Skip to main content

Channel 5 sign another 2 year deal with Endemol UK

Channel 5 have signed up to air Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother for another two years meaning it's up until 2014. The Show will return for it's thirteenth series in May, followed by the tenth Celebrity Big Brother series in August/September 2012.

Channel 5 have today confirmed that they have signed another two year deal with Endemol to the rights to air Big Brother, until 2014

The Series has proven to be a hit with viewers, and Channel 5 has officially confirmed that the show will continue to air until 2014. It has also been official confirmed that Celebrity Big Brother will return for a second run in Summer 2012, after the main series airs.

Big Brother’s Bit On The Side will also return with Emma Willis, and Marcus Bentley will return as Narrator. The Show will also still be presented by Brian Dowling, who started presenting Big Brother from 2011, following the move from Channel 4.

Jeff Ford, Director of Programmes, Channel 5 said: “We’re hugely excited to have secured the return of Big Brother for Channel 5 which will continue to form a key part our programming schedule. The show so far has captivated the energy and vibrancy of the channel and we are looking forward to continuing this successful relationship.”

Nick Samwell-Smith, Creative Director of Initial comments: “We are delighted with the success of Big Brother on Channel 5. The show continues to thrive and I’m thrilled to be renewing our partnership with the channel for another two years.”

Channel 5’s Head of Factual Entertainment, Steve Gowans, will oversee the new series of Big Brother.
The series will continue to be filmed in its original home of Elstree Film Studios, produced by Endemol UK production arm Initial.

http://www.bigbrother247.co.uk/pre-bb-confirmed-channel-5-sign-two-year-big-brother-deal/

This is brilliant news!

There is little to celebrate based on C5's efforts so far. Unfortunately the show is now made by the Daily Star for the Daily Star, rather than by Endemol for the fans of Big Brother.

There is little to celebrate based on C5's efforts so far. Unfortunately the show is now made by the Daily Star for the Daily Star, rather than by Endemol for the fans of Big Brother.

I agree this has been expected for months now and is nothing to write home about.

The worst news of all is they won't axe Brian Dowling - easily the worst Big Brother presenter I've ever seen (and I've seen Kyle Sandilands and Mike Goldman!). If they gave Emma the main job and I guess Alice the BOTS gig things might improve slightly - though only if they see the format as more than putting young attractive C-list wanabees in a house.

The worst news of all is they won't axe Brian Dowling - easily the worst Big Brother presenter I've ever seen (and I've seen Kyle Sandilands and Mike Goldman!). If they gave Emma the main job and I guess Alice the BOTS gig things might improve slightly - though only if they see the format as more than putting young attractive C-list wanabees in a house.

I wonder who at Channel 5 has a hard on for him. Emma was clearly the fan favorite for the main job.

Back