Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sooooo glad that BB is coming back! I am also so excited to be back Charing with the fans of this forum! Woohoooo

Just hope Love Island flopping for Nine on the main network (it is so not a main network show) doesn't have them look again at Big Brother. Presumably Endemol can force the option to run out too - so even if Nine come in with one day to go on their first refusal Endemol can just say they don't want to make the show at the moment and two days later sign a deal with Seven.

I wonder if they'll be anything more than an announcement of the show at the upfronts - might Seven have the host in place?

Aussie TV has gone a bit trashier since the days of Nine's BB. So I really hope this means they don't want this to be the sanitised kids version.
I don't want a trashy BB, well I want some trash, I just don't want a show designed for mum to watch with the kids. "Yay that funny man is making a face and doing a silly dance, vote for him mummy!
Something that'd allow itself to be a bit more adult if that's what happens.
I agree. We need an edgy season, not a kid-friendly bore. Maybe some CBB UK vibes, haha. That'd be epic.

Did you see the report that Seven wants to air Big Brother against MAFS (instead of MKR) next year?

Exciting news as it means that they're obviously putting a lot behind the reboot, but bad news if you're a MAFS fan as it'll be hard to choose which show to watch! I'll probably watch MAFS to be fair, unless the Big Brother cast really impresses me.

Did you see the report that Seven wants to air Big Brother against MAFS (instead of MKR) next year?

Exciting news as it means that they're obviously putting a lot behind the reboot, but bad news if you're a MAFS fan as it'll be hard to choose which show to watch! I'll probably watch MAFS to be fair, unless the Big Brother cast really impresses me.

Never had any interest in MAFS. It's an easy choice for me.

I wonder if they'll be anything more than an announcement of the show at the upfronts - might Seven have the host in place?
Nine's upfronts are on the 17th and Seven's the 24th (or the 23rd, according to sav's link above). Not long to wait..

I know they're dying to win some ratings but this really isn't the way to do it, MAFS is untouchable at the moment and it would be such a waste of C7's $ putting it up against the highest rating reality show of the year, I don't see people switching off MAFS for BB sadly but you never know..

This is Behind Big Brother! We are all massive Big Brother fans. I think nearly all of us would rather choose to watch a rebooted Big Brother than MAFS! 😛

Doesn't it make you laugh,original BB would be considered too tame for TV today.

No more shock, horror, moral outrage at a funny little show about people in a house................
How low RTV has stooped........... so far down and dirty

IE
MAFS & Love Island, are about undateable people agreeing to have sex on TV, then swapping partners around a lot.
Naked dating, where they assess a guys penis before seeing his head
Then there are the supposedly sex help shows where they go off and bonk in a box, and return and give a verdict.

9 have the scummy RTV as their specialty
7 have combat RTV as their specialty
ABC/SBS do quality actual experiments,that are heartwarming or insightful
10 does quality RTV, MC, Survivor, Masked singer, Bachelor, all far better quality than 9 or 7

How life and TV have changed

Also of note is TV Blackbox is now tipping Seven to tape BBAU in Sydney at Seven's Eveleigh/Redfern studios.

I'm not sure how wise this is from 7.

Also of note is TV Blackbox is now tipping Seven to tape BBAU in Sydney at Seven's Eveleigh/Redfern studios.
Choices.. Sydney wouldn't be a bad spot but those studios really don't look big enough to hold what big brother requires, in addition to it being right next to a railway junction which would be nightmarish for sound

Choices.. Sydney wouldn't be a bad spot but those studios really don't look big enough to hold what big brother requires, in addition to it being right next to a railway junction which would be nightmarish for sound
Well you would think so but if it doesn't pose a problem for MKR it should be ok. Railway lines are at their worse when track work is taking place. They must have some good sound insulation there.

I cannot imagine how they would have a house/studio built, decorated and furnished in time, as well as casting, and hiring of all the staff(camera people, editors etc) required for a Feb start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back