Skip to main content

Channel 9's idea of a "family friendly" big brother

Jake Young

Logical
Is it just me or is big brother not as "family friendly" the revamped show was meant be at all.
Showing very little fun parts of the show and showing more controversy, arguments and people caring about looks to me doesn't seem like something family's watching the show should look up to.
I think big brother was never intended to be a family show, but a show that showed all the mischief a bunch of random people living together would get up to..
But that's just my opinion.

i dont think its supposed to be a family show so much as a show that wont offend the delicate sensibilities of certain people operating in this great nanny state.

Yes, some people are still finding bullies in the show :roflmao: HMs can't say boo! to someone without being called a bully, it is ridiculous.
Ok it is not Survivor but common, be a little more like the French :roflmao: I am laughing because this year French BB, a girl was thrown out because she grubbed another girl's hair (the Winner's hair) Her boyfriend on the show was also thrown out because he went to her rescue. Ok, I am not asking to see fight or night activities, lol. (I know Australian are more prudish) but a little more, I don't know, more action :D

Last edited:
i dont think its supposed to be a family show so much as a show that wont offend the delicate sensibilities of certain people operating in this great nanny state.

Which has ruined the show for the rest of us. Who are they to tell us what we can or not watch? They would never ever watch Big Brother in the first place.

Wish a network had the balls to put Uncut back on.

Also should mention Network 10 managed to air the adult conversations and nudity in the 2008 season on the panel show "Big Mouth". No controversy of that show whatsoever that year.

Why the hell do we not have a "Big Mouth" adult kind of show now??

Idiots.

Also should mention Network 10 managed to air the adult conversations and nudity in the 2008 season on the panel show "Big Mouth". No controversy of that show whatsoever that year.

Why the hell do we not have a "Big Mouth" adult kind of show now??

Idiots.
Because unfortunately channel 9 doesn't to seem to care as much about big brother as channel 10 did and wont invest the time or money. It has become more as a side project now compared to what it was. Channel 9 is now to invested into the block, milking that show for any penny it's worth. Who ever is running Big Brother now needs a good slap to the face to realise what he's doing to the show.

My mum lets my Brother (6) and my sister (9) stay up until it's done every night. The show isn't what it used to be.

My mum lets my Brother (6) and my sister (9) stay up until it's done every night. The show isn't what it used to be.

And if it were an adult show and they were to hear anything "unsuitable" for their age the blame would rest entirely on your mum and not on the show itself. It's such a simple concept, but it's been baffling everybody for as long as I can remember, and that's essentially why Big Brother can't thrive in this country. Nobody takes responsibility for themselves/their children. It's ridiculous.

Lisa talked about Leo's package (sexual references). And there was brief partial nudity in the shower bits.

In America's standards, this is very PG-13, or M in OZ.

They can't make it higher than M15+ because the work experience kids who do the editing aren't 18 yet.

I cannot stand all those children in the audience with their screaming and their stupid movements trying to be on TV. Not just them but what about their family. It seems there is a competition going on who can scream or laugh the loudest so maybe they can hear themselves later on. I wish they did not let us hear the public at all. Just the live show is enough thank you very much. headbang.gif

We have a show called Utopia which does air quite early but people smoke joints and have sex and still parents let their kids watch. Mainly because they want to watch and do not want to be bothered. Selfish lazy way of raising your kids. But then they complain about stuff because it is not good for their kids. You are the boss so you can turn your TV of. Oops rant over.

Back