Skip to main content

Big Changes in 2016 for BBUK

It would make sense to have a separate outside area for setting up tasks, especially in the summer.

Sadly I don't trust the producers at all anymore and would only see the two houses being used as a way to further manipulate evictions. I'd actually rather see the new house space just used as an eviction studio itself, scrapping the outdoor set and then linking it to the main house via that corridor.

I'm trying not to be too optimistic but some of these changes do sound at least somewhat promising...

Big Brother UK boss Nick Samwell-Smith to leave Endemol

Big Brother UK is facing another major change to its senior production team this year after Nick Samwell-Smith announced that he is leaving Endemol Shine.

Samwell-Smith is the managing director for Initial, the Endemol subsidiary responsible for Big Brother, and was put in charge of the reality format when it moved to Channel 5 in 2011.

However, today it was announced that he will depart the production company in May after working there for almost two decades. He will be replaced as MD by Mirella Breda, Initial’s creative director, whose credits include Big Box Little Box and ITV’s recent revival of Stars In Their Eyes.

“I feel very lucky to have had so many fantastic years at such a great company,” he said. “I want to bow out whilst on a high. I know that Initial’s tradition of creating outstanding entertainment shows will be assured under Mirella’s stewardship.”

It is currently unclear whether Breda, who was previously a BBC entertainment commissioner for hits such as Masterchef and Dragon’s Den, will directly assume Samwell-Smith’s responsibilities as Big Brother’s showrunner.

Samwell-Smith’s exit came after Big Brother creative director Denis O’Connor left the show at the end of last summer’s series. Executive producers Susy Price and Katy Manley were promoted to his role, while they were in turn replaced by Andrew Jackman and Shannon Delwiche.

Endemol is currently awaiting a decision on planning permission to build a major extension to the Big Brother house at Elstree Studios, which would be its biggest revamp since it was built in 2002.

http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb17/news/03...l-shine-uk-ahead-of-2016-series#ixzz42ZDpT7Dc

Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother 'to be merged' in big new twist
Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother are set to become one for a brand new twist to the show this summer.

Rumours began earlier in the week that the new series of Big Brother this year would feature celebs alongside 'regular' housemates.

It's been said that the new house - which will feature a major extension - will be split in two to accommodate the bumper cast.

However details about just how the new hybrid series will work have not been made clear, with the rumours prompting all sorts of questions.

Usually in the summer there will be both a Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother series, but now even this could be in doubt with one 'mega series' replacing both.

A spokesperson for Channel 5 said that they did not comment on rumours or speculation about the new series.

However Bit On The Side's Rylan Clark previously hinted at the big changes to come, saying that this summer's run could essentially be a brand new show.

"It’s all change at Big Brother so it’ll be like starting a new job," he teased last month. "We’ve been ready for a while for that, and I think the public have been ready for that, so I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s reactions on launch night."

He added: "This year, expect something very different.”

Rylan went on to suggest that the changes will mean better viewing for us fans as the housemates won't be able to 'play' the game.

“People know what Big Brother is now, the contestants know what to expect," the former Celebrity Brother champ explained. "This year they won’t, because we’re doing something brand new which they haven’t even thought about!”

However the rumours of celebs invading the main series of Big Brother hasn't been met with too much celebration from long-term fans of the show.

Right now we're going to reserve judgement until we actually know what's going on!

Big Brother is set to begin in May or June on Channel 5.

also:

A source told the [NOW] magazine: "We’re planning on really mixing up the regular series this time by chucking in a load of celebs too and splitting the house up.

"The producers have been approaching people from Gogglebox, TOWIE and Ex On The Beach and have some great names lined up."

The insider also alleged there had already been disagreements behind the scenes over fees, with the celebs set to get paid to take part while the regular housemates will get nothing.

It's pretty clear from the feedback that even the few viewers still watching hate the idea, so given C5's attitude to the fans it's a certainty it'll happen.

so rylan tweeted Eye spy...
and everyone thought there'd be a midnight eye launch but apparently not, still waiting for it

I really like the eye! A nice colour with what appears to be confetti in the foreground. Exciting!

Back