Skip to main content

Does anyone know anyone who has worked on BB?

Mooseface

Little known member
How much editing is really done? How much psychology is involved? What actually happens once the HMs leave?

I do know someone actually because he came to work with me on a film not long after BB 4 or 5 ended. I had just moved here and wasn't in to it at all so didn't hound him for info. I've sent a FB msg after reading your post so hopefully he'll give us some dirt. As for editing, I think tonight's Drully argument shows how much they do when you compare the live feed vid to what they aired on the daily show. For whatever reason the editing of the daily show was slanted to try to favour Tully and they used the Frankenbite quite a bit in that exchange which I'm disappointed in because I didn't think Aussie reality shows relied on that nonsense. I'll definitely post back in here when he replies... we've stayed friends throughout the years and have worked together since so I should get an answer soon hopefuly!

I do know someone actually because he came to work with me on a film not long after BB 4 or 5 ended. I had just moved here and wasn't in to it at all so didn't hound him for info. I've sent a FB msg after reading your post so hopefully he'll give us some dirt. As for editing, I think tonight's Drully argument shows how much they do when you compare the live feed vid to what they aired on the daily show. For whatever reason the editing of the daily show was slanted to try to favour Tully and they used the Frankenbite quite a bit in that exchange which I'm disappointed in because I didn't think Aussie reality shows relied on that nonsense. I'll definitely post back in here when he replies... we've stayed friends throughout the years and have worked together since so I should get an answer soon hopefuly!

Thanks Mrs B. I am quite intrigued by the BB social experiment. From the perspective of the HMs (I thought years ago I would like to be one, but no longer... but still intrigued by people who do put themselves up), and by the media perspective and also by the public perspective.

Would be interested to hear from anyone else with similar intrigue and/or interest in how reality tv occurs...

[MENTION=99]Goon[/MENTION] ?

I am sure there have been other members here over the years as well

You have to remember this, a 90min or 30min show is footage of a 24hour period. They are trying to pack into the episode what they feel will be the best entertainment they can. The most controversy, the most funny etc, but that is to be expected and has always been done.

In regards to once they are evicted, if you haven't seen the behind the scenes of an Eviction which is available on Jump-in. They are put on a buggy up to the auditorium, where Alex (EP) has a chat with them while the house microphone is taken off and the auditorium microphone is put on. This is only a short time of about 2-3mins.

They then have a chat with Sonya Live on stage.

After the show is finished, they have numerous interviews while still in the BB frame of mind. Once these are finished, the Evicted housemate then goes into a Debrief with Alex and the psychologist if needed. Once all this is happened.

That Evening they are put into a Hotel in Surfers for the night, most Evicted housemates go out and party with Crew etc.

The following day they have more Interviews and media commitments.

The have commitments to attend Dreamworld the following week as well.

Once apart of the BB family always apart of the BB Family.

If housemates need counselling or a psychologist, they are available for them.

Hope this answers some of your questions

Yep friend of a friend is a camera man but there must be a major confidentiality clause obviously cause my friend who knows the camera man won't even tell me what they told him :-( but he knows I'm a massive BB fan so maybe that's why...

Yes, all crew be it runners, camera people, editors, even Mike Goldman, all must sign a confidentiality.

I cant go into details but can say its 3 pages long and covers all the important points.

Yes, all crew be it runners, camera people, editors, even Mike Goldman, all must sign a confidentiality.

I cant go into details but can say its 3 pages long and covers all the important points.
That's exactly what my friend said when he replied back to me although he said he couldn't remember if it had an expiration or not. I'm actually surprised he wouldn't tell me anything at all because he's normally a very chatty/gossipy guy. Completely understandable though.

I heard that if there was a controversial issue involving them they were spoken to before the evicton stage interview so that they wouldn't be shocked? That true?

Alex chats with the housemates for a limited 2-3mins before housemates show up on stage. I can't say what he says to the housemates, cause I am not there.

sorry I cant help anymore.

[MENTION=35181]Mrs Butterface[/MENTION], I am aware that staff have been dismissed for leaking information in the past. I am not sure what Legal action SS or CH9 took against them.

But will say this. If you get fired for something like this, trust me, no company/channel will ever employ you, so I guess it's how much do you value your job.

This is a big reason why little information has not been released this year. All staff were given a massive warning with a threat of instant dismissal and pending legal action against them.

[MENTION=35181]Mrs Butterface[/MENTION], I am aware that staff have been dismissed for leaking information in the past. I am not sure what Legal action SS or CH9 took against them.

But will say this. If you get fired for something like this, trust me, no company/channel will ever employ you, so I guess it's how much do you value your job.

This is a big reason why little information has not been released this year. All staff were given a massive warning with a threat of instant dismissal and pending legal action against them.
Yeah it's the same thing as film. As soon as he said he'd had to sign a CA I completely dropped it. I've never violated one no matter how tempted I've been, even when I was offered cash to talk, so I'd never expect or pressure anyone else to do it either. Back home people were sometimes a bit nonchalant but the industry is way too small in Australia to risk it. Thanks for all the info you have been able to provide us though...we totally appreciate it and respect why you can't say more than you have. :)

There was not much editing in my series, all of it was shown cause it was a new format here in Australia.

I don't have an agreement, but the confidentiality I am talking about usually will say Big Brother 2013 Production. which covers PRE, DURING AND POST.

I don't have an agreement, but the confidentiality I am talking about usually will say Big Brother 2013 Production. which covers PRE, DURING AND POST.
Hmmm .... "post" is such an ambiguous term.

Back