Skip to main content

CBB US - Season 2

Wow there’s definiately a lot more star power on the male side of the house... If I had to chose one person to get behind this season it would be Jonathan Bennett... I follow him on IG seems pretty down to earth, has a great sense of humour, his hair looks sexy pushed back, and is likely a secret super fan...

I also suspect that Mr. Lochte is this years Metta...

Hoping to see the back of Scaramucci and Lohan pretty quick...

You and me both.

1aqgip1pnba21.jpg

Yeah I don’t really know any of these people. Vague name recognition of 5.

I’ve got 7... Scaramucci, Lohan, Bennett, Lawrence, Green, Lochte, and Kaelin... Some I’d say are more “recognizable” than others... As with last year the cast is built to be recogniazable almost exclusively by an American audience... Which I’m sure is one of the reasons it’s not been sold outside of North America...

As a non-American and not a fan of trashy reality TV I think it's a pretty good cast - only take 2-3 people to lift it's star power really. Also think Scaramucci may be far more loose lipped than Omarosa.

Looking at the bios from the answers given about previous HGs they liked I'm not sure we have any secret superfans there - think it might have been Jonathan actually who said Chuck Lidell when asked for his favourite.

As a non-American and not a fan of trashy reality TV I think it's a pretty good cast - only take 2-3 people to lift it's star power really. Also think Scaramucci may be far more loose lipped than Omarosa.

Looking at the bios from the answers given about previous HGs they liked I'm not sure we have any secret superfans there - think it might have been Jonathan actually who said Chuck Lidell when asked for his favourite.

Care to post a link to these bios? For some reason I’m not finding them.

Also interesting that Tom said he liked Cody from BB19... Gotta say I was shocked to see him as part of the cast as he seems to be the kind of person who doesn't just jump in to something unless he's fully committed to it. I'd be very surprised if he also wasn't fan of the show.

Natalie Eva Marie seems to be the most genuine of superfans of the show. Jonathan saying he's a superfan of "Celebrity Big Brother" rather than "Big Brother" suggests to me he's friends with Marissa so watched her season and that's all he knows about it.

I don't think Marissa would have necessarily won last year had the final evictions played out in the usual manner but with the slightly increase cast and no more episodes I imagine they'll leave 5 till finale night again. TBH in that scenario I'd rather they just do a final HoH at the final 5 with a double eviction as the result, leaving a final 3 to face the jury. Indeed with their being 10 evictees this year I wonder if they'll all be on the jury.

Natalie Eva Marie seems to be the most genuine of superfans of the show. Jonathan saying he's a superfan of "Celebrity Big Brother" rather than "Big Brother" suggests to me he's friends with Marissa so watched her season and that's all he knows about it.

I don't think Marissa would have necessarily won last year had the final evictions played out in the usual manner but with the slightly increase cast and no more episodes I imagine they'll leave 5 till finale night again. TBH in that scenario I'd rather they just do a final HoH at the final 5 with a double eviction as the result, leaving a final 3 to face the jury. Indeed with their being 10 evictees this year I wonder if they'll all be on the jury.

At this point it was only speculation about Jonathan... He's a Broadway fan so I wouldn't be surprised if a friendship was the reason for the name drop... That said in my opinion CBB was far superior to any of the more recent summer series in almost every way... Marissa was also a pretty worthy winner in terms of her strategy and game-play...

I agree that had last series played out another round things could have ended differently... I feel like that final eviction kind of went against the spirit of the American format... Hopefully they've learned from the last series and have worked out a better strategy...

Last edited:
As for the jury I wouldn't be shocked if they kept the same format as the previous series... Even in the summer series a butthurt jury is still butthurt... Also without the sequester it doesn't make sense to exclude all HG's from having a vote...

Good they're doing the live feed sneak peaks again, though a shame they're holding back the full launch until episode 2. That might imply an eviction at the end of the "2-night premiere", though I'd have thought they'd want to hold on to all their signings until the third episode at the earliest.

Good they're doing the live feed sneak peaks again, though a shame they're holding back the full launch until episode 2. That might imply an eviction at the end of the "2-night premiere", though I'd have thought they'd want to hold on to all their signings until the third episode at the earliest.

I don't think it matters really... Whomever is the first out really isn't going to be remembered for much anyways... I mean the only thing I remember about Chuck was that he wanted to do the Amazing Race...

Short but sweet first episode details...

Immunity;

HG's were required to work in partners for the first HoH competition of the series... But only 5 teams would compete... The remaining team was given immunity... Kato Kaelin and Natalie Eva Marie are immune.

First Competition Results;

Ryan Lochte and Jonathan Bennett

First twist;

Ryan and Jonanthan will compete head to head... The winner will be the first HoH and the loser will automatically be nominated.

The Road Ahead;

Tomorrow night we find out the results of the first HoH of the series and the first round of nominations... Wednesday HG's will compete for PoV... Friday is our first eviction episode.

Decent enough first episode... While it felt compact there was very little filler and seemed to get right in to the meat and potatoes pretty fast... Can't help but feel like a two hour Sunday premiere would have been more worthwhile than spreading something so minor over two nights... The twist itself isn't bad but really didn't need be stretched over two nights... Considering how back loaded the last series was we could have easily lost our first HM tonight leaving more room as the series progresses... As I said before it really doesn't matter who leaves as they're easily forgotten by the end of the series...

Also am I the only one who thinks the immunity was clearly meant for Scaramucci???

Last edited:
Is 9now not having the same day episode releases now? Awww, that sucks... Was so great watching Celebrity BB Season 1 on 9now :/

Is 9now not having the same day episode releases now? Awww, that sucks... Was so great watching Celebrity BB Season 1 on 9now :/

Always nice to see a legal means of keeping up to date but it really was boomed to fail from the start... If you're interested in watching and ask nicely I'm sure someone here would help you out with an alternative...

We are a dying community and I'd be happy to grow our little circle of US CBB fans... That said just keep the obvious comparisons/criticisms to an absolute minimum... If you're watching please know this version most likely isn't the same BB you may be used to watching...

I mean that in the nicest way possible... We had a great discussion all around last series without trashing one version over another and I'd like to keep it that way...

Last edited:
Always nice to see a legal means of keeping up to date but it really was boomed to fail from the start... If you're interested in watching and ask nicely I'm sure someone here would help you out with an alternative...

We are a dying community and I'd be happy to grow our little circle of US CBB fans... That said just keep the obvious comparisons/criticisms to an absolute minimum... If you're watching please know this version most likely isn't the same BB you may be used to watching...

I mean that in the nicest way possible... We had a great discussion all around last series without trashing one version over another and I'd like to keep it that way...
Oh, you have nothing to worry about. I like BBUS and have been watching since season 16. Though I have yet to see the last 7 episodes of BB20 so please don’t spoil :)

Back