Skip to main content

Deadly Dozen getting too powerful

Sheep

Awesome site donor
Every time a person leaves this stupid power gets more and more powerful - less people to reveal and a lower number needed to get someone into the red zone.

The house points is obviously reducing in a predictable linear pattern (see graph a)
a.
mcAt07K.png

Which means the ratio of total points to the Deadly Dozen is getting lower exponentially (see graph b).
b.
spHVEkW.png

And obviously the name has cemented the points at 12 - so they can't reduce it now.

Also, couldn't you just use it to force a 6-8 person eviction every week?
Unless you know for sure, reveal someone you think is not in the red zone - if you are right keep giving them 1 point until they are even with the bottom person. Repeat with remaining points and someone else.

Thoughts? Did you like my graphs? Would you like to see more graphs?

What are your overall feelings on graphs?

Every time a person leaves this stupid power gets more and more powerful - less people to reveal and a lower number needed to get someone into the red zone.

The house points is obviously reducing in a predictable linear pattern (see graph a)
a.
mcAt07K.png

Which means the ratio of total points to the Deadly Dozen is getting lower exponentially (see graph b).
b.
spHVEkW.png

And obviously the name has cemented the points at 12 - so they can't reduce it now.

Also, couldn't you just use it to force a 6-8 person eviction every week?
Unless you know for sure, reveal someone you think is not in the red zone - if you are right keep giving them 1 point until they are even with the bottom person. Repeat with remaining points and someone else.

Thoughts? Did you like my graphs? Would you like to see more graphs?

What are your overall feelings on graphs?

I was thinking about this the other day!... something else i noticed when watching nominations had me thinking ... When whoever has the power is nominating with these "deadly dozen" and gives a point to someone who is, say, in the blue zone, (but has not yet chosen to reveal a name) does that HM then see on screen how the board changes in the same way we, the viewers do? i.e how one of the bars (representing each HM) moves up the board in relation to the points ... ? If so, couldn't they (whoever has the 12 points) then assume that that particular bar that had moved, belonged to the person they had just nominated ... therefore not ever needing to use a point to reveal that person's name? i guess it depends on how good your memory, but it would again become easier each week as there would be less bars/HM's left on the board.

A+ on the graphs:thumbsup:

I was thinking the same thing last time. They could increase the cost of a "reveal" to two points. But having seen it a few times now, you only should reveal where the people you want to save are, because for people you don't want to save you can give them a point and they reveal where they are on the table through the dynamic update anyway.

Has it been the Deadly Dozen each week? Did they try something else one week or am I reaching senility?

I hate the deadly dozen not only because it's getting more powerful as time goes on and less people are in the game. Mainly because the HOH doesn't seem to be allocated fairly, given that Priya has had it twice, and others not at all. The HOH should be drawn out of a hat, or "won" by the housemates. It's not transparent whatsoever, making it a very effective tool for the producers to essentially save their favourites.

Priya never got a nominations superpower in her first stint as head of house though because there were no nominations.

To be honest, I think people were expecting a big wowser with Priya as head of house again, but solo this time. Except, it was pretty underwhelming, all the way down to her deadly dozen.

In fact, I feel HoH is a pretty ceremonial title because all we see of it is the Sanctuary and the nominations. They're always mentioning having to make tough decisions, but we see none of that most of the time.

Priya and Katie also bought immunity from nominations for the first eviction with the Pairs.
As new HOH Dion and Jason had the double points, and it's been dirty dozen since then.

I was thinking the same thing when Skye was using all of her points for reveals; if the HOH sees what we see, i.e. the housemate bar raising but going back in its place when not given enough points, there is really no need to waste one point to reveal the position of those you want in the red zone. Just give them one nomination point and you'll find out their position. Reveal only those you want to keep safe.

As for the OP, nice graph and I agree that the Dirty Dozen Power will have to be eliminated soon.

You my friend have a bit of time on your hand eh? (Said in nicest possible non-bitchy way)... Well done. I expect pie charts next time though, okay?

Back