Skip to main content

Episode Day 24 (1/10/2014) Intruder Special

I'm really surprised with the reasons housemates are giving for nominations, mainly focusing on strategy. I never thought I'd say this but I agree with Lisa's nomination of Cat, I was feeling the second hand embarrassment when she was dancing in the fish bowl. Hopefully next week BB gives the HOH a different power that what he's given to both Sam and Lawson.

Strategy should have been banned for a reason to evict, the moment they chose to evict Gemma (the supposed weaker player) over Jake (the supposed nicer or stronger player). They conveniently didnt give any thought to strategy then (8-1) and this being a competitive game, therefore they shouldnt be allowed to use strategy as an easy way to nominate someone now, IMO.

I have Brazilian in me and that side of my family don't consider themselves Latino at all- different culture, different language, brazil is of Portuguese heritage.
There's a first time for everything. I'll just point out that Latino/Latin American are 2 different things. Latino is a yank demo label invented to categorise Spanish-speaking citizens (predominantly Mexicans) living in the US for their own demographic surveys and what-not.

Whilst Latin American is a regional/cultural label primarily used to refer to people who live in non-English speaking countries all over North, Central and South America. Like I've said Brazilians that I've met, none of them have expressed any concerns/dislike about being referred to as such. They prefer Brasilero obviously, but have no issues with being considered Lat Am either.

PS
When you used you're personal pic as your avvie SG, looks-wise you immediately reminded me of some of the Brasileras I've met. ;) Glad to know that my intuition was correct. :)

Last edited:
I would say Lisa is definitely jealous of Cat (same age, hotter, smarter.. A midwife not a stripper... Strip club manager.. boobs stay where they're supposed to) and Skye because of the younger age, relatively pretty and got to snog Jake some more.

Telling the intruder "oh um... What's his name? I keep forgetting it.. Oh! Um, Jake.. Yeah I don't have much to do with him"

Bull.shyet.
.....but lisa is better looking than Cat? Why would she be jealous of her looks?
Also, even priya said cats not acting like herself..and i personally thought Cat saying "I just wanna kiss him" about lawson was super immature and really unclassy. Someone who is truly educated and mature would never want to kiss a man who's taken and tell people about it.
I personally dislike cat more than lisa... i think lisa has contributed more to the show unlike that massive bore.
We might not see all of cat's immature behaviours but from what I've seen she definitely acts less than 30, which she isnt.

There's a first time for everything. I'll just point out that Latino/Latin American are 2 different things. Latino is a yank demo label invented to categorise Spanish-speaking citizens (predominantly Mexicans) living in the US for their own demographic surveys and what-not.

Whilst Latin American is a regional/cultural label primarily used to refer to people who live in non-English speaking countries all over North, Central and South America. Like I've said Brazilians that I've met, none of them have expressed any concerns/dislike about being referred as such. They prefer Brasilero obviously, but have no issues with being consider Lat Am either.
I will admit completely, that I don't know enough about my brazilian culture (yeah yeah I know). A lot of my relatives who are 100% Brazilian though, also have many relatives in America, so it would make sense that they don't want to be mixed up with latin American because of said reasons.

Other than the diphthong in about (i.e. aboot, that's the only dead give away I'm aware of) are there any significant discernible differences between American and Canadian accents?

I couldn't discern much of a difference in accents when I was over there, but I found if they were actually nice than they were Canadian more often than not.

:p

Having just watched this on catchup, i think that was quite possibly the worst episode in BB's history. The low point of the show and the season so far was Sonia's "comedy" commentating of Lisa and Leo's conversation. What the f**k was the point of that? BB was supposed to be all about people living in a house together under constant surveillance yet they've taken away the 24hr feed, and now instead of showing what could have given us an insight into how LIsa perceives both herself and the rest of the house, we get a 2 minute rundown of what she sees as everyone's "special talent" and 30 seconds of self delusion about her character???

Nominations are a steaming pile these days too - justification for nominating someone is either non-existant or trivial beyond belief. BB is softer than hot butter with nominations. Crapola.

From the limited vision of activity:
How housemates aren't seeing that Priya is the biggest seed sower in the house is beyond me.
Lisa has no insight whatsoever into who she is and as a result is a complete hypocrite.
I think David is clueless with the social side of the game.
There's just nobody in the house who I give a flying f**k about. They all seem to be devoid of any interesting personality.
I doubt hugely that I'll have any interest in watching much of this season unless something changes dramatically.

I caught up on this ep last night, and after reading some of the forum hate for it, I was expecting the worst ep ever!

I am not sure if it is the exhaustion from all the work I am doing lately, or the 6 pre dinner drinks, but I loved it. My partner who is easily the biggest BB hater of all time, laughed out loud while pretending not to watch it.

I am absolutely loving this series! And that hot Canadian is like the cherry on top of the sundae for me!

So haters, turn those frowns upside down and plug yourselves into a joy socket, or just turn the show off, because to moan in the daily threads, day after day, expressing how the show is rubbish makes as much sense as continuing to eat a shit sandwich while complaining after every bite it tastes like fucking shit! Put the sandwich down if you don't like it!!!!!

Oh @Trala luv where have u been??? I cant cope when you're not around on the forum at night time... :(

I caught up on this ep last night, and after reading some of the forum hate for it, I was expecting the worst ep ever!

I am not sure if it is the exhaustion from all the work I am doing lately, or the 6 pre dinner drinks, but I loved it. My partner who is easily the biggest BB hater of all time, laughed out loud while pretending not to watch it.

I am absolutely loving this series! And that hot Canadian is like the cherry on top of the sundae for me!

So haters, turn those frowns upside down and plug yourselves into a joy socket, or just turn the show off, because to moan in the daily threads, day after day, expressing how the show is rubbish makes as much sense as continuing to eat a shit sandwich while complaining after every bite it tastes like fucking shit! Put the sandwich down if you don't like it!!!!!
Haha!

Love it ;)

Oh @Trala luv where have u been??? I cant cope when you're not around on the forum at night time... :(
Working!!

I am in bed before the show even starts! But not tonight, baby, so slip on something sexy because tonight we dance!!! Xo

Back