Skip to main content

Big Brother US Season 2012- Potential ideas?

That is the problem I guess - it's produced under licence by a relatively small company with relatively few personnel, unlike in the UK where they can pull talent in from various Endemol subsidaries and from within C4 itself.

They have quite a few freelance producers on staff.

Honestly for the most part I could enjoy the consistent format a lot better if they actually cast the show in a different way. I think more than Queen Grodner I'd rather see Robin Kass get the boot.

That's actually a good point. Why do they always insist on the ultracamp gay guy and the pretty blonde dimwit and the all-American jock? (Then again, the likely replacement would be Lynne Spillman, who has pretty much singlehandedly destroyed both Survivor and The Amazing Race with poor decisions, and who made the dreadful decisions for the first season's cast.)

The other thing that's really necessary at this point is to remodel the house. What changes have they actually made (inside) in the show's history? Just moving the bathroom and adding the two extra bedrooms for season 2 and adding the upstairs section for season 6, right? Aside from that, it's still the same horrible house plan from the first season.

They have quite a few freelance producers on staff.

That's actually a good point. Why do they always insist on the ultracamp gay guy and the pretty blonde dimwit and the all-American jock? (Then again, the likely replacement would be Lynne Spillman, who has pretty much singlehandedly destroyed both Survivor and The Amazing Race with poor decisions, and who made the dreadful decisions for the first season's cast.)

The other thing that's really necessary at this point is to remodel the house. What changes have they actually made (inside) in the show's history? Just moving the bathroom and adding the two extra bedrooms for season 2 and adding the upstairs section for season 6, right? Aside from that, it's still the same horrible house plan from the first season.

Robin Kass usually picks people she wants to be friends with and hang out after the show... I doubt they'd replace Robin with someone from Survivor as they pretty much try and downplay any comparisons between the two shows. That aside Survivor's contestants are usually more diverse than BB.

As for the remodeling of the house I agree a change would be nice but the only way anything could be potentially changed is if CBS decided to knock down the sound stage where the current house is located. Even when that happened the last time they essentially rehashed the same floor plan. While a new house would be nice I don't mind the consistent floor plan as long as the OTT designs continue. BB6 and BB-Allstars designs were horrible they got better when Allison took over.

I think in reality it would be nice if features in the house became part of the game again like in BB6. The fortune teller could have made an interesting twist last season.

Robin Kass usually picks people she wants to be friends with and hang out after the show... I doubt they'd replace Robin with someone from Survivor as they pretty much try and downplay any comparisons between the two shows. That aside Survivor's contestants are usually more diverse than BB.

As for the remodeling of the house I agree a change would be nice but the only way anything could be potentially changed is if CBS decided to knock down the sound stage where the current house is located. Even when that happened the last time they essentially rehashed the same floor plan. While a new house would be nice I don't mind the consistent floor plan as long as the OTT designs continue. BB6 and BB-Allstars designs were horrible they got better when Allison took over.

I think in reality it would be nice if features in the house became part of the game again like in BB6. The fortune teller could have made an interesting twist last season.

At the very least, they could start having more of the quiz challenges in the house. Aside from the final "guess what the jury said" challenge they do every year, when was the last time a challenge involved the house itself? I can't remember one since All-Stars.

Edit: The "is this a real news story?" quiz from BB10 had the housemates inside and the returning players outside.

Back