Skip to main content

CHANNEL 10

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
May as well have a thread.....my favourite commercial station is dying....WTF if they disappear!!!!

Is Channel 10 about to switch off? Failing TV network halts trading as shares plummet to just 16cents and billionaire backers refuse to guarantee desperately needed loans
  • Billionaires who helped bail Network Ten out of debt in 2013 won't do it again
  • Lachlan Murdoch and Bruce Gordon will no longer support credit facilities
  • It comes as the company halts trading in its shares after price fell to just 16 cents
  • James Packer, Murdoch and Gordon guaranteed a $200million loan in 2013
  • Loans expire in December, after which the company will be liable for the debts

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hares-plummet-just-16cents.html#ixzz4jqUu0Yog
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Not just viewing, but I have an affection for 10, as tweenagers we hung out there at Nunawading, and they were cool - as teenyboppers, we used to hang there in the cafeteria and watch our idols saturdays, and they never asked us to leave or were mean - so long as we behaved.

...oh my God I hope that this doesn't happen kxk!... ALL of my favourite shows are on Channel 10!... if they go then so does Masterchef/Australian Survivor/I'm Celebrity get me out of here/Have you been paying attention/Shark Tank and yes... even Family Feud... I rarely ever watch any show on either Channels 7 or 9... seriously... I will die a thousand deaths if they do shut it down... and it'll also kill my dream of Channel 10 bringing back Big Brother one day too... I'll be so gutted if this happens... I hope that someone bails them out of this... I really do... cheers.

Losing your sight???

Even just the headlines points exactly that, 10 have been in financial difficulty for a long time
They got a loan 4 years ago....

• James Packer, Murdoch and Gordon guaranteed a $200million loan in 2013
  • Billionaires who helped bail Network Ten out of debt in 2013 won't do it again

...oh my God I hope that this doesn't happen kxk!... ALL of my favourite shows are on Channel 10!... if they go then so does Masterchef/Australian Survivor/I'm Celebrity get me out of here/Have you been paying attention/Shark Tank and yes... even Family Feud... I rarely ever watch any show on either Channels 7 or 9... seriously... I will die a thousand deaths if they do shut it down... and it'll also kill my dream of Channel 10 bringing back Big Brother one day too... I'll be so gutted if this happens... I hope that someone bails them out of this... I really do... cheers.

Me too
Everything I like is on 10, SBS, ABC - I take occasional looks at 7, and less at 9 - I try to avoid in case of footy show adds or Eddie popping up, vomit.

But, I think some of those shows, especially Master Chef, would be produced and packaged and sold to the highest bidder

Well it doesn't matter anyway. Everyone knows that free to air is dying a slow death and there is nothing we can do about it. Reality shows will have to make the leap into streaming services, which I have every confidence they can do.

As a SMH article said, if they go into administration, they will be able to dump some of the expensive content/output deal with US networks, which will help their bottom line immensely. Any every time Ten has been up for grabs, someone has bought them. So I wouldn't worry too much, they will prevail.

Well it doesn't matter anyway. Everyone knows that free to air is dying a slow death and there is nothing we can do about it. Reality shows will have to make the leap into streaming services, which I have every confidence they can do.

Stop making sense reepbot, you're tarnishing your Trump loving image.

Reactions: kxk
Back