Skip to main content

Can Somebody Explain this graphic for me?

s2art

Glistening Purple Member
This graph looks pretty but tells me nothing all and any ideas, theories conspiracy or other wise welcome!

Attachments

• trends.gif
    trends.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 255
Each area represents how much a person was mentioned.

However, it does not mean that the top (purple) got heaps more mentions than the bottom (orange). The very top line is basically tracking the cumulative mentions for all three people you've selected.

It looks like orange had consistent mentions throughout the selected time period, whilst pink had periods of no mentioning (12/9-20/9), as did purple (14/9, 18/9-20/9).

That's if they're using these graphs correctly, though.

-beardymac, residential Statistical Mathematics student.

Each area represents how much a person was mentioned.

However, it does not mean that the top (purple) got heaps more mentions than the bottom (orange). The very top line is basically tracking the cumulative mentions for all three people you've selected.

It looks like orange had consistent mentions throughout the selected time period, whilst pink had periods of no mentioning (12/9-20/9), as did purple (14/9, 18/9-20/9).

That's if they're using these graphs correctly, though.

-beardymac, residential Statistical Mathematics student.

Thanks for that.

*facepalm*

I never realised I was “selecting” housemates now it makes more sense; kinda. Your explanation is stellar but you’re right there are many variables involved that we know nothing about. Not to mention the l;ack of transparency assumed by cynics like me.

if it's not multiple people, it might be the multiple social media platforms.

Each HM has their own colour, and you can click their name, to see who been mentioned the most on SM and on what days, so you can to compare them on the graph.
I think it might be Katie-purple,Cat-orange and Sam-pale pink

Each HM has their own colour, and you can click their name, to see who been mentioned the most on SM and on what days, so you can to compare them on the graph.
I think it might be Katie-purple,Cat-orange and Sam-pale pink
You are right, but which social media, is the real question?

Back