Skip to main content

Celebrity Big Brother tipped for later this year

I have it on good authority that some younger giraffes don't drink tea but instead like ice tea. The consequences of which is that they like to hang from the chandeliers. :eek:

True story. :whistling:

Well hopefully we will see more of those ice tea drinking chandalier hanging younger giraffes in the big brother house.

Ratings goldmine.

This is what's wrong with us.
Some online communities would rally behind the show, start a social media campaign, try everything they could to get the show back on the air.

Us? Fuck it, we're gonna imagine what it's like if Giraffes were in the Big Brother house.

Some online communities would rally behind the show, start a social media campaign, try everything they could to get the show back on the air.

Us? Fuck it, we're gonna imagine what it's like if Giraffes were in the Big Brother house.
As they say;

"You can't fight Australian FTA Networks" - unless you hack OzTam ;)

Agreed, I would like to have a real Big Brother this year so I can the giraffes on my tv screen.

TV Tonight is also reporting that Nine may be looking into Celeb Apprentice instead of CBB

There is speculation today that Nine is pursuing Celebrity Apprentice for later in the year, which would put an end to previous rumours of a Celebrity Big Brother revival.

Either way, it looks very likely that one will be moving into Nine’s schedule later in the year with interest in renovation shows on the wane.

News Corp reports multiple sources are indicating the return of Celebrity Apprentice “as early as September” with a briefer return for The Block.

While Big Brother is produced by Endemol (soon to become Endemol Shine Australia), FremantleMedia produces Apprentice.

It’s not clear if Mark Bouris, who recently attacked Shark Tank, would return to the board room.

The show hit its heights in 2011 with a cast including Julia Morris, Deni Hines & Pauline Hanson, but the 2013 season was programmed weekly rather than as a stripped format.

Personally I’d be more interested in a non-Celebrity version, where real people are competing for real stakes, but Nine would likely be seeing a Celeb version as less risk-averse.

Endemol, FremantleMedia and Nine all declined to comment.

TV Tonight is also reporting that Nine may be looking into Celeb Apprentice instead of CBB

There is speculation today that Nine is pursuing Celebrity Apprentice for later in the year, which would put an end to previous rumours of a Celebrity Big Brother revival.

Either way, it looks very likely that one will be moving into Nine’s schedule later in the year with interest in renovation shows on the wane.

News Corp reports multiple sources are indicating the return of Celebrity Apprentice “as early as September” with a briefer return for The Block.

While Big Brother is produced by Endemol (soon to become Endemol Shine Australia), FremantleMedia produces Apprentice.

It’s not clear if Mark Bouris, who recently attacked Shark Tank, would return to the board room.

The show hit its heights in 2011 with a cast including Julia Morris, Deni Hines & Pauline Hanson, but the 2013 season was programmed weekly rather than as a stripped format.

Personally I’d be more interested in a non-Celebrity version, where real people are competing for real stakes, but Nine would likely be seeing a Celeb version as less risk-averse.

Endemol, FremantleMedia and Nine all declined to comment.

But what would get more views?

Would probably fumble. Idk it started alright in its last season (2013) starting with some episodes over a million but slowly went downhill to an average [650k - 700k,] similar to big brother. But bold move on them, good luck but I probably won't be watching. :)

I don't get why they see CA as being more viable - it was only two years ago that it flopped hard. It's been 13 years since CBB, so the public are more likely to embrace it as something new - something that won't happen with CA. Anyone that hated CA 2-3 years ago isn't going to tune in again only two years later.

I don't get why they see CA as being more viable - it was only two years ago that it flopped hard. It's been 13 years since CBB, so the public are more likely to embrace it as something new - something that won't happen with CA. Anyone that hated CA 2-3 years ago isn't going to tune in again only two years later.
Well said mate, idk the 'board of directors' of Channel 9 must be run by geriatrics.

Agree. Also practically speaking it would be far easier to get CBB on screen as it doesn't need to be ready until it airs, unlike Celeb Apprentice which would likely have to be filmed completely before it airs - and then likely air over a longer period than Big Brother would.

I think it's because they're not willing to put a lot of effort or money into it, and I imagine by comparison CA would be a lot easier and cheaper to produce. Also I'm sure it's a lot easier to convince a celebrity to be a part of The Apprentice where they're only filmed for part of the day, as opposed to BB where they are filmed for 24 hours.

Also I'm sure it's a lot easier to convince a celebrity to be a part of The Apprentice where they're only filmed for part of the day, as opposed to BB where they are filmed for 24 hours.

That would be a big part of it, I doubt they could get many celebs who would do BB now. It was a very popular show back in 2002, not so much now.

I just heard on the radio (KIIS FM) that Perez Hilton was contacted from Celebrity Big Brother Australia if he wanted to be on the show.
He said that he would if they could pay him enough.

I just heard on the radio (KIIS FM) that Perez Hilton was contacted from Celebrity Big Brother Australia if he wanted to be on the show.
He said that he would if they could pay him enough.
So basically they were going to try recreate CBB15 - since they tried to get Katie Price and Katie Hopkins too... :/

Back