Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot imagine how they would have a house/studio built, decorated and furnished in time, as well as casting, and hiring of all the staff(camera people, editors etc) required for a Feb start.

In fairness the original house was built in 7 weeks, I'd imagine an already built studio could be done in similar if not less time. However in saying that, so raises the questions if they have actually begun designing the house, is there a plan on what they want it to look like? And have they actually agreed to a location as of yet?

In fairness the original house was built in 7 weeks, I'd imagine an already built studio could be done in similar if not less time. However in saying that, so raises the questions if they have actually begun designing the house, is there a plan on what they want it to look like? And have they actually agreed to a location as of yet?
Starting from scratch is probably actually easier than faffing around with a building or part of a building that is already built, where you need to change/be aware of air con, and electrics and plumbing that are already in place.

Well you would think so but if it doesn't pose a problem for MKR it should be ok. Railway lines are at their worse when track work is taking place. They must have some good sound insulation there.
MKR's set is far smaller than an entire house, control room, and live show set. Unless they're building a house next to the offices, it's just too small for it.

I still get the funny feeling it is going to be in Melbourne, but it could be Sydney. I think it is likely to be one of those two cities. I doubt very much it will be back in Queensland

MKR's set is far smaller than an entire house, control room, and live show set. Unless they're building a house next to the offices, it's just too small for it.
how much room would a BB house need to take up I wonder... with the control room, and eviction stage etc? and would there be an area for a live audience? it would feel weird watching an eviction without an audience.

how much room would a BB house need to take up I wonder... with the control room, and eviction stage etc? and would there be an area for a live audience? it would feel weird watching an eviction without an audience.
The old Dreamworld house was ~400m2 for just the interior house, not including a backyard (don't quote me on this, I just used Google Maps' measurement scale), for the entire production it would be wise to use something similar to the old BBUK setup in an area like Redfern.

If anyone still has the old leaked 2012 house plan, please message it to me

The old Dreamworld house was ~400m2 for just the interior house, not including a backyard (don't quote me on this, I just used Google Maps' measurement scale), for the entire production it would be wise to use something similar to the old BBUK setup in an area like Redfern.
I have said previously (years ago) a warehouse in Alexandria could be converted for this purpose.

I have said previously (years ago) a warehouse in Alexandria could be converted for this purpose.
There is an empty masters shop just up the road from met that got built and then they went into receivership before it ever opened. - shame I just not in a desirable state for this kind of thing cos it would probably be the perfect size!

There is an empty masters shop just up the road from met that got built and then they went into receivership before it ever opened. - shame I just not in a desirable state for this kind of thing cos it would probably be the perfect size!
This is also in the wrong state (unless it's the same one) :

https://goo.gl/maps/QsisvVqvBi7u3VBW6

13,500 m2 accordin to this:

https://www.builtenvirons.com.au/projects/retail/masters-hardware-store-forrestdale-wa/#️ad-image-0

Ahh, the infamous 2014 house plan that we had to go swimming across the tasman for 😏. Between the above plan and the one that was found on TV3's site (NZ) by @grishfish , there are a lot of similarities such as the funky shaped pool. But no Power Room - perhaps that was a late additon? Unless the 'office' off the lounge room was it...
The Power Room would have been held in the Half-Utility/Utility room, right?

It sounds to me as though seven is being very cheap. I would hate for them to get a US like stage, which looks as though the direction headed. The vibe is just dead and it makes the show just feel stale. If they're going to have a shot at big brother, i think they needed to be prepared to go all out. I know its expensive, but after nine's run, another failed revival could be enough to kill of the show for good. It doesnt sound like sevens passionate about bb, its kind of like they just want it to fill a slot/ toy with their demos. I hope im wrong.

@Isee
The more I think about an ex-masters hardware....

Enough space for House, production, live audience area and lots of parking for live events. o_O

and for lease:
https://www.realcommercial.com.au/for-lease/property-600-ranford-road-forrestdale-wa-6112-503047258

Some choices:
https://primewest.biz/portfolio_category/industrial
The one up the road from me must have something happening with it as it is not listed here but it is actually a good option as there it all the space and infrastructure. It will. Also be near a mall so could be sponsored by Westfield or something.

Film it in Canberra, and let them all vape weed:)

And make it really cheap, put them all in paddock with tents........and make them build a house
(surrounded by a camera run set up)

They film MC cooking parts at Melbourne showgrounds, and isolate them in a house.

Film it in Canberra, and let them all vape weed:)

And make it really cheap, put them all in paddock with tents........and make them build a house
(surrounded by a camera run set up)

They film MC cooking parts at Melbourne showgrounds, and isolate them in a house.
Make them have a stick each before nominating, THAT would be good TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back