Skip to main content

Big Brother UK 2017 - BB18

I am finding the house quite boring without Chanelle and Ellie. I am hoping Isabelle wins. I think she has bloomed into an interesting and kind poorly tanned flower. I think she had the hardest time finding where she fits initially, particularly given the abuse and targeting she received in her first few days in the house, and I would love it if she won. While Isabelle is my favourite, I like nearly all of the housemates. The only one I don't like is Hannah. I find her both overbearing and uninteresting. I think her sister Deb on the other is a sweet girl. I must say, I do admire how close the sisters are. Watching their friendship and unwavering loyalty has been lovely.

Does anyone know what series Rylan was in? I fucking love that guy!!!!!

Just watch the tone Dystopia - you've crossed the line a couple of times in your last couple of posts.

The British public voted for Brexit - political correctness has been thrown out along with economic security and national prosperity.

Can I sue you for harassment Brekkie? In today's climate of righteousness that shouldn't be a problem lol

I fail to see the connection between my musings on here and Brexit. I now, it must be that mysterious line that you are referring to, a line that resembles a chain of landmines , the location of which is known to the predator but not to the prey.

You may put economic security and and national prosperity in one basket, I admit, I don't know much, if anything about those in Britain since they are a local rather than a global one.

Political correctness however is an issue not only in Britain but all over the Western world. Long before Brexit, I could tell you when and give you examples, but I fear I might step on one of those landmines, Political correctness began to be inculcated into the minds of the public (not only in Britain of course, but it shines prominently with countries such as Germany and Canada to name but two) and has been nurtured by politicians in particular, because they want to keep their jobs and they need the votes. Plain and simple.

I won't even attempt to argue with you regarding PC in Britain post-Brexit, you see it the way you want to see it.
I am dismayed to see us all being led like lambs to the slaughter, I guess this is made possible by the power of the so-called 'main stream media' - which of course no longer exists.

It is ironic that audiences watching BB seem utterly unaware of the origin of the concept of the show. If they read Orwell's 1984, perhaps they would give a thought to the then fictitious concepts of 'Newspeak' and 'Doublethink'.

Political correctness, once taken root, cannot simply be neutralized - Brexit or not.

He comes across as a typical anonymous internet troll who posts purely for a reaction. He tries to excuse his racist, sexist and abusive attacks on housemates/BB by hiding behind the term "political correctness". Take comfort in the fact he only shares these views/abuse when alone, anonymous and online.

100% agreed...

Awwww Issy won it!

I am so pleased with the outcome. She is literally the golden girl of BB 2017!

[QUOTE="Trala, post: 2343409, member: 30612

Does anyone know what series Rylan was in? I fucking love that guy!!!!![/QUOTE]

He was in Celeb BB 11. Went to war literally with Heidi and Spencer. It was a pretty full on season.

He is very funny and great on BOTS.

Reactions: Tee
You shut your whore mouth.

Rylan is fucking terrible. BOTS quickly unwatchable when he took over, at least we used to have Emma hosting it some nights to make it worthwhile.

In a season of no clear winners, Izzy was a good winner. Perhaps more sensible and reasonable than anyone else in there. And if her revelation about realising she can have fun without needing to be beautiful is true - which sounds entirely possible considering her age and shade - she's the only one who had a proper 'journey'.

I would have been happy with Deborah winning too. She was pretty horrible on fight night, but for me that was secondary to how funny she was in the diary room. Her and Izzy were the funniest housemates by far. I like funny, wins every time for me, subjective though it is. I didn't find 'prankster' Ralph funny at all, but he was ok, glad for his sake he made the final.

Just happy Kieran didn't win. Don't believe he'll give Tom the time of day after the wrap party. And how terrible did Chanelle sound singing on the BOTS finale, she'll be devo'ed, was kinda entertaining though, lol. And Simone missed BOTS and the wrap party due to spitting on Andrew. No one should be spat on, but I feel a bit sorry for Simone. The trauma of domestic violence in early years literally wires the brain differently to those of us without early childhood trauma, so she doesn't process information the same. Not excusing it, but am pointing out it would be difficult to be Simone.

I didn't hate this season, but it was my least favourite yet. Bring on CBB, time for BB redemption.

I was so pleased Izzy won but would have been happy with Deborah. Also glad Raph was in the top 3, he was constant throughout the show and brought a quirky something to it.

I couldn't stand Kieron. What a nasty piece of work he was, sly and disloyal. As you said Nutmeg, he won't have anything to do with Tom after the publicity dies down. Although on the other hand I can see that horrible Lotan trying to make their gang a thing outside the show. He is already sleeping with Rebecca, (revolting thought) for publicity.

I thought this was the worst UKBB yet and I have watched them all from BB1 as they were aired. It is possibly the last UK ordainary Big Brother as C5 seem to be pushing CBB.

Reactions: Tee
He was in Celeb BB 11. Went to war literally with Heidi and Spencer. It was a pretty full on season.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to add it to my watch list after cbb

I just love him!

You shut your whore mouth.
Seriously?!

You might want to dial your online hate down a couple of notches, it is super unattractive on you.

I was so pleased Izzy won but would have been happy with Deborah. Also glad Raph was in the top 3, he was constant throughout the show and brought a quirky something to it.

I couldn't stand Kieron. What a nasty piece of work he was, sly and disloyal. As you said Nutmeg, he won't have anything to do with Tom after the publicity dies down. Although on the other hand I can see that horrible Lotan trying to make their gang a thing outside the show. He is already sleeping with Rebecca, (revolting thought) for publicity.

I thought this was the worst UKBB yet and I have watched them all from BB1 as they were aired. It is possibly the last UK ordainary Big Brother as C5 seem to be pushing CBB.
100% agree on all counts, though I am embarrassed to admit, I still found myself hopelessly addicted!

100% agree on all counts, though I am embarrassed to admit, I still found myself hopelessly addicted!

Ha ha me too - although whether it is nostalgia that keeps me watching I don't know. I am always hoping it is going to get better.

Back