Skip to main content

Diverse casting should include conservatives

Diversity on Big Brother should include more than just housemates from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds.

I would like also producers to help facilitate interesting political debate and think that including some politically conservative personalities would be good for this.

Conservatives in their 20's is one group I think is underrepresented and I don't want a cast that only has left-wing or apolitical people!

Political or ideological diversity should be considered with ethnic and cultural diversity.

I don't want a cast that only shows one type of Australian person. I want Big Brother to be inclusive of a diverse range of interesting people with different cultures and political perspectives.

ALLOW CONSERVATIVES ON BIG BROTHER!

Last edited:
Diversity on Big Brother should include more than just housemates from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds.

I would like also producers to help facilitate interesting political debate and think that including some politically conservative personalities would be good for this.

Conservatives in their 20's is one group I think is underrepresented and I don't want a cast that only has left-wing or apolitical people!

Political or ideological diversity should be considered with ethnic and cultural diversity.

I don't want a cast that only shows one type of Australian person. I want Big Brother to be inclusive of a diverse range of interesting people with different cultures and political perspectives.

Just say you're racist and go

I think they should grab people off the street, and from public places, anyone who looks interesting - have a chat, and grab 'em

That way you avoid famewhores, and get a few weirdos,different ages etc, what fun

You know there is a rule in law, you can grab people off the street for juries if you run out of the ordinary method, pulling randoms from the electrol roll

The only thing I will say is that the network needs to ensure they uphold their duty of care while housemates are all in an enclosed space that everyone no matter what their political beliefs, religious beliefs, ethics, etc can feel like they can express themselves without feeling in danger in the space they are living in ie that they are not going to be physically attacked by the others they are living with. That is what BB should be about - a wide range of people living together and finding out about how to live with each other. And I assume they must do some sort of psych testing and probity checking of people before they send them into the house?

From the small and very limited snippets of deep or genuine conversation we got from the 9 era, I'm fairly sure I recall that there were conservative points of view within the house. Particularly around the 2013 election where I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) major party leaders made a direct address to housemates via video

from what i remember of bb2014 lawson wasn't a conservative.

as in he didn't believe he should be conserved to the one woman.

Couldn't agree more. Would generate some intresting political conversation.

Couldn't agree more. Would generate some intresting political conversation.

Considering the current revival will be an adaptation of the North American format there will be less of an emphasis on personal conversations. In that sense I can’t see there being as much of a need for this type of casting. That is unless production feel they can get some sort of ongoing storyline out of it.

"Conservatives in their 20s are underrepresented..."

Probably because older Conservatives have made the lives of younger people much more difficult. The dinosaurs will eventually go extinct...

From the small and very limited snippets of deep or genuine conversation we got from the 9 era, I'm fairly sure I recall that there were conservative points of view within the house. Particularly around the 2013 election where I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) major party leaders made a direct address to housemates via video
Yes that's right, the Asian woman who was the English teacher was a huge supporter of the Liberal Party, and from what I remember she was appauled with how poor Tony Abbott's video was... Foreshadowing his Prime Ministership perhaps?

I should also say that I believe this thread was created because the OP is looking for some sort of validation of their unique brand of crazy.

I created this thread to instigate a discussion on people's attitudes towards the thought of politics in Big Brother, and particularly the suggestion that conservatives should be represented.

Despite my short time on this forum, I already seem to have had significant impact. I wonder whether there is aggitation from some members?

I nevertheless think your insinuation that I have a "unique brand of crazy" is unwarranted in this thread as it doesn't contribute valuable content to the discussion.

I would like for you to justify this, as I don't think you have elaborated.

People who don't like my posts or threads should ignore me.

Back