Skip to main content

Davina hosts BBUK: Best Episodes Ever from 14 June

It's the first time actually since the initial concept was revealed that I've seen that logo and thought it looked good. Not been a fan of how some countries (Poland, Portugal) have used it and don't think it really works in a patterned design.

It's the first time actually since the initial concept was revealed that I've seen that logo and thought it looked good. Not been a fan of how some countries (Poland, Portugal) have used it and don't think it really works in a patterned design.

As a generic placeholder it’s a perfectly fine logo... If this were any other series my expectations would be much higher.

This is awesome. Gonna have to find a way to watch. Take me back to 2006!

A press pack has been released with interviews with Davina, Rylan, BB1 winner Craig and to come Marcus Bentley.

Also confirmed from various HMs on Twitter that they'll feature on the show too.

The first week episodes have been confirmed, and they're a bit more random than I thought they'd be, which is good actually.

Sunday: BB1 - Nasty Nick exposed
Monday: CBB4 - Chantelle's secret mission (she entered Celebrity Big Brother as a non-celebrity having to pretend she was a celebrity)
Tuesday: BB7 - "Who is she" - she's Nikki Grahame reacting to a newcomer
Wednesday: CBB6 - Ulrika and Verne find Endless Love. That's a surprising choice, but makes it intriguing
Thursday: CBB3 - Yeah, Jackie. The ex-Mother in Law twist

C4 are really pushing this, even more so than C5 pushed the regular series over the last few years. Not only is it being advertised quite heavily on their own channels they've also purchased airtime in high rating programmes on other channels whilst there are interviews with Davina, Rylan and ex-housemates cropping up everywhere. I've really not seen Big Brother pushed this month since it's initial move to C5. For a series they supposedly have no interest in reviving it is getting a lot of promotion.

Maybe potentially ch 4's been given a pitch for the format, it looks like they're retesting the waters again and the amount of promotion it's been given seems odd for a show that they have no interest in reviving as Brekkie said. I remember reading that endemol is trying to refresh the brand, hence attempting the new format here and they'd be interested in trying it elsewhere if it worked. If it turns into a major success here, they could even potentially look at doing it over in the UK?? imo, it wouldn't work there but who knows what execs are plotting.

OK, the first episode has aired. Whether people who didn't see it originally will get the moment I don't know as it seems all a bit ridiculous looking back, but it was the moment that made the show what it became over the next 20 years.

It's not quite as pure a view as digging out the episode from the original airing and watching it as it was thanks to extra ad breaks and the removal of the original titles/break bumpers, but it is very nice getting Davina's input throughout and catching up with some of the housemates too and it seems to have gone down a treat.

The first week episodes have been confirmed, and they're a bit more random than I thought they'd be, which is good actually.

Sunday: BB1 - Nasty Nick exposed
Monday: CBB4 - Chantelle's secret mission (she entered Celebrity Big Brother as a non-celebrity having to pretend she was a celebrity)
Tuesday: BB7 - "Who is she" - she's Nikki Grahame reacting to a newcomer
Wednesday: CBB6 - Ulrika and Verne find Endless Love. That's a surprising choice, but makes it intriguing
Thursday: CBB3 - Yeah, Jackie. The ex-Mother in Law twist

All the clips from the previews are taken from the same seven episodes, four of which are among this set. That'd suggest three of the episodes next week are Alison Hammond breaking the table in BB3, the George Galloway cat task from CBB4, and Ivana Trump's arrival in CBB7. I'd also be shocked if they didn't include Fight Night or the box task.

I think the George Galloway cat task features as part of the Chantelle episode being screened tonight. A CBB7 ep is even more surprising than a CBB6 one, both of which I feel are bumping out better civilian episodes. I think the Box Task is almost certain but wonder if they might go for something a bit lighter for BB5 - the Wedding Task would be a good choice.

Tonight's episode is the CBB4 talent show shopping task (presumably with a disclaimer about Barrymore's Hitler impression, given what happened with Lewis in BB19). That'd mean the cat task, which was a few days later as part of the second shopping task, is next week.

I imagine the CBB7 thing is mostly because of the Commander in Cheeto, but I don't object to it. It's a good episode, and assuming they want to highlight as many different C4 seasons as possible it makes sense. Like... they can't do the CBB1 Vanessa meltdown because the contracts for that season were different and Jack Dee won't clear his footage for use (and presumably CBB2 would have a similar situation with Sue Perkins, but there's also no good episode to use there), they won't touch CBB5's racism, Teen and Hijack were both E4 only, BB4 is BB4, and we're assuming the unknown episodes include BB5 and BB6 in some capacity. That leaves BBs 2 and 8-11, CBB7, and Ultimate. 2's only top-tier highlights moment is Bubble racking himself on the table, 9 and 10 have decent moments but not really any great whole episodes, 11 is choked by the Josie/John James stuff (and given how toxic Love Island is at the moment, they probably won't want a John James episode), and anything you would want from Ultimate is done better elsewhere. That basically only leaves CBB7 (a season people generally liked) and BB8 (a season people generally didn't) to choose from.

Back