Skip to main content

Favourites from past seasons of BB - Did they win?

APABLD

I didn't watch Big Brother until 2006, and don't remember much of 2007 and 2008. To anyone who has watched previous Big Brother Australia seasons: who were the favourites at the start of the show and did they win or come close to winning?

2001: I liked Andy at the start - clearly did not come close to winning
2002: I liked Jess & Marty at the start - they both came close
2003: Reggie at the beginning - She won
2004: Wesley at the start: Half way
2005: Greg Logan at the start - Won
2006: Jamie at the start - Won
2007: Trevor at the start: Final 3
2008: Ben at the start: Final 3
2012: Layla at the beginning - final two

The only HM I can remember being a true fan favourite through to the end was Reggie.

For me personally, I don't think I have ever backed a winner. I think I liked Blair, and he came close.

This is an interesting question though, has the public/producers/bookies favourite ever won? Again, all I can think of is Reggie, but I'm not sure who was tipped to win any other series, so I would love to know. Good question [MENTION=36808]APABLD[/MENTION]

From last season I so wanted Estelle to win.....the level of what I can only describe as 'abuse' she had to contend with form those 3 vile and putrid examples of humanity (Ben, Michael and Stacey) was truly awful.

I was gutted when that piece of shit Ben won.

From last season I so wanted Estelle to win.....the level of what I can only describe as 'abuse' she had to contend with form those 3 vile and putrid examples of humanity (Ben, Michael and Stacey) was truly awful.

rflmao, well at least you didn't hold back.;)

If you're talking about the betting odds, Reggie is the one who stands out as having been backed the whole way through and continuing on to win. And I think the Logans may have been the favourites at the start as well? Not sure.

I'm not sure who the early favourites were in the other series, except Michael last year.

Last edited:
I've said it before but I didn't think either Ben or Tim were making it to final 3, way too obvious.

Last year was a great example of three non obvious finalists. Ben, Estelle and Layla. No one would have predicted it.

Looking back, last year was actually great.

i always loved Reggie, and she won

i did fall in love with sara marie(season1) and she came in the top3

season2, i cant remember who i was backing. that season is a little fuzzy for me
season4, i did want paul or bree to win. and they made it in the top3

The bookies favourite from last year was Michael. He was favourite from about Week 1-2, and came 4th in the end.

I've also started BB from 2006.

2006: David was always a favourite (bets and all)
2007: Travis followed by Joel (Aleisha was like in top 5)
2008: Rory or Ben (Terry was also somewhere in top 5)
2012: Michael (always were a favorite to win, Ben was very low like Tahan and Mikkayla)

People, this thread is about AUDIENCE favourite, NOT yours.

Last edited:
I only started watching from 2005 but I've since watched 2004 and I liked Bree & Paul the most. - Runner Up/Close
2005: Christie & Tim - Runner Up/Close
2006: Michael (pre-insider) Then Krystal & Jamie - Won/Close
2007: Aleisha & Zac - Won/Runner Up
2008: Didn't have a favourite
2012: Estelle - Close
2013: Jade & Tim - Both close (so far)

I agree completely.

Estelle was my favourite last year.

Worst winner ever! Ever!

I was devastated especially for estelle. I really did think he was evil, those eyes were not friendly at all, he always looked like he was about to annihilate someone.

Worst winner ever! Ever!

I was devastated especially for estelle. I really did think he was evil, those eyes were not friendly at all, he always looked like he was about to annihilate someone.

If you're a Tahan fan then you're not that bright. Because she is worse than him. At least Ben made friends and had close friends in the house (who loved him); he was also funny, warm and just likable (despite his mean side). Tahan has never been funny and friendly.

Best winner ever.

If you're a Tahan fan then you're not that bright. Because she is worse than him. At least Ben made friends and had close friends in the house (who loved him); he was also funny, warm and just likable (despite his mean side). Tahan has never been funny and friendly.

Best winner ever.

You're one of those people? Insult personally because a forum user doesn't have the same opinion as you.

Firstly I don't see tahan is worse then Ben. She isn't ploying people to group assassinate a hm. She isn't excluding a certain person In the house and she isn't coming across as a bully in the least.

You can have your opinion that Ben is the best winner ever. I can have mine and say he is the worst winner ever. I can also like tahan, even if it doesn't meet your standards of someones intellect capabilities.

01 - I honestly don't really remember but I think I liked Christina
02 - Mirabai was a favourite
03 - I liked both Reggie and Chrissie
04 - I don't think I had a fav
05 - same as 04 - but I was happy with the winner
06 - I would've preferred Camilla to win
07 - I loved many but Aleisha was my favourite (woohoo!)
08 - I hoped Ben, Rory or Alice would win
2012 - Layla
2013 - Tim/Jade

Back