Skip to main content

Episode Day 101 (6/11/13): Grand Final (155m) discussion

I think the thing I find most amusing is when one anonymous faceless nickname bearing forum member attacks another nameless faceless nickname bearing forum member, the screeching of forum outrage can be palpable. The backslappers fly in to console their nameless, faceless nickname bearing friend with words of adoration and retaliate with more insults, and the wordily challenged just chorus ^^THIS to show their support.

Attacking a nameless, faceless, nickname bearing member's anonymous family member is no where near the lowest. In my overblown forum opinion the way housemates have been treated in here in various hate threads is the lowest. Some of the things I have read in here about Heidi, Tully, Tulia, Ben, Ben's mother, Ben's grandmother, Jade, Ed, Ed's brother,Tim, Tim's father, Tahan, Tahan's mother and so on, have been fucking deplorable. They are the real people, sharing their real identities who can log in here at anytime if they want their self esteem shaken by a bunch of anonymous, faceless, nickname bearing forum members. It amuses me that even when some of you take your opinion to twitter and facebook, you are still using secret identities. To me that is far more pathetic than taking a stab at an anonymous posters unknown and unnamed family member.

I have always had far more of an issue with forum members who I physically interact with on a daily basis and actually get to know, than I have the housemates, who I get to see 16 minutes a day.

Attacking a forum members family is the worst indeed.

The difference is that the housemates know what they are signing up for, being in the spotlight and recorded 24/7, criticism and hate has always been apart of the show. No one signs up to this forum expecting their family be insulted.

The difference is that the housemates know what they are signing up for, being in the spotlight and recorded 24/7, criticism and hate has always been apart of the show. No one signs up to this forum expecting their family be insulted.
I have posted almost this exact response in reply to at lease half of dozen of these sorts of posts this season. Truer words were never typed.

So I didn't get the memo about the god damn time change and for some reason my EPG wasn't doing its job correctly and I cut the f-ing thing off halfway through the last Jade and Tim package. Less than impressed I tells ya.

Went to the official page to try and watch it there and the video would load but I don't seem to be able to fast forward through it, each time I try it resets back to a bloody ad!! I will try again after work. I cannot believe I did this to myself!!

Anyway onto a lighter note - big thanks to all the regular posters (and the sites owners), this show really wouldn't be the same without you all :D

So I didn't get the memo about the god damn time change and for some reason my EPG wasn't doing its job correctly and I cut the f-ing thing off halfway through the last Jade and Tim package. Less than impressed I tells ya.

Went to the official page to try and watch it there and the video would load but I don't seem to be able to fast forward through it, each time I try it resets back to a bloody ad!! I will try again after work. I cannot believe I did this to myself!!

Anyway onto a lighter note - big thanks to all the regular posters (and the sites owners), this show really wouldn't be the same without you all :D

Probably up on Youtube to watch by now. Wouldn't bother with the official website, the video player is terrible.

That may be true for the housemates, but they didn't sign up for the sledging we see in here of their loved ones, but I digress. I believe if you are going to give it, like I have seen too many people do in this forum, including myself. Don't collapse into a weeping mess and dislodge your reporting finger trying to alert mods when you get in back in spades.

I have posted almost this exact response in reply to at lease half of dozen of these sorts of posts this season. Truer words were never typed.

Truer words never typed?

That sounded more like a weak arsed cop out to me.

So what you are saying is, people in here can say what they like about the housemates and their families who are real people and sharing their real identities, but if you dare to disrespect or unfairly abuse an anonymous forum member, using and anonymous nick name and a downloaded avatar - that's taking it too far!!!!

This is exactly what is wrong with the interweb.

Truer words never typed?

That sounded more like a weak arsed cop out to me.

So what you are saying is, people in here can say what they like about the housemates and their families who are real people and sharing their real identities, but if you dare to disrespect or unfairly abuse an anonymous forum member, using and anonymous nick name and a downloaded avatar - that's taking it too far!!!!

This is exactly what is wrong with the interweb.
Yep that's exactly what I'm saying. They are fair game. Sorry. That's the truth. I don't go for the repeated horrible attacks on looks, families, etc, and you know that. But the fame whores throw themselves on TV to be perved at and judged for their actions.

But if someone is going to say something personal about a poster because they don't like something they fucking typed on a forum, which happened to me last year, that is indeed going too far.

So "weak assed cop out" or not, that's my opinion.

That may be true for the housemates, but they didn't sign up for the sledging we see in here of their loved ones, but I digress. I believe if you are going to give it, like I have seen too many people do in this forum, including myself. Don't collapse into a weeping mess and dislodge your reporting finger trying to alert mods when you get in back in spades.

For the record I didn't report anyone. I agree you have to take it if you're going to give it, I like honesty and free speech no matter how harsh. But insulting someones family was a low blow, especially over something as silly as a winner on a reality TV show. Just as you reserve the right to resort to lame low blows, I reserve the right to call you a wanker.

Always thought Mikk was a very pretty girl..
Yeah mikkayla always was and she was among the best dressed, Heidi....on the other hand...
Yep that's exactly what I'm saying. They are fair game. Sorry. That's the truth. I don't go for the repeated horrible attacks on looks, families, etc, and you know that. But the fame whores throw themselves on TV to be perved at and judged for their actions.

But if someone is going to say something personal about a poster because they don't like something they fucking typed on a forum, which happened to me last year, that is indeed going too far.

*backslaps*

For the record I didn't report anyone. I agree you have to take it if you're going to give it, I like honesty and free speech no matter how harsh. But insulting someones family was a low blow, especially over something as silly as a winner on a reality TV show. Just as you reserve the right to resort to lame low blows, I reserve the right to call you a wanker.

I am a huge fan of free speech myself. And anyone who has taken any notice of my posts will see they are usually followed by a good dose of abuse from members in here. The first "mention" I received this morning was calling me a **** or a slut or something along those lines. I have been told to fuck off and die, that I am an embarrassment to women, a slut, whore, bully, blah blah, I have no friends, that my son should be in protective custody and at the end of the day, I truly feel the fuckwits spraying me with their retarded hate because they haven't got the brains to communicate effectively have the right of their misspelled poorly articulated reply.

If we are going to have free speech, particularly in a forum where identity is protected, don't scream outrage when the blows start getting low.

Oh and I didn't think for a second you reported anyone, I was talking in general. And you absolutely do have the right to call me a wanker, but in all fairness, when you have lived through some of my forum insults, wanker is almost a term of endearment. Ha!

I am a huge fan of free speech myself. And anyone who has taken any notice of my posts will see they are usually followed by a good dose of abuse from members in here. The first "mention" I received this morning was calling me a **** or a slut or something along those lines. I have been told to fuck off and die, that I am an embarrassment to women, a slut, whore, bully, blah blah, I have no friends, that my son should be in protective custody and at the end of the day, I truly feel the fuckwits spraying me with their retarded hate because they haven't got the brains to communicate effectively have the right of their misspelled poorly articulated reply.

If we are going to have free speech, particularly in a forum where identity is protected, don't scream outrage when the blows start getting low.

Oh and I didn't think for a second you reported anyone, I was talking in general. And you absolutely do have the right to call me a wanker, but in all fairness, when you have lived through some of my forum insults, wanker is almost a term of endearment. Ha!

And on some level I agree. I just think resorting to insulting family is pretty weak, it says more about yourself than the person you're attacking. At least come up with something original and witty, not a lame low blow that any brain dead idiot could come up with.

Also when I say "you" I'm talking in general too, don't think I was calling you a wanker.

They aren't "fair game" though. Fair game would have you standing behind the words you say by using your real name. That is fair. If you are going to make up a nickname, and say things you would not dare say if it was your actual name under your posts, that does not make the game fair.

I am not for a minute saying you do that, but people in here say horrible things, that they would never dare say if they were in any way accountable.

To me that is weak as piss, particularly when you cry in outrage when someone says something completely out of line and inappropriate to you.

The housemates are people, real people, they have family, friends and colleagues who can be impacted by words that are sprayed all over this forum. I was just reading some dumbarse this morning calling Tahan a piece of shit, how do you think her little sister would feel if she googled her sisters name and was linked to this site? I am simply saying, if people in here can spray such vitriol at the housemate, don't piss and moan when your turn comes. The thing with free speech, you and I don't get to decide what should be censored or off limits. Fuckheads get a say too.

I just think resorting to insulting family is pretty weak, it says more about yourself than the person you're attacking. At least come up with something original and witty, not a lame low blow that any brain dead idiot could come up with.

Also when I say "you" I'm talking in general too, don't think I was calling you a wanker.

I agree with you.

Fuckheads post among us. The secret is to outwit them, and if they are truly a fuckhead, it's never that hard.

Why are all my favourite posters arguing?

I don't like it.

Please kiss and makeout.

:D

Healthy discussion and debate is always a good thing, baby.

I find it is usually through these back and forth chats I learn the most.

Back