Skip to main content

Footage of Marina being told her dog has passed away

Lucas

I know I say we should be seeing pretty much everything in the house but with the way that the show is "edited" these days anyway and the constant missing footage of important conversations was it really necessary Nine and the producers airing the footage of Marina being told that her dog has passed away?

It was distressing. They should not have aired that personal raw footage. What they should of done was (if they really wanted to include this in the show) was Mike Goldman narrating and explaining that every housemate has three situations that they would like to be informed of in the house if something changes in the outside world and mention that sadly Marina's dog has passed away and maybe have a minute of footage on Jason and Priya comforting Marina. There we go. We have found out why Marina is upset and sadly that her dog has passed away. No raw footage of Big Brother breaking the news. Which should not be shared with the public. If it was a human being who died and they aired that footage there would be outrage.

Animal lovers would agree with me that your pets are like family members and if one of them dies it's like losing a loved one.

I feel for Marina and her mum. RIP Gutchi. :(

Lisa Clark ‏@IAMLISACLARK
Sad for Marina
2764.png
broken. I can only imagine how I would have felt. I'm glad she is looking after my babies - I miss those cuddles #ned&kelly

Katie Schepis ‏@MissKatieSkeps 6h6 hours ago
@IAMLISACLARK I cried!!

Lisa Clark ‏@IAMLISACLARK 48m48 minutes ago
@MissKatieSkeps Same!!!
1f622.png

Tully Smyth ‏@tee_smyth 47m47 minutes ago
@IAMLISACLARK @MissKatieSkeps What happened! I'm OS and can't watch! ARGH

Lisa Clark ‏@IAMLISACLARK 17m17 minutes ago
@tee_smyth @MissKatieSkeps Her puppy died!
1f622.png

Tully Smyth ‏@tee_smyth 15m15 minutes ago
@IAMLISACLARK @MissKatieSkeps Fucking hell. Gut wrenching. Makes me feel sick just reading that.

The whole point of BB is that it's a social experiment. We are supposed to be seeing the housemates reaction to things - unedited and raw. That's what it's meant to be like.

I wouldn't want to see someone's reaction to a person dying - that's a bit too much. I do know pets can be like family. I have two cats that I adore and would be devastated if they died. Seeing her reaction though is part of what BB is about.

If it was edited how @Lucas suggested then I'm sure viewers would be cranky that they didn't see more.

People would be complaining either way. She came on BB knowing she is in view of the public. You never know though, he may have asked her if he can air it before doing so

It's a pretty big moment to a housemate, so yes, it is completely right to be shown.

I'd be pissed if it wasn't shown. I mean, what if someone was talking, and Marina looked really down, maybe looked like she had just been crying and we weren't shown the footage?

Everyone would be confused as fuck.

And didn't Josh leave the house in 2012 because his brother died?

I think if Marina had had a bit more of a presence in the show before this, then I think it'd be fine if they showed it, but it's really been the only thing about her so far, if you exclude the very stupid and desperate attempt at putting her into a love triangle, and I know I personally wouldn't want to be known as the Girl Whose Dog Died.

It's a pretty big moment to a housemate, so yes, it is completely right to be shown.

I'd be pissed if it wasn't shown. I mean, what if someone was talking, and Marina looked really down, maybe looked like she had just been crying and we weren't shown the footage?

Everyone would be confused as fuck.

And didn't Josh leave the house in 2012 because his brother died?

I am not saying they shouldn't mention why Marina is upset. It was the footage of the actual moment when Marina was told by Big Brother that her beloved dog had passed was my problem. That should have been private. In that diary room she should have had the right to grieve privately. Regarding letting the viewers know about the situation - the producers could have just had Mike Goldman narrating what happened with footage of a minute or two with Priya and Jason comforting Marina when she was in her bed.

I see it as such a non-issue.

Why even bother wanting uncut if it's going to "invade their privacy".

Ultimately, the one who would be potentially harmed is Marina herself. However, she went into the house knowing her dog would die, knowing it would occur while she was in the house where she is being filmed and broadcasted.

It's not like this situation was something she did not see coming, signing a contract to go into the house.

well it got her some air time & probably some sympathy votes - which she probably needs...

even though I think other stuff in the house would've been more interesting to watch

Agree totally with the OP. Inappropriate and tasteless.

If BB was showing everything, then maybe ... but it is so heavily edited and we get to see so little, therefore this was unnecessary.

I see it as such a non-issue.

Why even bother wanting uncut if it's going to "invade their privacy".

I think there is a difference between seeing the housemates adult conversations and the right to grieve privately over a death of a beloved pet? :bored: I'm not saying they can't show Marina crying in her bed (that would be distressing to me personally anyway) but they absolutely had no right to air the news being broken to her in the diary room. They should have put the cameras off for a few minutes and let her have a cry in there and talk it through. We don't need to see that.

We don't even have an uncut version so we are not invading "their privacy" anyway in your point given? Which also makes me think about my point in the opening post: Why even show this raw footage and potentially upsetting footage for viewers when we miss out on all the other important footage anyway? They have no problem editing scenes out and not giving us the full picture of the house.

I think there is a difference between seeing the housemates adult conversations and the right to grieve privately over a death of a beloved pet? :bored: I'm not saying they can't show Marina crying in her bed (that would be distressing to me personally anyway) but they absolutely had no right to air the news being broken to her in the diary room. They should have put the cameras off for a few minutes and let her have a cry in there and talk it through. We don't need to see that.

We don't even have an uncut version so we are not invading "their privacy" anyway in your point given? Which also makes me think about my point in the opening post: Why even show this raw footage and potentially upsetting footage for viewers when we miss out on all the other important footage anyway? They have no problem editing scenes out and not giving us the full picture of the house.
I wasn't talking about adult conversations.

Most people say BB is too family friendly. We get a snippet of something that goes a little beyond that and all of a sudden it should be off limits?

And what footage would be more important? It's major news. It affects Marina entirely. Of course it is unnecessary to show it....... but it's entertainment. It's what you sign up for when you go in.

I see no point in being outraged, when there is no victim in this instance. You may have a point if Marina comes out and disproves of it, but even then, I would disagree with her.

I wasn't talking about adult conversations.

Most people say BB is too family friendly. We get a snippet of something that goes a little beyond that and all of a sudden it should be off limits?

And what footage would be more important? It's major news. It affects Marina entirely. Of course it is unnecessary to show it....... but it's entertainment. It's what you sign up for when you go in.

I see no point in being outraged, when there is no victim in this instance. You may have a point if Marina comes out and disproves of it, but even then, I would disagree with her.

Yes Big Brother is too family friendly. There is however some things that should be off limits for TV and that footage in the diary room of being told one of your pets has passed away is one of them and for the owner losing your pet can be really devastating. There has to be a point in every reality TV show when things like death makes the cameras stop rolling and you have a few minutes to grieve privately. All they needed to do was have Mike Goldman narrating why Marina is upset and have a quick snippet of Priya and Jason comforting her and Marina talking about what happened.

We seem to be going round and round in circles. Obviously you don't think it is a big deal. Nothing I can say and explain will help to change your mind. I am curious though and if you don't mind answering are you an animal person?

Yes Big Brother is too family friendly. There is however some things that should be off limits for TV and that footage in the diary room of being told one of your pets has passed away is one of them and for the owner losing your pet can be really devastating. There has to be a point in every reality TV show when things like death makes the cameras stop rolling and you have a few minutes to grieve privately. All they needed to do was have Mike Goldman narrating why Marina is upset and have a quick snippet of Priya and Jason comforting her and Marina talking about what happened.

We seem to be going round and round in circles. Obviously you don't think it is a big deal. Nothing I can say and explain will help to change your mind. I am curious though and if you don't mind answering are you an animal person?
In terms of Big Brother, I don't think very much should be off limits.

I didn't watch the live streams so not sure how they work, but I don't think there should be feeds in the showers and toilets. I think there are some tasks that should not be done, if it's any physical, mental or emotional torture. And no, what Gemma had done to her when evicted is not that. Other than that, there's not much more I can think is off limits.

And yes, I am an animal person I suppose. I have a dog that's turning 2 years old in a month. I felt really bad for Marina, and definitely empathised with her, but never crossed my mind that we shouldn't be watching this. If I put myself in her situation, I don't think I'd have a problem with it, even if it was a friend or family member.

Yah. Started watching again on the episode where Lisa and David had that argument in the spa. Caught my interest and been recording it and watching later.

Have not you noticed my posts sometimes in the daily show thread? :jawdrop:
I'm just playing with ya ;)

X

Back