Skip to main content

From The BBBA Archives: The Podcasts

Afflllate

Revisiting my stash of BB memorabilia (Newspaper/magazine articles, Website and digital files which I may do a separate thread for) I also still have a lot of the BBBA podcasts saved featuring our very own Vid & Vibes. I used to really enjoy listening to them crap on about the show (and even veering off into hilarious 'off topics' from time to time).

What better way to revisit these than to share them back on here. I've uploaded probably the earliest one I have I think already (BB2006 - 'Day 31' episode).

Day 31 Episode: The voicemails! Some of those members are still around I think also members on the forum mentioned by vid and vibes.

LOL at the censorship of 3mobile and KFC all through that segment. You also have to remember when they mention PM and President, they're talking about Johnny Howard and Dubya Bush. If they only knew what was coming a decade later (Trump). Bit of talk about SSM and eating disorder discussion at a family dinner in the house and Gretel randomly asking people if they're gay.

Bit of BBUK 2006 talk at the end there.

Revisiting my stash of BB memorabilia (Newspaper/magazine articles, Website and digital files which I may do a separate thread for) I also still have a lot of the BBBA podcasts saved featuring our very own Vid & Vibes. I used to really enjoy listening to them crap on about the show (and even veering off into hilarious 'off topics' from time to time).

What better way to revisit these than to share them back on here. I've uploaded probably the earliest one I have I think already (BB2006 - 'Day 31' episode).

I need to watch that BBUK season again. It was so good.

I need to watch that BBUK season again. It was so good.
Sooooo good although I don’t think I’ll ever make it through the entire series from start to finish… It’s far too long.

2006 was the first year C4 started posting video update on the OS and up until that point I’d only ever read articles or fourm posts/LFU’s. I don’t think I realized just how much of a freak show it was until I watched Nikki’s freakout over bottled water.

I also thought it was so cool that Richard made it on to the show. Until BBCAN started in 2012 being cast on BB was just a pipe dream for most Canadians so it was neat to see a fellow Canadian in the show especially one from the same area.

Sooooo good although I don’t think I’ll ever make it through the entire series from start to finish… It’s far too long.

2006 was the first year C4 started posting video update on the OS and up until that point I’d only ever read articles or fourm posts/LFU’s. I don’t think I realized just how much of a freak show it was until I watched Nikki’s freakout over bottled water.

I also thought it was so cool that Richard made it on to the show. Until BBCAN started in 2012 being cast on BB was just a pipe dream for most Canadians so it was neat to see a fellow Canadian in the show especially one from the same area.
On the downside, Dawn and Shabaz were both openly bullied. And Richard was a bit of a jerk. The season was just wild. BBUK at its absolute peak, I think (having not watched many seasons, but t'd be hard to top).

I think I'd have to start any rewatch of BB7 from about week 2 - I couldn't cope with Shahbaz again. BB7 was probably the last peak BBUK season but I'm not as much of a fan of it as others, but do think the Golden Housemate, House Next Door and Prison Task are three of the best twists in Big Brother history.

Vid and Vibes sound so young there. BB on Blast do a very good job of following in their footsteps and drunkenly podcasting though, but they're just far too long at 2-3 hours as standard.

On the downside, Dawn and Shabaz were both openly bullied. And Richard was a bit of a jerk. The season was just wild. BBUK at its absolute peak, I think (having not watched many seasons, but t'd be hard to top).
Richard is still a bit jerk.

The only thing I remember about Dawn was that she lied in her VT and had her sister send her a message in code.

As for Shabaz there was definitely a line crossed but overall I think he played in to things just as much as the other HM’s did and he made little attempt to try and fit in with the group.

BB7 was the literal peak… The follow celebrity series had the race row and BB never fully recovered afterwards.

I think I'd have to start any rewatch of BB7 from about week 2 - I couldn't cope with Shahbaz again. BB7 was probably the last peak BBUK season but I'm not as much of a fan of it as others, but do think the Golden Housemate, House Next Door and Prison Task are three of the best twists in Big Brother history.
I prefer the Bedsit or Secret Garden over House Next Door TBH. Both times it was used it feels more like a way for production to pad out 93 days than anything else.

Here's a Playlist of the BB2006 ones I've now uploaded (13 episodes) these ones all have same thumbnail, they did some funny ones for the 2007 and 2008 ones I have, might post a couple links to those individually when I relisten to bits to highlight. In 2006 I think I'm missing Day 73 Part 1 (of the two part Turkey Slap Episode), and The middle Part (Part 2) of the Finale Episode. I've slotted in the 'Gretel Special' in-between Day 31 and Day 44, I think that's when the Gretel/Michael on air stoush happened.

I also have the BB2007 Radio Week 1 Podcast, A Peter Abbott Interview one. The one (and only iirc) attempt of Vid to do a 'Behind Idol' podcast for 2006, and the one where they appeared on video calling in on BBUK Big Mouth or something.

BB2007 is about 15 episodes, BB2008 has about 4, I recall they did a handful for BB2012 (and maybe some of 2013 and 2014 too?) but I don't think I have copies of those (at least they're not saved with this lot if I do).

anyways, here's 2006's mini set for now:

Here's a Playlist of the BB2006 ones I've now uploaded (13 episodes) these ones all have same thumbnail, they did some funny ones for the 2007 and 2008 ones I have, might post a couple links to those individually when I relisten to bits to highlight. In 2006 I think I'm missing Day 73 Part 1 (of the two part Turkey Slap Episode), and The middle Part (Part 2) of the Finale Episode. I've slotted in the 'Gretel Special' in-between Day 31 and Day 44, I think that's when the Gretel/Michael on air stoush happened.

I also have the BB2007 Radio Week 1 Podcast, A Peter Abbott Interview one. The one (and only iirc) attempt of Vid to do a 'Behind Idol' podcast for 2006, and the one where they appeared on video calling in on BBUK Big Mouth or something.

BB2007 is about 15 episodes, BB2008 has about 4, I recall they did a handful for BB2012 (and maybe some of 2013 and 2014 too?) but I don't have copies of those.

anyways, here's 2006's mini set for now:

I can’t remember who it was exactly but the eye logo you’re using was a Forum members eye that Tim incorporated in to that years design.

I guess I was BBBA famous before I was BBBA famous as my voice seems to have been incorporated into the intro. I must not have paid much attention at the time.

Last edited:
I’ve had an extremely slow day at work today so I’ve been filling my time listening to some of the old podcasts… Laughing my ass off at some of the voicemails. Is it just me or are we sorely lacking in the funny troll department as of late?

I’ve had an extremely slow day at work today so I’ve been filling my time listening to some of the old podcasts… Laughing my ass off at some of the voicemails. Is it just me or are we sorely lacking in the funny troll department as of late?

I think about thesnip104 more than I’d like to admit

Someone wouldn’t happen to have the rest of the lost episodes from 2006 would they? 😼

Back