Skip to main content

EUROVISION 2018 - JESS MAUBOY :)

About time......and what fun

Will Ferrell to star in Eurovision comedy

2018-06-20_1032.jpg

Netflix has confirmed Will Ferrell will star in a film about Eurovision and has reportedly given the go-ahead to make the film by organisers -an ideal way to broaden the contest’s appeal in the US market.

Ferrell was at this year’s contest and is thought to have been a fan since being introduced to it by his Swedish wife. He also spent time with some of the contestants.

He’s set to write the screenplay with former head writer of Saturday Night Live, Andrew Steele.

The film will be Will Ferrell’s second Netflix feature-length production.

He also worked on Ibiza, a comedy starring Gillian Jacobs, which was released last month.

Source: BBC

About time......and what fun

Will Ferrell to star in Eurovision comedy

2018-06-20_1032.jpg

Netflix has confirmed Will Ferrell will star in a film about Eurovision and has reportedly given the go-ahead to make the film by organisers -an ideal way to broaden the contest’s appeal in the US market.

Ferrell was at this year’s contest and is thought to have been a fan since being introduced to it by his Swedish wife. He also spent time with some of the contestants.

He’s set to write the screenplay with former head writer of Saturday Night Live, Andrew Steele.

The film will be Will Ferrell’s second Netflix feature-length production.

He also worked on Ibiza, a comedy starring Gillian Jacobs, which was released last month.

Source: BBC
I hope the Americans don't want to join the competition.

I hope the Americans don't want to join the competition.

To qualify for non Euro States = over 30 years of broadcasting......= Australia
USA broadcast it for the first time last year....they have a long way to go

However, I think Eurovision is interested in seducing both USA and China

There’s already blowback over fears the movie will basically treat the competition as a joke.

There’s already blowback over fears the movie will basically treat the competition as a joke.
Because they don't 'get' it, I'd suggest. We all do. Mind you, they don't 'get' lots of stuff we and everyone else get. Except the Office. I much prefer theirs and Queer as Folk to the UK versions, what I saw of those.

Back