Skip to main content

First Intruder to Win BB?

Which of these statements do you agree with?

• Total voters
Jules wants to be the “first intruder to win Big Brother” but it got me thinking about previous seasons and what constitutes an intruder.

Probably an obvious answer for most, especially for me, but just want to see what the forum thinks overall.

I think there was a lengthy discussion in 2020 about this. Chad and Reggie entered on about Day 3 or 4 pretty much, so its not long enough after the start to really be a classic 'intruder' More 'Original's, just a little bit late' if its anything within that first week or so They might get their own little grouping (Like the BB Air 8 from 2021), but they're pretty much there from 'almost the beginning'.

Furthermore Vesna/Rachael and Max/Chris weren't labelled 'inturiders they were more 'replacements' but were unofficially intruders because they entered after that initial launch week.

Define: Intruder

"a person who intrudes, especially into a building with criminal intent."
"person who enters a building, grounds, etc, without permission"

Hmmm. Do these people enter the BB house with criminal intent? I suppose they do intend to "steal" the win. Do they enter without permission? Nope.

Staggered entrances by housemates in the first week or whatever are just that. Intruders enter much later.

Staggered entrances by housemates in the first week or whatever are just that. Intruders enter much later.

Yeah, I would suggest intruders would come in about one-third, or half-way, in to the season.

If I was the first housemate through the door I'd consider everyone else intruders in my house.

I don't consider people who enter within the first week to be intruders. I'd say they are late arrivals. The first week is all about being introductory. Almost like an orientation or induction with new faces coming throughout. An intruder is someone who enters well and truly at a point where the game has passed it's beginning and there are established relationships and sides. Around a month into the series.

2003: The housemates entered the house throughout the first week. Everyone except the Square house five and Benjamin were latecomers. Jamie and Kim were the intruders.

2007: Susannah, Zoran and Billy were each also introduced on the second night. Not intruders, late comers.

2008: The three gatecrashers entered prior to an eviction occurring. In regards to the old school format of Big Brother, I argue that an intruder is someone who enters after the first eviction.

2012: Like previous series Benjamin, Ryan, Ray and George were all introduced in the first week like the others, they didn't intrude.

2013: Jade, Drew, Sugar sisters and Rohan all entered prior to nominations, thus are latecomers.

2014: Cat, Sam, Lawson and Aisha are the same as mentioned above, they entered on the second day.

2020: Chad, Sophie, Garth and Sarah whilst entered after an eviction had occurred, the first week was still going which in my mind is still a week of introductory. Hannah, Soobong, Danni and Shane also all entered within the first week.

2021: Same as 2020. The BB Air 8 all entered in the same way as the day 4 entrants in 2020.

Last edited:
I'd say anyone who enters at a point which makes them illeligible for the first eviction can be considered an intruder. So if you enter during the first week but can be nominated for the first eviction you just about can pass off as an original, but if you enter say on the first Sunday, so before an eviction, but are not eligible for the first round of nominations, that makes you an intruder.

I wonder how different the 2013 season would’ve been if Boog had entered on day one. Tim said those last two weeks with Boog were torture so I’ve always wondered if Tim would’ve still of won.

I wonder how different the 2013 season would’ve been if Boog had entered on day one. Tim said those last two weeks with Boog were torture so I’ve always wondered if Tim would’ve still of won.
That crew of housemates would have been nominating her a lot. I would rather have seen her than the Sugar Sisters. They added nothing to the show.

It would have changed everything because Tahan would have had a friend too. I think Tahan would have come in second if Ed’s fans hadn’t voted for Jade to win. I think if Tim was thrown off by Boog and Tahan had a friend, Tahan could have won.

Zack was so so close to winning in 2007. A combination of him being great fun and most of the rest of the housemates being sub par compared to the previous 6 seasons got him very, very close to the win. I think Billy fans votes were just enough to keep Aleisha in the lead.

Zack was so so close to winning in 2007. A combination of him being great fun and most of the rest of the housemates being sub par compared to the previous 6 seasons got him very, very close to the win. I think Billy fans votes were just enough to keep Aleisha in the lead.
IMO the closeness of that finale result isn't as genuine as it's made out to be. Aleisha was leading quite comfortably before the revealed the faces on the graph. I don't think Billy had enough fan's to keep her in the lead, her win was more so cemented from her argument with Michelle.

I hated that season and Ben is probably the worst ever winner for me along with Terri in 2008.
2012 is widely hated here, I know. Personally, he is my favourite winner. He is like an antihero if you will.

Terri is the worst winner in the history of Big Brother. Nothing to do with her age. I thought she was pretty hypocritical.

Well Terri is the evidence that Ten weren't above the fake eviction bullshit. There was absolutely no need to put her back in the house.

The producers clearly wanted her to win which is why they showed the voting percentages in the final (if memory serves me right Ben was in front and then when the voting lines closed, magically, Terri had overtaken him). Same thing in 2012 (clearly someone on the production team did not want Estelle to win)

The producers clearly wanted her to win which is why they showed the voting percentages in the final (if memory serves me right Ben was in front and then when the voting lines closed, magically, Terri had overtaken him). Same thing in 2012 (clearly someone on the production team did not want Estelle to win)
They should NEVER do that again (and I know they didn't in the latter seasons). This should be outright forbidden.

I don't think it was an anti-Estelle thing going on. If anything, maybe they wanted a gay man to win, or they knew Ben would be proposing to his boyfriend and thus wanted a ceremonial climax.

Back