Skip to main content

Celebrity Big Brother UK January 2013 (Pre-series)

bbspy

The build up to the new winter series of Celebrity Big Brother UK begun today with the unveiling of the new look eye logo:

cbb11_presenters_full.jpg

Names rumoured to be taking part include Meat Loaf, former UK Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott (although he's denied it) and X Factor contestant Rylan Clark

The build up to the new winter series of Celebrity Big Brother UK begun today with the unveiling of the new look eye logo:

cbb11_presenters_full.jpg

Names rumoured to be taking part include Meat Loaf, former UK Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott (although he's denied it) and X Factor contestant Rylan Clark

I actually really like this version of the eye... I was wondering what they were going to do with the eye given that it was already used for the summer series of CBB... Hopefully the house is just as revamped... I wasn't a fan of the winter series house last year...

So Brian Dowling's wish list for this years show is basically people who are currently on I'm a Celebrity - sounds like even he has realised Celeb BB is pretty pointless now.

So Brian Dowling's wish list for this years show is basically people who are currently on I'm a Celebrity - sounds like even he has realised Celeb BB is pretty pointless now.

Brian Dowling is the worst host and a complete idiot... I'm pretty sure he just likes to hear himself talk because he's just another guy who won BB and if he hadn't been given a lucky break no one would care about him... His wishlists are pretty much just for a bit of attention and are basically irrelevant... He was a decent HM but I doubt he'd know a good HM if one bit him in the ass...

I think in general BB as a format is really pretty pointless now... The format really isn't able to regain the innocence it had in the beginning nor can the UK recapture whatever it gained from BB5... It's become quite petty, formulated, and to the point that fundamental rules are no longer sacred... I think the underlying concept of throwing people into a container and cutting them off from the real world is viable, however the dynamics of the "game" need to be rethought in the same way The X Factor, The Voice, and Pop Idol all evolved out of one another and are similar yet fundamentally different... The BB name is soiled in so many ways and the more changes that are brought in under that banner the more it really seems to isolate fans...

BBUS is the only show in the format that seems to be holding it's head above water really... But that being said CBS has always been happy with BB being a fairly moderate performer and it was never the phenomenon it was elsewhere... Even Survivor which is essentially the BB of North America despite experiencing a ratings drop seems to be in fairly good shape...

Last edited:
I wish Brian Dowling would kindly eff off so Emma Willis could host the main show and Alice Levine could take over the main hosting of Bit On The Side, that would be ideal :)

It seems everyone outside C5 can see that needs to happen - I do think dropping Brian Dowling is the biggest thing they could do other than restoring the live feed to win back some old viewers, even though he does only front the evictions. Marcus Bentley needs to go too - but even though he ruins every single show I don't think his presence is as much of an issue as Brian Dowlings.

We have a confirmed launch date - Thursday 3rd January at 9pm

Limited live streaming back too - 30 minutes on Friday 4th

Interesting that they've canned the open auditions for the summer series and are now openly recruiting HM's or via online application... That being said as many HM's are already selected from a pool of previous applicants or via previous recruiting practices I'm doubtful it will have any impact on the diversity of HM's... That is unless C5 have actually decided to alter the direction they wish to take the show...

I don't think it's a bad thing - contestants need to be a bit more creative with an application video than just showing up to an open audition and telling producers what they think they want to here.

Sneak peak at the house:

[video=youtube;swK2IAta4Hg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swK2IAta4Hg[/video]

Looks pretty unchanged from the last series although the bathroom seems to have been converted into a loungeroom from what I can tell

I just saw pics on FB, exactly same house different colour scheme. The round thing in the garden looks like what is shown above in the video.

Some more rumoured housemates:

- Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt (American reality TV stars, MTV's The Hills) - reports suggest they'll enter as one housemate
- Ryan Moloney (Toadie in Neighbours) - Neighbours is screened on Channel 5 in the UK so they'd be interested in getting him in
- Various other UK soap stars: Gillian Taylforth (Eastenders/Footballer's Wives), Sam Robertson (Coronation Street), Tricia Penrose (Heartbeat)
- Paula Hamilton (model)
- Jim Davidson (70's comedian, once shamed for labelling Brian Dowling a 'shirtlifter' and a 'poof')
- Frankie Dettori (racing jockey)

...and Lindsay Lohan, the notorious Hollywood actress. Seems she's rumoured every year, but this time it's more likely than ever - she owes hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax bills, and she arrived in the UK yesterday...

Back