Skip to main content

Episode Day 16 (23/09/2014) Live EVICTION #1

What's with all of this bullying bullshit? People, it is a reality Tv game show not high school. When you grow up you meet people in real life who don't like you and you deal with it. Every contestant knows exactly what they are getting themselves in for, and BBAU is not even close to the harshness of some of the other formats around the world. People need to stop reflecting their own insecurities onto other random strangers they have never met. If anything Gemma would have understood the game play more than any of the others because she was playing the game "strategically". She even said on stage that she would have chosen Jake over herself. The awkwardness of the face to face eviction makes for great Tv, even though I am sure it will never happen again..

Just watched the ep.. I've been avoiding this forum so I don't get spoilers!

The opening with the 2 by 2 song reminded me of the theme and feeling they built up and then failed to deliver on. The pre-season atmosphere on this forum was buzzing when that first ad came out and now it's a completely different feel..

Mike constantly looking down at the floor while interviewing the family was embarrassing and extremely off putting - is it really that hard to remember 6 people's names?
Also, have to laugh at Mike's intentional - "what have Jakes friends from BRISBANE been saying?" Or something along those lines. But they had to get Brisbane in there didn't they...
Oh and of course a Tim mention on this show again as well. Move on!

I'm FURIOUS with Lawson giving the 20k to Aisha..
Stupid man! Scissors paper rock would have been more fair, based on chance. I'm curious if this is his strategy to get everyone on side. Looks like it might work

And Jake's face... AWWW!!!

I hate them replaying shit from over a week ago. The gemma/skewiff moment and the 'funny' skye moment.. have you really got nothing new to show?

Lawson is looking exceptionally sexy tonight!

andddddd....
CYA GEMMA!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like this face to face eviction, it seems very humiliating. However in Gemma's case, she did want all the attention on her so she got what she wanted at least.

The second she walks out of the house and the crocodile tears stop.. haha what a joke. (Except for when she's talking about Jake, her one friend)

What a selfish, selfish girl. "I wanted the attention on ME!" She seems very narrow minded and unwilling to accept anybody else or their opinions. Not only am I glad she's out of the house but she seems to be the sort of person I'd choose not to associate with.

And she keeps saying Jake understands her strategy.. I've never seen him say anything like that? Plus her strategy was to "cause conflict" which Jake doesn't do. Is she blind?

PRIZES FOR THE EVICTEES!!!! YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Oh and Sonia.. "come on over! Come on over Gem! " Haha she got stood up. Awkward!

I'm of two minds about Gemma's eviction. Part of me was mesmerised and satisfied to see her stunned reaction to her unpopularity, both within the house and by Australia. It was a triumph of come-uppance for the super bit**. I revelled in her realisation that her 'strategy' had failed miserably. But another, reluctant part of me was surprisingly sad and sympathetic for her as the HMs unanimously voted for Jake. It was almost like watching the fat kid in school not get picked for the football team. But worse than that, some of them subtly rubbed it in by the way they phrased their reason for supporting Jake. I found myself reluctantly admiring Priya for supporting Gemma, even though I've been on the I hate Gemma bandwagon from Day 1. Did anyone else feel Gemma's treatment by the other HMs was a tad bit harsh?

Surely you're joking right? They are splitting the cash, it was obvious by the looks they gave each other.. it's all about the non verbal discussion they had..
Of course they are, that's a given. I'm more upset about the way he is now portrayed. The rest of the HMs don't necessarily know whether they will share the money or not. Plus other viewers may not realise this (have you seen the FB comments?), even though it was obvious since the second they found out about the split, and it portrays Lawson in a different light.

Good point, although the target audience is quite young so they probably missed that. I still think Lawson will win, I am placing money on it now so I get a nice return..
Funny you say that because I just text my husband to tell him I'm going to be spending some money on a bet. Haha. I hope he wins, I think he's quite endearing :)

Yes, I wasn't too sure about Priya when she first entered but now that my favourite is gone and she was the only one who stuck up for her, she is my new favourite!
Ok...I googled sepia bird and storm survival, but ... Nix. I have to ask: who is Sepia Bird? (Who is Not Very Sepia). How did SB survive the storm and which storm?

Yes, I wasn't too sure about Priya when she first entered but now that my favourite is gone and she was the only one who stuck up for her, she is my new favourite!
Ok...I googled sepia bird and storm survival, but ... Nix. I have to ask: who is Sepia Bird? (Who is Not Very Sepia). How did SB survive the storm and which storm?

Did anyone else feel Gemma's treatment by the other HMs was a tad bit harsh?

In a way yes, BUT it seems she treated them like shit. (which we didn't get to see)

During the dinner with Tim & she walked off 'crying' most of them said it was fake tears. (so obviously she did the fake tears several times in the house, which we weren't shown)

Gemma's strategy in the house would have to be the worst ever in the history of BB, not just here the entire world.

I have no doubt that Gemma is a wonderful person, but she overplayed her bad traits. She thought the public would love her for being sfo 'honest'

What she didn't realise is her fellow HM's had the power to vote her out, when they were told that, she knew see was fucked, because she pissed them off big time.

Aisha did not hesitate taking the $20K at all.

I saw some dagger eyes from Priya and Katie. lol.

It's in cheque form so no scabbing this time.

Good point, although the target audience is quite young so they probably missed that. I still think Lawson will win, I am placing money on it now so I get a nice return..
Where are you betting? I just checked CentreBet and BBAU isn't listed

Was anyone surprised that Gemma left? I called it a week ago. I do think that if they were dropping the pairs twist, they could have done this so that Gemma wasn't treated so badly. I do think that the housemates look like a bunch of mean kids now, which isn't going to help them or the shows popularity.
I know I've asked this a million times and no one has the answer, but why did they change the entire format of big brother from last year. I wonder if any big brother show has ever completely changed every aspect of the show in one season? Of course, they realized it didn't work and are now revising as fast as they can.

It's too bad that Gemma is the only housemate to face that cruel eviction process. I agree, too, why weren't the votes secret? And then revealed? In big brother US they go vote individually in the diary room.

I really want to know who designed this season. I don't think they had a clue about big brother Australia. They even screwed up the public vote. Maybe it was an executive at channel 9.who thought they cod improve the show.

Pretty sure it was Tyler Perry's idea.

Oh and I dont know if I am looking too much into this but Aisha went down in my books after tonight. She didn't even flinch when Lawson handed her the $20k, not even one second of a pretend 'r u sure'. I realise she left home at 18....but she didn't get kicked out, she went accross the other side of the world with a footy player. Hardly as bad as Lawson made it out to be.

i loved this

kfzaPRz.gif

Yeah I don't know, I'm not a gambler so I do this for fun but fully expect to lose. So if I think something is a good bet, I'll do it. But never a huge amount. I generally just like doing long shots I think have a chance.

Back