Skip to main content

Eurovision 2014 - May 6th, 8th & 10th

My points go NORWAY, Finland, Greece, all boys LOL.

The rise of the penis will get in of course. The whistling shits me.

Just about all of them have moments that are OK, and then ick.
Do you think

What!? The whistling is awesome!

And yep I agree only very few are good from start to finish.

Australia was nearly 10 for 10 luckily Europe put in Norway instead of Ireland.

It seems to me there's a lot more ballads this year than traditional Europop trash.

Too many women in white dresses. And bitches in black. quite funny really.

My laptop battery died last night, wonder how much a new one will cost???

And @Consuela have you been spoiled yet? Crappy morning TV shoved it in my face, oh well, doesn't really matter.
Jess is a gorgeous beam of sunshine, watch her road to Eurovision on catchup, and they show that old Idol clip when she was but a child of 16 singing her heart out in the red dirt. She looks so little & cute, and her cute little cousins and stuff sing to her now.

Too many women in white dresses. And bitches in black. quite funny really.

My laptop battery died last night, wonder how much a new one will cost???

And @Consuela have you been spoiled yet? Crappy morning TV shoved it in my face, oh well, doesn't really matter.
Jess is a gorgeous beam of sunshine, watch her road to Eurovision on catchup, and they show that old Idol clip when she was but a child of 16 singing her heart out in the red dirt. She looks so little & cute, and her cute little cousins and stuff sing to her now.

That's no good about your battery but I think the good news is they're not too expensive these days. As for being spoilt I didn't as I'm not a mother or female for that matter despite my confusing alias. :p I did however spoil mi madre which meant I got a delicious lunch as well. ;)

Yeah I do know your a dude @Consuela, but then everyone around here thought I was one for YEARS - I don't think gender should mean much on the web.

I meant spoiled - as to the winner.
I forget hardly anyone around here watches Doctor Who.
Spoilers is used a lot in Doc ' spoilers sweetie' is a quote from Doc Who's sort of wife, but in general it means someone tells you the end of a story before you see it, or the winner of something before it's announced.

Yeah I do know your a dude @Consuela, but then everyone around here thought I was one for YEARS - I don't think gender should mean much on the web.

I meant spoiled - as to the winner.
I forget hardly anyone around here watches Doctor Who.
Spoilers is used a lot in Doc ' spoilers sweetie' is a quote from Doc Who's sort of wife, but in general it means someone tells you the end of a story before you see it, or the winner of something before it's announced.

Ha! Well I completely missed the obvious there didn't I. You'd think the fact we're in the Eurovision thread would have given me a clue. :facepalm:

In reply to your real question yes I was spoiled thanks to the not at all obvious picture on news.com.au.

I'm torn as to whether I should watch the final when I know the winner or watch A Place to Call Home which I love!

I'm torn as to whether I should watch the final when I know the winner or watch A Place to Call Home which I love!
Me too.
And I'm flipping between Voice & Eurovision already.
I think I can manage a flip viewing of Home/Euro also, most of the ones I want to see are on towards the end.
Home can be rather slow, and some parts are not what I want to see - the young guy being driven crazy by the freaky cures/tortures for being gay I will happily flip.

Oh lovely Norwegian Man[DOUBLEPOST=1399803195][/DOUBLEPOST]Romanian woman has some pipes!

Well...now I can settle and stop flipping for an hour - I think A Place to Call Home can wait.

I just want to sit back and enjoy this festival of weird and fun, nothing like it for making my mood good.

Has been so much fun so far. I mostly like the novelty acts best: Iceland's wiggles, France's movember anthem, Denmark Does Bruno Mars, Carry On Poland.
And Diamonds are Forever Austria was a great moment.

But l hope Ukraine wins, would be a hoot. Surely if Ukraine win and have to host next year then Russia will have to ensure that there is a Ukraine left to host. Surely. Eurovision has that much power.

Reactions: Jam
i liked a few in the final, Sweden, Finland, and Norway, but i think the best song won, and it was sung to perfection

did the Polish girls cream their butter to perfection?

Last edited:
Teh "12" song got my vote ...

Lurved all the "Hillsong Two-Step" in it and I couldn't help but add in the odd line from the following to the mash.

regarDS

Back