Skip to main content

Big Brother VIP Line up leaked

Wow what a disappointing line up
- Josh Carrol - an absolute nobody riding on the coattails of his mother who hosted Aerobics Oz style in the 90s/00s.
- Luke Toki and Jessika - you’ve had your 5 minutes and don’t even classify as D list.
- Bernard Curry is an interesting choice, he has some form of profile but he’s very vanilla
- Matt Cooper - has been on every other reality show so why not BB. He’ll have some interesting stories as he has a dark past
- Imogen Anthony - mildly interested to see more, but i feel she is too similar to Jessika and will just use BB as a platform to sling insults about Kyle
- no idea who the AFL guy is
- Caitlyn and Thomas are so staged. This is worse than when they brought Terri back to win in 08.

That seems such a poor line up, especially compared to SAS Australia which have had a little bit more star power mixed amongst the nobodies. It's essentially a reality rejects cast from what I can see.

I bet they manufacture a "twist" to ensure Caitlyn Jenner (who to be fair is usually good value) isn't evicted first.

Bit surprised by Luke Toki considering he's doing 'Talking Tribal' for channel 10 every Tuesday after Survivor has finished. I know its the exact same producers who do Survivor or used to. Might be why they added Nick Iadanza to Talking Tribal this season knowing Luke was going on BB VIP.

I bet they manufacture a "twist" to ensure Caitlyn Jenner (who to be fair is usually good value) isn't evicted first.
Actually, not necessarily. I read somewhere she is only contracted to shoot for one week, on top of the two weeks quarantine. This makes sense as she has a tour in the U.S. that kicks off on August 12, so theoretically she’ll likely be out of the country by the end of next week.

It would be interesting to know what the production cycle is planned to be for VIP, and how many episodes will be shot in a week. Either way, the fact several contestants are purely there for ratings purposes and already have “rigged” eviction deadlines says a lot.

Honestly, it’s all such a waste of money by Seven... or not, I guess, depending who you ask.

Also interesting to note the only celeb not seen entering during filming is Omarosa, despite being all but confirmed elsewhere to have arrived in Australia. Perhaps she’ll be an intruder with one or two other local celebs?

I only counted nine so there must surely be a few more - can't see them using less than 12 as I'd have thought they'd want four weeks of episodes (three times a week) out of it.

Actually, not necessarily. I read somewhere she is only contracted to shoot for one week, on top of the two weeks quarantine. This makes sense as she has a tour in the U.S. that kicks off on August 12, so theoretically she’ll likely be out of the country by the end of next week.
That's just as bad. They did that in the US with Anthony Scaramucci stating a week in he was a "fake houseguest" - even though that hadn't been declared upfront. At first it appeared to be a lame story to cover him quitting, but he later revealed he signed up for six days only and the "twist" to cover it was revealed to him 15 minutes before leaving the house.

I wonder with some of the guests being international and not likely to want to hang around in Australia for weeks until the show airs or return and do quarantine again whether they'll be a public vote for the winner, or if they'll either has ex-HMs voting (as in the US) or fudge something so the winner is determined by a competition.

I wonder with some of the guests being international and not likely to want to hang around in Australia for weeks until the show airs or return and do quarantine again whether they'll be a public vote for the winner, or if they'll either has ex-HMs voting (as in the US) or fudge something so the winner is determined by a competition.
It’s also been very unclear what exactly they’re “playing” for...

Wouldn’t surprise me if Sonia reveals the prize is literally just “the title” of being a Big Brother VIP “champion”.

Luke! Yeah, winner
And get David to intrude for some fun
Cast Luke to divert from all the rest....being either an arsehole or a nobody

I’m unsure what people expect from celebrity RTV in Australia, but these complaints are common 🤷🏽‍♂️

I’m SO keen for this.
Josh has some funny social media!
Very happy King of the Jungle is going in
Imogen Anthony will be interesting. I don’t know the Jess girl as I don’t watch MAFS but sounds like she will be good tv. Caitlyn ought to be good TV too. Bring it on!

Last edited:
They should’ve spent more of the Jenner/Hopkins/Omarosa money on getting some genuine Australian celebs. They all seem like D listers at best.

Boo! Honestly, probably would've been smarter having a second pleb season - with the amount we see of all these people on social media, there's very little incentive to tune in - it's not like we'll get more than we get on a standard IG story. It seems like such a bad/forced drama cast, and the best parts of Big Brother (especially this new format) won't stand up if it's being filmed over a really short period of time. That last part is me assuming "VIPs" won't be in there for anywhere near as long as a regular season due to other commitments.

Bit surprised by Luke Toki considering he's doing 'Talking Tribal' for channel 10 every Tuesday after Survivor has finished. I know its the exact same producers who do Survivor or used to. Might be why they added Nick Iadanza to Talking Tribal this season knowing Luke was going on BB VIP.
I would think that the talking tribal series has probably all been prefilmed. Interesting that Like could be on two networks at the same time, although Talking Tribal is a web series only.

They should’ve spent more of the Jenner/Hopkins/Omarosa money on getting some genuine Australian celebs. They all seem like D listers at best.
This is where the UK version faied for me as well, spending not insignificant fees casting Americans who may have been big characters in American reality TV but weren't known at all in the UK. I find it much more interesting watching people who viewers actually know and with the participants having some idea what they're getting in to. For me when you start talking about six figure appearance fees too any uplift in ratings a celebrity version may have over a regular version is pretty much wiped out by the money wasted on fees to attract them.

P.S. TV Tonight's report suggests as well that as I predicted they'll be no live finale.

Back