Skip to main content

Big Brother UK 2012 - Series Thirteen

Channel 5 need to change their approach to the summer series the last one was horrible. I will probably try and watch for the first week or so and loose interest again.

I didn't mind last years summer series.

But I LOVED the recent Celeb BB series.

I hope they cast a more diverse range of housemates for the summer than last years main series.

I didn't mind last years summer series.

But I LOVED the recent Celeb BB series.

I hope they cast a more diverse range of housemates for the summer than last years main series.

Welcome back VMars! Good to see more old faces back ;) I'm the member formally known at King01 you may or may not remember me...

Ideally I'd to see them rest the regular series for a year and continue with two 4 week Celebrity series. I find the celeb versions more engaging and dynamic now than any of the more recent regular series. They've become very long winded and nasty and they've really become the cancer that is kill this show. Taking a year off would allow them to revamp the format (possibly under a new name) and find some real and interesting characters.

Yes Kingston i remember you in you old incarnation.

I still believe in the regular BB but it rests more heavily on casting than the celeb version as they have to maintain interest for a much longer period of time

C5 have confirmed today that BB13 will run for 10 weeks (and 3 days), while they've also commissioned another run of Celebrity Big Brother to air later in the summer.

C5 have confirmed today that BB13 will run for 10 weeks (and 3 days), while they've also commissioned another run of Celebrity Big Brother to air later in the summer.

I don't blame C5 for wanting another Celeb series as they seem to be rating higher than the summer series. If a summer series is really still that essential I'd rather it end around the eight week mark with no more than 12 or 13 HM's overall. If a fall version of CBB is here to stay that means the regular series would launch near the end of May or early June and finish the first week of August and the fall version of CBB starting in September. I think it would be a mistak having two back to back series again as the regular series certainly wasn't helped by it last year.

Good that they see less is more 10 weeks is an ideal length compared to the 13 weeks on C4 that started a revolving door of intruders that spolied the show. BB5 lasted 10 weeks and did just fine while BB7-8 was spoiled by the addition of too many intruders. :)

Good that they see less is more 10 weeks is an ideal length compared to the 13 weeks on C4 that started a revolving door of intruders that spolied the show. BB5 lasted 10 weeks and did just fine while BB7-8 was spoiled by the addition of too many intruders. :)

I hate when BB basically turns in to a revolving door of HM's. One or two can shake things up a bit when needed but anything more than that really spoils the spirit of the show. I'd also like to see them return to having less people in the final week or final days of the show and less people from the start.

Yes - it's been having 6 or 7 in the final week rather than the series length which has been the real problem. The show just doesn't wind down anymore and I don't think for one minute having more in the final week makes it more "entertaining" as it means the usual groups that form can remain as groups until the very end.

Back in BB1-3 when they had just 3 or 4 in the final week the HMs who hated each other were forced to be around each other and the show entered a nice winding down phase with 2-3 weeks to go - plus of course less people on final nights actually makes the final an event, rather than a series of rushed eviction interviews.

Assuming no quitters, no ejections and no double evictions a 13 weeks series could survive with 16 housemates (12 evictions, 4 finalists) - which I'd split into 13 originals and 3 extras. At most then I think they could have 18 to give them a bit of flexibility - certainly no need for the 23-24 some series had.

I still believe in the regular BB but it rests more heavily on casting than the celeb version as they have to maintain interest for a much longer period of time

Agreed. Last season wasn't helped by starting immediately after the celebrity version finished - it just led to the fatigue happening even sooner than usual. The season itself genuinely wasn't bad if you consider it on its own merits.

Agreed. Last season wasn't helped by starting immediately after the celebrity version finished - it just led to the fatigue happening even sooner than usual. The season itself genuinely wasn't bad if you consider it on its own merits.

I agree and I disagree... They should have without a doubt re-ordered the two series with the regular series starting in August although C5 is way more suited to the celeb series than it is anything else. As Brekkie said C5 are casting for the Daily Star ect. even on it's own merits the last series wasn't that good. Even the final C4 series wasn't any thing spectacular. I've said this a thousand times before I think they need to rest the regular BB series and relaunch it under a different name and a revamped format.

Don't get me wrong, "wasn't bad" doesn't necessarily equal "good". It doesn't deserve the reputation it has - even if only because of the amazing Just Say Yes task - but it's not one of the great seasons.

Back