Skip to main content

Body image

I was OK with Gianna who was quite short. I was OK with Krystal who was not quite as short. I was OK with Susannah who was tall. I'm OK with Jade and Tahan who are middling!

first timer.

I'm a large girl, but not bothered by whoever is cast. What did bug me though was when Mik said she had one pieces and had to go buy bikinis for BB. Surely they could wear whatever they are comfortable in.

first timer.

I'm a large girl, but not bothered by whoever is cast. What did bug me though was when Mik said she had one pieces and had to go buy bikinis for BB. Surely they could wear whatever they are comfortable in.

I think Mikk just meant that she bought them because she was going to try and be more confident with herself in the house.

Welcome, by the way :)

first timer.

Welcome!

I wondered the same thing when I heard mikkayla say that. Surely they aren't given wardrobe lists that insist on bikinis?

And on body image etc in the house... The other night Tim was giving justyyynnnn (ugh hate that name) pointers for getting under eds skin, and one of them was to do with ed putting on weight in the house. Tim was in essence telling justyyynnnn to have a go at ed about his body shape. Imagine if it was one of the female housemates? The internets would explode with indignation! Such a double standard!

I'll just echo what has already been said in this thread and tell people to get over it. The mix in there is fine.

Also, how relevant is it that a female bodybuilder is going into the house? It will be good to see a female hit the gym and I wonder if she will keep a strict diet.

I'll just echo what has already been said in this thread and tell people to get over it. The mix in there is fine.

Also, how relevant is it that a female bodybuilder is going into the house? It will be good to see a female hit the gym and I wonder if she will keep a strict diet.

I guess it depends how long ago she stopped bodybuilding (if she has) because Hayley from BB07 was also a bodybuilder and didn't seem to do heaps of rigorous exercise or watch what she ate.

But Madeline still looks like she's in really great shape.

Some of you have already put things the socially conscious, politically correct way, so I don't have to bother with that. I'm not interested in seeing overweight people on television. Realistic or not, I still consider television fantasy, a means of escape. My fantasy world does not include above average weight people. Hell, my reality for the most part does not include above average weight people. So having more bodies types represented (on a season where we had a Heidi) would be a kind of turnoff. I wouldn't of course. Turn the show off, that is. It's nothing serious. I just really see no need for it. If you want to see larger people on tv, you can watch The Biggest Loser.

Back