Skip to main content

Big Brother USA parts ways with long-time casting director

Good, there needs to be some serious changing in the US casting. I’m still going on with my US binge and am up to BB19. I’m at the point now where the houseguests are more than clearly recruits and are each casted to fill a specific character archetype. And it sucks. The vibe is just off and the players are more than unrelatable. I’ve heard it gets worse with BB21 so I’m not really looking forward to it lol. The older series have some fantastic characters who I can relate to and also love watching play the game. So some serious changes need to occur with the caste given how low quality a lot of these modern seasons are.

I'm hoping they bring in the casting director they used for BBOTT... They seem to be getting a lot of praise on Twitter right now and the cast in general appears to be highly favoured by fans. My biggest hope is that BBCAN is next.

The replies to the praise the BBOTT is getting suggests they have indeed taken over responsibility. I suspect though the real reason BBOTT was cast better was due to less interference from CBS execs rather than the different casting producer.

Personally think it's time to recast the Chenbot too - can't be doing with another season of her ending the show as if it's a sermon.

The replies to the praise the BBOTT is getting suggests they have indeed taken over responsibility. I suspect though the real reason BBOTT was cast better was due to less interference from CBS execs rather than the different casting producer.

Personally think it's time to recast the Chenbot too - can't be doing with another season of her ending the show as if it's a sermon.
Personally I think it’s time to recast the decision makers behind this show... Allison has been with the show since season 2 and Don Wollman was a carry over from season 1. It’s time for someone else to take over and breath some new life in to this format.

Back