Skip to main content

Eurovision 2014 - May 6th, 8th & 10th

derspatz

non green multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
Yup, it's nearly that time of year again !

W00T

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/timeline

So, here's a thread to talk about. :)

My fav eurotrash winner in the 21st century ?

La-da-dee-da-Lena in "light blue underwear ... worn just the other die" with "satellite" from Eurovision 2011

regarDS

Reactions: Tee
For me, hands down 2009 - Alexander Rybak

Surprised you didn't pick him, ders, with his instrument.

Anyone else watching?!?!?

Apparently Jess blew them away, we get to see tomorrow night ;)

I'm keeping a score card this time so I can remember who is who.
So far not a bad standard, only one shitty band, one joke song.

No great crazy productions yet either, c'mon, bring on the crazy:):):)

Cheers enjoy everyone, love EV - and don't anyone spoil it this year....................Derspatz:(

Oh my gosh I almost forgot. Missed the first 4. I saw the wiggles wannabes from Iceland.

Looking forward to seeing Jess Mauboy tomorrow night

Lots of white flowing frocks.....the russians were naff

Some crazy trapeze girl scaring the singer.
What is she on about???

Nice voice - and she looked so very pleased with herself.

All a bit too tasteful so far, even the frocks

@bleachy you missed
Aaron from somewhere, shaky start, but improved, if my memory serves me he may be the besty so far - or I'm sick of floaty girls
Latvia - bake me a cake- that should tell you how ick this is
Estonia- floaty white girl, sounded a bit ga ga, , good
Sweden -lady in black lace, ballad, nice enough, blah
Iceland - shit band
Albania- woman with dark page boy, nice voice, not bad ballad

Last edited:
Oooooo SBS has a preview mini clip of Jess up -

http://www.sbs.com.au/eurovision/vi...-of-jessica-mauboy-at-eurovision_246601283970

She's looks gorgeous and is rocking it out, looks fantastic:):):)[DOUBLEPOST=1399636142][/DOUBLEPOST]Oooooo SBS has a preview mini clip of Jess up -

http://www.sbs.com.au/eurovision/vi...-of-jessica-mauboy-at-eurovision_246601283970

She's looks gorgeous and is rocking it out, looks fantastic:):):)

i need to copy/paste this clip for something

i didn't think she sounded that good, but someone else said she did, so i am guessing i'm not really hearing it properly. she has so much energy happening on stage and you could tell she was so excited to be there :)

Without spoiling anything thought the Aussie segment was brilliant when it was all light and humerous - but the minute they took it seriously with Jess is became rather dull. You wouldn't be troubling the scoreboard with that.

Oh lordy I hate all the Aussie crap, loved Jess, she looks fantastic - not sure of the sound quality here.

Instead of Australiana crap, would have preferred a bit of Aussie obsession with Eurovision history, maybe a brief appearance by Aussies who have competed, and something like Tap dogs or a bit of Priscilla performed.

Whatever, I guess they are getting that we are Eurovision tragics, and have sensational performers like Jess.

And back to the comp -
my 3 favourites got in yeah, Netherlands does Nashville - awesome couple, cute and talented; Hungary, cute boy has a grand voice; 1st guy, that I can't really remember but I marked him OK on my score card.

There were a lot of performers doing a LOREEN (past winner with Euphoria).
IE the singer and a dancer, doing some kind of entwined thingy - so very Loreen

And way too many white floaty frocks.

My best dressed - the hamster wheel girl in black.

Oh lordy I hate all the Aussie crap, loved Jess, she looks fantastic - not sure of the sound quality here.

Instead of Australiana crap, would have preferred a bit of Aussie obsession with Eurovision history, maybe a brief appearance by Aussies who have competed, and something like Tap dogs or a bit of Priscilla performed.

Whatever, I guess they are getting that we are Eurovision tragics, and have sensational performers like Jess.

And back to the comp -
my 3 favourites got in yeah, Netherlands does Nashville - awesome couple, cute and talented; Hungary, cute boy has a grand voice; 1st guy, that I can't really remember but I marked him OK on my score card.

There were a lot of performers doing a LOREEN (past winner with Euphoria).
IE the singer and a dancer, doing some kind of entwined thingy - so very Loreen

And way too many white floaty frocks.

My best dressed - the hamster wheel girl in black.

Agree with all your picks. Netherlands are really really good and my personal fave. By 1st guy do you mean Armenia? Don't mind the song but his voice doesn't sound the greatest to me but he'll probably win as the song is a good mix of ballad and pop.

Agree with all your picks. Netherlands are really really good and my personal fave. By 1st guy do you mean Armenia? Don't mind the song but his voice doesn't sound the greatest to me but he'll probably win as the song is a good mix of ballad and pop.

Yep that's him, Armenia.
Netherlands couple are fab, aren't they, all round good vibe, song, voices - and he is sexy as hell.

Woo hoo, here we go.
Oh dear - another black widow frock.
So far it's 3 kinds of frock for the ladies- white for the good/angelic I guess; red sexy sluts; black evil bitches

Boring Polish damsels.

Oz has voted norway down - what, fools.

OOo bearded lady up next:)

Back