, good physique, and an entertainer.

And there are just the 2 cheerleader types, SkyeAisha, the rest are far too old.

What does work better - those with JOBS v CAREERS

All the people with careers have their shit together more, you have to, they think clearer and are more mature.
CAREER
Priya,Gemma, Jason, Cat, Dave, Sam, Ryan, Dave, Lawson. Some are still socially a bit awkward - Dave & Gemma, but they still shit all over the Jobbers.
JOBS
Aisha
Skye
Dion
Lisa
Sandy
Trav
Katy

Lisa seems utterly consumed by envy of her younger, funnier, prettier self - skye; and her older nemesis Cat, far out she has 2 degrees & better tits and she is almost the same age as me.

Careers make you grow up and face responsibility, jobs you do to eat, and don't give a shit, and you can act any age you want.

I nearly fell off my chair when I heard her say that. How pathetic to still carry around that high school clique mentality and the misguided superiority complex. Most people use their twenties to come of age and see more of the world and of other people, and to understand acceptance in the face of all the different characters they meet. This just says to me that she is SO SHELTERED, DESPITE her Kings Cross sleazy lifestyle.

I nearly fell off my chair when I heard her say that. How pathetic to still carry around that high school clique mentality and the misguided superiority complex. Most people use their twenties to come of age and see more of the world and of other people, and to understand acceptance in the face of all the different characters they meet. This just says to me that she is SO SHELTERED, DESPITE her Kings Cross sleazy lifestyle.

I've said it before elsewhere, but I can't believe her lack of perspective for someone who works in the industry she does. That should have taught her a lot more about the world. Instead she dismissed strippers as psychos or something of that ilk in an earlier episode.

As people have said before, I find it ironic that Lisa criticised Cat for dressing like a 20-year-old, when Lisa herself dresses like she's 20! And yet they are both similar age.
And she constantly belittles Skye in a condescending way, where Skye probably is so confused and thinks Lisa is being 'helpful', but Lisa is actually just having digs at someone she is clearly jealous of and intimidated by.

And then the comment that all strippers have underlying mental or emotional or drug problems. Wow! What a way to generalise! How about all strip club managers? Surely they should be tainted by the same generalised brush then? I hope she didn't need that job, because she probably won't be welcomed back.

Despite trying to appear worldly, hanging around a seedy, sleazy nightclub scene does not make one worldly, it actually makes you sheltered, because she must think every girl is out to get her and that looks are everything. What a sad person she must be.

Girls like Lisa give meaning to the term 'mean girls'.

Geeks v Jocks: Who's Aligned with Who?

Current Groups...

The Sam/Sandra, Cat/Lawson Clique
More frequently joined by Ryan and occasionally Jason, who is a bit of a 'floater'.

The 'Cool Kids'
Queen Bee Katie reigned over this gang, but with her gone, Lisa, Ryan, Aisha, Skye, Jake and Travis are wondering where they stand.

The Lone Rangers
Priya, Jason and David all hang on the outside of both groups, flirting with them all as needed.

before Leo entered the house

http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/bigbrother/2014/latest/day-24/geeks-v-jocks/

Although I hate this high school analogy, this is what Tim was all about last year. Making sure the "cool" ones weren't in charge and that the others had a chance. Which is a nice change of pace lol

Back