Skip to main content

EUROVISION 2013 IS HERE! No spoilers anyone

And tonight the finale was the evil male version, the black volcano - Mordor, with a freaky voice & face.

Why is booze free in Greece? Is that why they are broke?

Cool, Mordor is through

Thor is thru

And Gaultier hates this host woman, look at that shit frock he threw at her - doesn't look to be any sewing involved there, just some scrap thrown at her (with an old umbrella to boot below)

Last edited:
We usually watch bits of it but for some reason the household decided not to this year. I'll watch the reruns, though. It's usually totally mad!

<3 <3 <3 Romania

Had his song stuck in my head all day, damn that chorus

Last edited:
lscp and I have the flags out (at least 5 flags around the room inluding Great Britain, USofA, NZ, and Oz ... one legit Eurovision flag out of 5 ain't bad :)), champagne flowing, and watching (up to song number 7 now ... haven't been able to get online til now though).

Opinions thus far ?

France = Meh
Whatever after that = Meh++
Loved the Wicked Woman with the really really really long legs ;)
Finland should be bombed and I hope they get the lowest votes. Hate vacuous lookatmees who think they are being controversial when they are just being embarrasing and bringing shame upon their country. :D
Loved Spain.
Belgium's (?) Peter Gabriel sound-alike should have avoided doing the "full spaz" close-up that saw his eyes near cross over but not a bad song.
Loved the one after that (Estonia)
Belarus is back to Mehsville. Her oufit makes me laugh and her eyes and mouth makes me scared. lol Friggin Glee Club stuff though.
Malta is a rip-off but it's fun ... hopefully they'll do "ok" :)
Russia seems to have all the necessary ingredients for a good old Eurovision Anthem song. Nice dress but prolly not on the right kind of body for it. Yet another one that sounds very Abba-ish.

Okay, time to go read through the thread thus far. :)

regarDS

Last edited:
Meh to Germany.

AFAIC, they still haven't provided anything anywhere near as good as the following much deserved winning entry from a few years back.

[youtubevid]8QSgNM9yNjo[/youtubevid]

Armenia = amazing array of facial hair ?

regarDS

Song number 13 !

What tha ?

the little train that couldn't ?

"I think I can I think I can I think I can ... oh, maybe not"

[youtubevid]IqICOi3_5k4[/youtubevid]

Thank goodness for Mr Romania eh ... but what was with all the giant condoms ? lolololol

Ummm, "his life, his choice " :D

gets my vote ... actually, my two most favorite acts tonight involve people with really really really long legs. ;) :)

regarDS

Was worried that Bonnie was gunna get stuck to the microphone !

... and to distract you from the thought, here is something totally unrelated

BlowFish.jpg

Oh well, at least Bonnie was better than Sweden's Crazy Hair and singing dancers.

Hungary is cutsy, coulda done without the skinny jeans and the weird specs but I reckon they deserve to do well. Piano in the mix reminded me a bit of Gilmour's "High Hopes" off the "Division Bell".

[youtubevid]rBXmcN8uuaU[/youtubevid]

Denmark ? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Girl Next Door kinda stuff ... in a world where Girls Next Door raise dragons and go by the name of "Daenerys Targaryen" and don't wear shoes . :D

Deserves to win I reckon. Tin whistles and drummer boys were a nice touch.

No surprises why Denmark are the favourite. Top stuff.

regarDS

Last edited:
Nice one, Iceland !

Dunno what you're singing but it sounded good.

lol @ Azerbaijan ... I thought he was going to break into "the running man"

[youtubevid]Qttp0UR5w64[/youtubevid]

"Knees are free" from Greece ? ;) :)

Ukraine = Lydia vs The Giant ?

[youtubevid]kTiE8CfwZqs[/youtubevid]

Wake me up when Italy has finished singing "with or without you"

regarDS

Last edited:
Norway is singing the Skyfall theme, yes ?

... and is that Nathan from BB on drums ? :)

oh noes, Georgia is now doing "with or without you". sigh.

oh bloody hell, we've now got a pair of Michael Flatley's on Bodhrans as Yet Another version of "with or without you" is done ... by, ironically enough, Bono wannabe from Ireland. luls.

regarDS

Last edited:
Yeah, sucky song called Teardrops, pretty girl, boring.

I wanted that beautiful woman singing for the Netherlands to win, love that mysterious song Birds.

Seems like it's only every other year we get a decent winner - like Lena and Loreen love both of them; then they go back to general Eurotrash formula people.
Actually it's about time for a novelty song winner, hasn't been a quirky one for a while - Alcohol is Free in Greece it seems, thus their economy I guess.

Romania - he was worth sitting through all the crap, damn he was fun. Mordor Man, especially when he does the freaky voice is fabulous.
He was like a cross between Adam Lambert/a black mountain/and a screaming woman.

Derspatz - thank you so much for that fuerzabruta clip. Russia was freakin awesome. And I thought that was a Russian movie star just running through a wind tunnel due to his mega stardom.
Had no idea about http://www.fuerzabruta.net/index.htm

Very neat, they have the Russian swimming pool stuff too:)

[video=youtube;Nu-1N8sw2Js]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu-1N8sw2Js&feature=player_embedded[/video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu-1N8sw2Js&feature=player_embedded

And it turns out Azerbaijan's been busted rigging the phone vote. Well, there's a shocker. Not saying the performance was bad, because it wasn't, but even with the standard neighbour votes and the "hot guy" votes (which didn't help the shirtless Irish hunks), it wasn't 234 votes good. If memory serves, there was circumstantial evidence of this happening last year too - one of the juries questioned the combined vote giving them eight points when the jury hadn't given them any and when every single one of the public votes was by SMS (ie, there wasn't a single phone vote either).

Why are the Brits so resistant to serving up some good cheesey Eurotrashness?

Or some actual good music since you have that all around them, crowding around them for goodness sakes?

I know they have been shitted on and treated badly and are bitter, but still.
The last 2 entries wouldn't even do well in the nursing home they came from, fugly old farts singing dirges.

Why don't they just ask Kylie. Either get with the fun or send a real freak like a human volcano. Giving retirees a few pence is ridiculous.
Even the Swiss Salvos were better.

The sad thing is the British have two acts that could win this in a landslide - Kylie like you said, but also One Direction. If they send either of them, they win. No contest.

I had some spare time and recalculated the votes as best I could without Azerbaijan (eg. if they got 12, whoever got 10 was bumped up to 12, whoever got 8 was bumped up to 10, and so on, with the spare 1 point being dumped in an "unknown" tally as the full results aren't out yet. Basically, San Marino qualifies for the first time, Denmark wins by even more, and the unknown points beat Bonnie Tyler.

Back