Skip to main content

FETCH TV

bleachy_dude

Awesome site donor
Has anyone here got Fetch Tv?

(Ping @misspuddingface )

I'm with Dodo for broadband and just got notification that they are now offering fetch TV.

Free with my broadband account for basic fetch and apparently $30 per month with the channels. I don't really want the channels. But the idea of a free IQ type set top box might be appealing to me (well $69 set up fee)

What I want to know is, does the box work if the Internet drops out? Like you plug your normal antenna into the box and then it can record 2 channels at once. But since it's also IPTV - does it need Internet to actually work?

I thought about getting it through IINET but then changed my mind when they let you know you have to pay for movies and such that are NOT on the chosen list.

If you are with optus or telstra for any landline or mobile phone you have, perhaps you should check out the deals they have to offer you something similar or better? Optus has Fetch and Telstra has Foxtel.

I believe it needs internet for the EPG to work. i.e. setting recordings without it could be an issue?

I believe it needs internet for the EPG to work. i.e. setting recordings without it could be an issue?
Hmm that's what I was wondering.[DOUBLEPOST=1412385769][/DOUBLEPOST]
I thought about getting it through IINET but then changed my mind when they let you know you have to pay for movies and such that are NOT on the chosen list.

If you are with optus or telstra for any landline or mobile phone you have, perhaps you should check out the deals they have to offer you something similar or better? Optus has Fetch and Telstra has Foxtel.
I had Foxtel with IQ many years ago.

I miss the IQ, I do NOT miss the Foxtel channels :p

I just basically watch everything through the online catch up sites these days - but I guess I have been wondering if the fetch TV with the built in 1 TB hard drive would be good. It's free (well after the set up fee $69)

Yeah, I have it. I'm with Westnet and I love it. We have that and a DVR but it's quite good I think, I'm the same with you about Foxtel they repeat too much stuff.

If you pay for a certain pack (with Westnet anyways) you get 5 free movies. Though I'm looking into changing providers, because I'm paying like $200 p/m right now and it's intense.

Yeah, I have it. I'm with Westnet and I love it. We have that and a DVR but it's quite good I think, I'm the same with you about Foxtel they repeat too much stuff.

If you pay for a certain pack (with Westnet anyways) you get 5 free movies. Though I'm looking into changing providers, because I'm paying like $200 p/m right now and it's intense.

Yeah I wouldn't pay any extra - I don't want any extra channels or movies or whatnot.

Have you ever had any difficulties if your net drops out or something?

Well with dodo we pay $39.90 for unlimited ADSL2+ and now they are offering basic fetch for free and for an extra $30 p/m you can get those 30 cable channels and movies etc.

I've got my fetch through iiNet.

As far as I know it needs the interweb for the extra channels but not if you're just recording off normal free channels. I had to ask MrPuddingface but yeah, that's what he reckons.

I've got my fetch through iiNet.

As far as I know it needs the interweb for the extra channels but not if you're just recording off normal free channels. I had to ask MrPuddingface but yeah, that's what he reckons.
Do you like series link stuff to record? How reliable is it?

Is the EPG easy to navigate?

Only problem with fetch is that if you're watching the special channels your internet slows down when you're doing anything other than browse / YouTube. Downloading slows right down. iiNet gives you a whole load of free movies per month though so it kinda omits the need to download much anyway... There are movies you can pay for that are all new release.

... And a channel dedicated solely to Sienfield and Friends lol.

I just basically watch everything through the online catch up sites these days - but I guess I have been wondering if the fetch TV with the built in 1 TB hard drive would be good. It's free (well after the set up fee $69)

Hmm...I suppose the best thing to sus out is if you get to KEEP it forever? Otherwise why not just go to Dick Smith or something and buy an external HD and go to places like Viooz and download the shows or movies you want as keepers for free?

Do you like series link stuff to record? How reliable is it?

Is the EPG easy to navigate?

It's actually not bad. It's only maybe missed one show of the block this whole season and I put that down to a user error anyway. Any other show it hasn't missed a beat.

It confused me to begin with but once you get used to it properly there is no issue

Oh yeah it's really good the recording and you can use your phone too. I set BB recording on it 5 mins before and 5 mins after.

Well with dodo we pay $39.90 for unlimited ADSL2+ and now they are offering basic fetch for free and for an extra $30 p/m you can get those 30 cable channels and movies etc.
I was looking at Dodo but apparently there net drops out a lot or you get lots of slow speeds, I was looking at Internode or iPrimus

Hmm...I suppose the best thing to sus out is if you get to KEEP it forever? Otherwise why not just go to Dick Smith or something and buy an external HD and go to places like Viooz and download the shows or movies you want as keepers for free?
The problem with the catch up sites is that you can't FF through ads. So I'd like to be able to record shows and then skip ads

I was looking at Dodo but apparently there net drops out a lot or you get lots of slow speeds, I was looking at Internode or iPrimus
Yeah. Sometimes that can happen. But for me the trade off is the hugely discounted price compared to the others.

It's not long now until I get NBN anyway :p

Back