Skip to main content

Charmed

rachael92

I have been re-watching some episodes of Charmed lately (again). It's such a great show that I watched from a very young age!

Any other fans here? Care to discuss? :)

I remember as a kid my sister and I would play charmed I was always phoebe and my sister was Prue. Sadly my bother didn't want to play so we never had a piper.

I've seen every season except the last one with Penny from TBBT.

I remember as a kid my sister and I would play charmed I was always phoebe and my sister was Prue. Sadly my bother didn't want to play so we never had a piper.

I've seen every season except the last one with Penny from TBBT.

Aww I love Piper haha (favourite for sure)

Don't bother with the last season unless you just watch the first half. Although the finale is good (in a way) but you won't have a clue what's going on.

Used to watch it every week when it was on Ten; sadly I don't think I've ever seen the final seasons though you've sparked my curiosity and I might end up downloading them :D

i cant remember if ive seen the last season or not, but i got back into it recently and it really is so good. phoebe and cole are probably my favourite romance ever hahah

i cant remember if ive seen the last season or not, but i got back into it recently and it really is so good. phoebe and cole are probably my favourite romance ever hahah

haha amen to that. Piper and Leo are pretty equal to that as well :)

I never really liked any of the other romances, except phoebe's in the last season (very short lived, but dragged me in). I don't want to say anything more if you haven't seen it :p

actually no, 'short lived' is the wrong term...more like 'rushed' but it lasted in the end

Okay, I have an admission to make...

Charmed will forever hold a very, very special place in my life.

When I was younger I was always into supernatural shows and magic so that's probably what initially drew my attraction for Charmed, but I have never been as invested or into a television show as I was with Charmed. To give a little bit of backstory, when I was 9 years-old my parents divorced and we had to stay at my grandparents house for a little while. On one of those nights, I inadvertently caught the season 3 finale episode of Charmed (Shannen Doherty's final episode, and one that would eventually go on to become one of my favourite episodes ever) and I was instantly hooked to the show. Knowing that the show wasn't to return for at least another year after that, I immediately started researching the series and within just a few weeks I had already worked out who my favourite characters were (Piper btw) and (also having quite an imagination) I had already started "role-playing" the Charmed universe in my head over and over as if it were a reality. In hindsight, I do believe the show played some form of role in my coping with my parents' divorce at the time too.

Once season 4 started airing here in Australia, this little show called Charmed had become a huge part of my life. In the five years to follow, I am not kidding you when I say that I more or less lived and breathed all things Charmed non-stop. I guess when we are young we all often find ourselves "obsessing" over different fads or pop culture (maybe something similar to the likes of Beatle Mania... Bieber Fever... 1Direction...) and I will self-confess that Charmed was certainly an obsession of mine. It was what everybody knew me for growing up. I, like others, also used to "play Charmed" at recess with friends at primary school (I was always Piper of-course :rolleyes:) and, even to this day, nothing can compare with how much I loved this show.

I know it sounds a little silly, but it was the one show I just... loved.

I can go on about the hundreds and hundreds of various merchandise I collected over the years, or that I own the entire series four times on DVD in four different packagings (don't think I'm weird :p), but that's not the point. The show itself is incredibly underrated in general and, unlike other shows at the time (namely Buffy) it sadly never received the recognition it deserved. I will be the first to admit that it did have its flaws as the series progressed and Brad Kern (the executive producer who took over the show after Constance M. Burge and Shannen Doherty left) is a complete and utter fucktard who singlehandedly destroyed the original concept of Charmed (I'm sorry, but he did), but I still followed it right to the end. It garnered a cult following worldwide and, still to this day (as this thread proves), it obviously still attracts a whole new generation of audiences over and over, which is what is so special about it I think.

(Don't even get me started on the recent news regarding a "reboot" though...:mad:)

Regardless of that, this year in July I was fortunate enough to finally have the opportunity to personally meet Holly Marie Combs, Shannen Doherty and Brian Krause (Piper, Prue and Leo respectively) when they were in Australia. For nearly 15 years I had grown up with, looked up to, loved and adored these three actors and the characters that they portrayed in this show, which basically raised me all the way through both primary and high school and one that taught me a lot. To sum up, it might sound silly but I can't even begin to explain what Charmed meant to me for years and the big part it played in my life - it was the show that I was able to turn to "escape" reality; everything from my parents' divorce, to moving schools, struggling with coming to terms with my sexuality... it was there for me through it all. And this year I finally got to thank three of those people that spent every single week for eight years being there for me, even if they never knew it, and they couldn't have been more awesome in person. :eek:

I always say that no one will fully understand what Charmed did for me growing up and, while I may not watch it regularly right now or am as "obsessed" as I was back then, it's still for that reason that Charmed will always hold an important significance in my life. :) It's so good to see other people still enjoying it!

Okay, I have an admission to make...

Charmed will forever hold a very, very special place in my life.

When I was younger I was always into supernatural shows and magic so that's probably what initially drew my attraction for Charmed, but I have never been as invested or into a television show as I was with Charmed. To give a little bit of backstory, when I was 9 years-old my parents divorced and we had to stay at my grandparents house for a little while. On one of those nights, I inadvertently caught the season 3 finale episode of Charmed (Shannen Doherty's final episode, and one that would eventually go on to become one of my favourite episodes ever) and I was instantly hooked to the show. Knowing that the show wasn't to return for at least another year after that, I immediately started researching the series and within just a few weeks I had already worked out who my favourite characters were (Piper btw) and (also having quite an imagination) I had already started "role-playing" the Charmed universe in my head over and over as if it were a reality. In hindsight, I do believe the show played some form of role in my coping with my parents' divorce at the time too.

Once season 4 started airing here in Australia, this little show called Charmed had become a huge part of my life. In the five years to follow, I am not kidding you when I say that I more or less lived and breathed all things Charmed non-stop. I guess when we are young we all often find ourselves "obsessing" over different fads or pop culture (maybe something similar to the likes of Beatle Mania... Bieber Fever... 1Direction...) and I will self-confess that Charmed was certainly an obsession of mine. It was what everybody knew me for growing up. I, like others, also used to "play Charmed" at recess with friends at primary school (I was always Piper of-course :rolleyes:) and, even to this day, nothing can compare with how much I loved this show.

I know it sounds a little silly, but it was the one show I just... loved.

I can go on about the hundreds and hundreds of various merchandise I collected over the years, or that I own the entire series four times on DVD in four different packagings (don't think I'm weird :p), but that's not the point. The show itself is incredibly underrated in general and, unlike other shows at the time (namely Buffy) it sadly never received the recognition it deserved. I will be the first to admit that it did have its flaws as the series progressed and Brad Kern (the executive producer who took over the show after Constance M. Burge and Shannen Doherty left) is a complete and utter fucktard who singlehandedly destroyed the original concept of Charmed (I'm sorry, but he did), but I still followed it right to the end. It garnered a cult following worldwide and, still to this day (as this thread proves), it obviously still attracts a whole new generation of audiences over and over, which is what is so special about it I think.

(Don't even get me started on the recent news regarding a "reboot" though...:mad:)

Regardless of that, this year in July I was fortunate enough to finally have the opportunity to personally meet Holly Marie Combs, Shannen Doherty and Brian Krause (Piper, Prue and Leo respectively) when they were in Australia. For nearly 15 years I had grown up with, looked up to, loved and adored these three actors and the characters that they portrayed in this show, which basically raised me all the way through both primary and high school and one that taught me a lot. To sum up, it might sound silly but I can't even begin to explain what Charmed meant to me for years and the big part it played in my life - it was the show that I was able to turn to "escape" reality; everything from my parents' divorce, to moving schools, struggling with coming to terms with my sexuality... it was there for me through it all. And this year I finally got to thank three of those people that spent every single week for eight years being there for me, even if they never knew it, and they couldn't have been more awesome in person. :eek:

I always say that no one will fully understand what Charmed did for me growing up and, while I may not watch it regularly right now or am as "obsessed" as I was back then, it's still for that reason that Charmed will always hold an important significance in my life. :) It's so good to see other people still enjoying it!

I bow down to you haha. Great post, thanks for making the effort to write it!

I can't remember when I started watching the show, but I remember that I was very young and watched the early seasons when I was young as well. I remember watching season 3 as it aired (2000 I think, which would've made me eight, yikes).

Btw Piper was always my favourite too, closely followed by Pheobe. Since I was young charmed has always been with me and I still love it soooo much! I know things got butchered towards the end (as you mentioned) but my love for it never really went away :). The middle of the series (S4-S6) have always been my favourite.

Did you own any of the books? Comics? I have some books but never really knew about the comics.

Oh and that bloody re-boot. Seriously? I mean I'll have to watch at least a bit of it, but if it sucks, I refuse to watch any more!

I've been watching some episodes recently. I go through phases haha. It's so hard to decide which ones to watch. I never watch them all in order, unless I skip some episodes. Yesterday it was literally all I did, I just sat there and watched charmed all day. It was great :D

Mostly ones from season 8, 7 & then I jumped back to season 1.

Last edited:
how soon is now ?

Woz a big fan of old buck tooth Doherty (sigh !) and didn't think the red-head was all that bad (until I heard she was the kind of girl who would shack up with Manson).

Kinda went off the show when it went into "PP" (Pussy Power) mode and every male, whether they be a white-lighter or a demon, always came second to night-club running, "what shall I wear next" vacuous females.

Oh hell, I might as well admit it. I basically went off the show the moment Shannon left.

Anyhoo, the theme song is still a favorite of mine ... so here are a couple of interesting covers of that The Smiths classic

[youtubevid]JPDkH0ROKII[/youtubevid]

... and speaking of "PP" (and just for our [MENTION=11846]Sorceress[/MENTION]. Like looking in a mirror, eh ? :D), t.A.T.U. :D

[youtubevid]ZA9ljfYRvPk[/youtubevid]

regarDS

Last edited:
haha amen to that. Piper and Leo are pretty equal to that as well :)

I never really liked any of the other romances, except phoebe's in the last season (very short lived, but dragged me in). I don't want to say anything more if you haven't seen it :p

actually no, 'short lived' is the wrong term...more like 'rushed' but it lasted in the end

Yes piper and Leo just Nawhhh. I remember crying so much over phoebe losing cole, but then he was back but she didnt want him! I was just ahhh be together damnit haha! Paige has actually been my fave! I love rose!

@the_Theorist I can totally relate to your story and im so happy for you that you got to meet them and thank them! How brilliant! People tend to think its weird getting attached to a tv show but sometimes we just need an escape when real life is going badly and some shows just come around at the right time and I personally see nothing wrong at all with it! I did it with BB this year and I've copped so much shit for it so im actually that thankful for you for sharing that story, makes me feel much better that other people do it/have done it! :) xx

Did you own any of the books? Comics? I have some books but never really knew about the comics.
A bit embarrasing but yeah, I collected every single merchandise you can think of. I have it all stored away in crates in our garage now, but I have everything from the books, the magazines, posters, all the action figures, the Book Of Shadows, cardboard signs they used to advertise the DVD's at Kmart and Sanity when they were first released... it's kinda endless haha...

Oh and that bloody re-boot. Seriously? I mean I'll have to watch at least a bit of it, but if it sucks, I refuse to watch any more!
Well, when the news broke I was actually quite mad about it to be honest.

It upsets me for a couple reasons. Rather than a spin-off, or at least continuing the "universe" that Charmed is set in, by them completely rebooting the franchise it essentially wipes away the entire original series. Fair enough if Charmed was 20+ years old already (like what they've done with things like Hawaii Five-O, etc), but in my opinion Charmed nowhere near warrants a reboot yet. If at all. It's not an old show. It's still "fresh", so to speak (the series finale only aired 7 years ago), not to mention that regular people still watch syndication reruns of it religiously. It's not the right time to do it at all.

I cant say that it will fail or be shit because you should always reserve judgement until you actually see it, but I don't believe it's fair to the original show, nor to its cast. None of the original cast are happy about it either. They've all made comments about it on their Twitters already and they're not impressed by the idea, and I don't believe any of the fans should be either. My personal opinion about it is that they're practically crapping on the faces of what the original series, its cast and especially its fans created in the first place.

Part of me honestly doesn't think that the reboot will eventuate anyway (the current criticism by the original cast and fans certainly won't help the production process) but it's really not fair that they're so willing to literally start the whole show from scratch again. In my view, if they absolutely had to do something, they should at least do a "continuation" of sorts, even if not about the sisters but within the universe itself.

The fact that they want to do a complete remake is what I find really, really insulting. It's also practically unnecessary considering the show purposely provided them with like so many different continuation options with how it ended in the event that a spin-off was to be made, and yet they're not interested in taking up any of them.

Rather than expand on eight whole years worth of storyline foundation that's already existent, they're considering scratching it all and starting again just to make the "new Charmed". No. Just no.

That's my rant over. :p

Woz a big fan of old buck tooth Doherty (sigh !) and didn't think the red-head was all that bad (until I heard she was the kind of girl who would shack up with Manson).
Admittedly, whilst watching the show over the years, Shannen/Prue was always the one character I found myself appealing to the least. I just could never connect with her very much.

However, when I met her with the others this year, I expected to just swoon over Holly/Piper (she rocked my world growing up :p) but I was completely blown away by Shannen. In a good way. They were all nice and lovely to speak to, but Shannen was on a whole other level to be honest. You always hear about her being "Hollywood's bad girl" and stuff but, seriously, she was far from it. She had to be the most down-to-earth, loveliest celeb I've ever met (admittedly she is probably the most famous I've ever met so far) but she spoke to you as if she had known you for ages. One of the nicest people ever.

I was even more blown away when she commented me on Instagram a few days later. :eek:

I just remembered! She, along with Holly and Brian, are coming BACK to Australia again next year I believe. I think to Perth and Adelaide. IT IS WORTH THE MONEY TO MEET THEM. ANY OF YOU, GO DO IT!

I just remembered! She, along with Holly and Brian, are coming BACK to Australia again next year I believe. I think to Perth and Adelaide. IT IS WORTH THE MONEY TO MEET THEM. ANY OF YOU, GO DO IT!

I took LSCP to meet Barbara Eden @ Supernova the other year and I was most amused as to how utterly star-struck she was.

Near to the last minute she was clutching to my arm whispering stuff like "what do I say to her" ... I laughed and suggested she simply thank her for the entertainment and joy she brought to "I Dream Of Jeanie". She did thank her then shyly asked if she could shake her hand which Barbara kindly consented to with a laugh and a twinkle in her eye. Lovely person I reckon. A joy to behold in "I Dream Of ...", and beautiful to observe her patiently address/talk with an audience from on stage now.

idreamof.jpg

All that said, I don't think LSCP would be keen on taking me to meet old knock-kneed buck toothed "Brenda".

You see, LSCP is the jealous type who knows full well how, after meeting me and looking into my eyes and hearing my voice, women of all sorts of ages (especially those closer to my age) and nationalities and cultures want to have for themselves what she has won / done the old "put a ring on it" thang. :D :D

Hi to all The Lurkers, BTW. Did I put you off your dinner ? :D :D

regarDS

[MENTION=19441]the Theorist[/MENTION]

What a great couple of posts. I really agree with what you're saying about Charmed holding such a significant part of your life as well as the anger about the reboot. I feel exactly the same.

I grew up the youngest of 3 girls. We used to pretend we were the charmed ones :p I even remember creating a 'Book of Shadows' and reading the initial spell that gave them their powers in the hopes that we would get powers too. Hahaha. I was 12 or 13 at the time.

I own the entire 8 series on dvd. I didn't get into the comics. I wasn't that sad when Prue died because I actually really liked Paige. Looking back now as an adult, I would say Piper is my favourite. She just kicks ass!

I bawl like a baby EVERY time I watch the final ever episode. Thinking about it makes my heart hurt. I lived and breathed it for so long. I used to run around the house and pretend I was battling a demon or something. I would have conversations with myself as though other people were there - other charmed cast. I probably needed to get tested but I think I'm sane ... I think it was just typical kid stuff. I didn't really mean to go that far into those details there. Haha.

As for Charmed 2.0 - well I would love to see a continuation from Phoebe and Coop's wedding. That would be cool to see them start having kids and dealing with that. Or even shoot it down a little further and have the kids be teenagers. That would be fun. I understand all the cast probably can't return - but I would be ok with them casting others in their place. IF They stayed true to the characters. Plus Rose McGowan has had so much work done that I can't even see her as Paige any more.

Random thoughts. I'm glad some other people on here like it. What are your favourite episodes and characters? As mentioned above I loved all the sisters except Prue - although Prue was a lot easier to handle once she quit Bucklands. I loved Henry :D I'll always have a soft spot for Cole. I wasn't that keen on Leo towards the end - especially with the whole Avatar business. But I liked adult Chris. Grams was pretty fun too.

I really enjoyed Season 5 Episode 5 "Witches in Tights" and Season 3 Episode 18 "Sin Fransico". They were fun episodes :)

What are your thoughts on Billie and Christy? I liked Billie and hated Christy. Haha.

My 21st was Charmed!

See if you could guess who is who...!

155740_455482624531784_1083011028_n.jpg

555126_455483734531673_388185478_n.jpg

559001_455482937865086_1053876190_n.jpg

548889_455483084531738_1595514921_n.jpg

66742_455483167865063_1790791870_n.jpg

541688_455483364531710_1456344085_n.jpg

555815_455483361198377_1043232855_n.jpg

30548_455484137864966_1126326262_n.jpg

11477_455485387864841_529365485_n.jpg

539829_455486964531350_1240963460_n.jpg

Last edited:
Love the show. I have seen it so many times and own the box set. My hubby got it for me because I was always watching the re-runs on tv but he was too late and I had watched through the whole thing again just before I got it lol. I am sure I will make good use of it though. :)

Loved Piper and Leo and was also a fan of Phoebe and Cole. Was not a fan of Pru and also didnt like Page that much either. I liked Chris though and enjoyed those episodes. :) Without spoiling I will say I liked the ending, it was enough for me to accept. I pretty much hate endings to anything I like haha

Back