Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my fav Gretel clips

My favourite moment, which is the moment I completely fell in love with Gretel, doesn't exist as a single clip. But mine is the moment during the third eviction of 2002 when she was about to launch into her opening monologue that presumably had all the references to the night being "a big night" (it was the first time there were five nominees in a single week) when a streaker got onto the stage. She eventually got back to the script when the crowd shut up, and then she adlibbed at the end of the speech that "tonight is so big that it makes a big banana look like a tiny cocktail frankfurt".

Which also speaks to the point @matts bb made above.

This is the perfect example of whoever hosts, what they should be capable of. Any network personality can read an auto cue but it takes a real talent to be able to adlib and react cool and collected when all goes wrong.

Sophie would be perfect at this.

I’ve heard it’s going to be survivor style voting which I’m not a fan of for big brother all the big personalities will go early and any threats which will leave the boring people who make the most friends. Plus you need audience voting for revenue. Thought?

I’ve heard it’s going to be survivor style voting which I’m not a fan of for big brother all the big personalities will go early and any threats which will leave the boring people who make the most friends. Plus you need audience voting for revenue. Thought?

That is like the USA version.. I see no problem with it...

And they don't need audience voting for revenue. A lot of shows resort to free voting these days.

A chunk of the money they would've made would've been from ticket sales to the live shows. Of course not a lot, but I reckon a fair whack. From memory they were like $60 a head? Or $30? I don't even remember. But it held quite a lot of people, back when it was on Ten anyway

I’m from Sydney so never went to a show. I’m thinking of applying but tbh I’m too lazy to make a video I’d rather an open call

I wonder if they are doing it to get the influencer types to fast track to the next round and decline those who don't fit that criteria.

I really hope they go with a small in studio audience this time. The big crowd was a huge pain in the arse.

Small intimate audience could be good. Mike "Mikey" Goldman could entertain the crowd with acoustic covers of 90's songs during the break.

People are catching on to fake scripted drama that Aussie Reality TV are moving towards to (Reality TV was always this but less of it). A lot of people were complaining about 9's soap opera. I feel going more towards the American version is likely to backfire, it's a different reality TV audience over there.

Yeah, I'm not a fan either

Hello everyone, long time no chat. Some of you may remember me from back in the day, but I left the forums after BB had no signs of returning...

I am very excited, but cautiously so. All signs point to BB returning on Channel 7. Now, I watch a LOT of TV, but nothing on 7 because it is all trash. I hope picking up BB is a sign of Channel 7 improving, not of them ruining BBAU even more than 9 did.

I think they should go one of two ways. Either completely shift the format to the US/Canada format, so it cannot be compared to previous seasons, or try and get back to the social experiment of season 1 with zero instagram influencer type. The former would be easier to pull off than the latter.

The host will be a BIG influence on the success of the show. They need someone like Gretel or Emma - someone that is smart and witty and a little dirty. The sanitised and cheesy Sonja type is an awful choice for host. The rumours of it being Melissa Doyle would make me cry, and I am not a crier. I'd love to see Chrissy Swan do it (she's said in the past that she would) or Em Rusciano (a reality tv junkie who would be HILARIOUS, but has admitted to not being a team player, sadly).

It will be interesting to see what happens... I hold out hope for an entertaining BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back