Skip to main content

Election in the BB house?

clairebbbear

I love Hamm
So I could be wrong, but I think this will be the first time BB has been on when there's been a Federal election.

Wondering how they're going to deal with it for the housemates that are there.

They can't really keep the HMs completely in the dark and not tell them about the election, otherwise they'll get fined for not voting.

I think it'd be cool to incorporate it into the house events in some way, e.g. through an election task. Just as long as we don't have KRudd or TAbbott visiting them in the house!

Most probably though, I guess they'll just have the HMs doing postal votes in secret in the diary room and not televise it.

Yeah I'm not sure how they're going to deal with this, from a legal perspective. They'll probably have to keep in hush and not let the Australian public know, because they can't be seen to try & influence the public in terms of who they should vote for.

Imagine first time voters only voting for someone because Tully or Tahan say so? haha

I'm sure they would be provided with absentee voting forms to complete. They won't find out the results until they leave the house tho (unless the final few watch a news broadcast on finale night, possibly).

I am kind of jealous of them not having to deal with all the campaigning shit we will have to deal with in the next month

Interesting point. They would have to be allowed to do it off-camera, but we might get to see them talking about it? How has it been done in overseas BBs, does anyone know?

Sept 7 ... "Clean up Australia" day.

There's an election coming? Gosh. ;)

Yup, but thanks to today's announcement it won't include a referendum on whether to tamper with the Oz constitution so "local government" can crack a mention.

regarDS

If you think these people will be the only ones kept in the dark about politics, you are wrong.

Great question/comment clairebbbear!

I would assume the housemates will have to do postal votes, but I hope they will be kept informed about policy changes since the change of Labor leadership. It would be unfair for the housemates to vote without knowing exactly what is going on with the main political parties.

I hope they will be kept informed about policy changes since the change of Labor leadership. It would be unfair for the housemates to vote without knowing exactly what is going on with the main political parties.
They could send the boat people to the BB house to tell them about the change. Don't tell me that won't stop the boats!

They could send the boat people to the BB house to tell them about the change. Don't tell me that won't stop the boats!

Pmsl.....what a classic!

There are other policy changes that could easily change someones vote.

PS....I'm laughing to much to think of a good response.....I raise my glass to you clairebbbear!

Back