Skip to main content

Farmer Dave is on Australian's Got Talent

The10thDoctor

Last night in session two a dog act was set up. 15 minutes later the crowd goes mental and out walks farmer Dave with 5 kids and some dogs.
He has his big beard on again.

He gave a lovely talk.about what he does working with disadvantaged youth and how working with the dogs changed their lives. It was very fkn cool to hear and the act was very cool.

The two local judges knew him and seemed in awe of what he was doing. The two British got talent judges had no idea....but David Walliams I think fell in love because the flirting was OTT from him and farmer Dave was laughing it off.
He got a standing ovation from judges and audience and 4 yeses. Farmer Dave did mention real big brother a couple times, but not current series.

And yeah, I don't think we are supposed to talk abiut it, but seriously..talking about 1 act won't hurt.
But I will say the English judges can be really rude and nasty and make simon Cowell look soft !
David forgot in one act where he was and asked them why come on Britain's got talent...
They didn't even do a reshoot.

I read the post this morning before it was removed and there was nothing offensive in it.
It's interesting information that is very relevant to a Big Brother forum.
It's only spoilery in the mildest possible sense, to people who need everything they watch on tv to seem new...
Someone had left an angry icon but I didn't take any notice of who and obviously didn't know why.

Ok, i don't know how to reddit the original post to put down the story. Not using my real name, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Last night in session two a dog act was set up. 15 minutes later the crowd goes mental and out walks farmer Dave with 5 kids and some dogs.

He gave a lovely talk.about what he does working with disadvantaged youth and how working with the dogs changed their lives. It was very fkn cool to hear and the act was very cool.
The two local judges knew him and seemed in awe of what he was doing. The two British got talent judges had no idea....but David Walliams I think fell in love because the flirting was OTT from him and farmer Dave was laughing it off.
He got a standing ovation from judges and audience and 4 yeses. Farmer Dave did mention real big brother a couple times, but not current series.

And yeah, I don't think we are supposed to talk abiut it, but seriously..talking about 1 act won't hurt.

But I will say the English judges can be really rude and nasty and make simon Cowell look soft !

David forgot in one act where he was and asked them why come on Britain's got talent...
Thanks for sharing and posting this. This place used to be known for secrets and behind the scenes stuff (the name behind is there), so i'm glad you bought back the info and shared it again (even if it's not for the Big Brother show itself but someone who was on it).

I can tell you if they don't edit down Dave's segment too much, he comes Across like a wonderful human.
you can see the respect his kids have.
usually when an act finishes they all leave the stage and the agt crew break down the setting and take it away. I saw 32 acts yesterday and
Dave's kids were the only contestants to help break down their own set.

Someone had left an angry icon but I didn't take any notice of who and obviously didn't know why.
That would have been me, @Meglos. It was entirely to do with the state of reality TV today, not the post. Long gone are the days where actual, regular John Smith’s get the chance to promote themselves on shows like this. Nothing new, I know, but it’s just a sad and boring state of affairs. This segment alone sounds more than contrived.

Seven’s blatant recruitment team working in overdrive for cross-promotion and “star” power, rather than giving actual auditionees more of a chance to appear on the show.

That would have been me, @Meglos. It was entirely to do with the state of reality TV today, not the post. Long gone are the days where actual, regular John Smith’s get the chance to promote themselves on shows like this. Nothing new, I know, but it’s just a sad and boring state of affairs. This segment alone sounds more than contrived.

Seven’s blatant recruitment team working in overdrive for cross-promotion and “star” power, rather than giving actual auditionees more of a chance to appear on the show.
Thanks for clarifying.
And yes, I agree.
A talent show should aim to discover new talent, not people looking to extend their fame (not saying Dave is doing that but the show is certainly using his name as a drawcard).

Ok, i don't know how to reddit the original post to put down the story. Not using my real name, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Timmy, can you replace my first post with the quoted post??

I can promise you you guys Dave wasn't promoting Dave. He was there to show Australia what it is he does. Sure, I guess it was some self promotion...but only the good.kind. what he does with those kids is wonderful
He has said that he didn’t think he would do reality though again, but decided to as he wanted to promote his work. So yeah it’s a good things. He works closely with the police and youth to assist with them learning skills to carry over into the workforce. It’s really beautiful

He has said that he didn’t think he would do reality though again, but decided to as he wanted to promote his work. So yeah it’s a good things. He works closely with the police and youth to assist with them learning skills to carry over into the workforce. It’s really beautiful
Yeah he talked about all that. I swear every person had tears in their eyes

Back