Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look i happy for whichever version i prefer the uk/au but will happily watch us/ca version change is inevitable for survival of everything. But the one thing i feel the US and CA version has sacrificed for an over reliance on gameplay, bitching alliance etc. I dont want the Australia to lose that theme of this house is ruled by an Authoritarian Symbol (Big Brother) you play by his rules when he says so and you are not in control of anything he dominates and rules every aspect of the housemates lives

I hope that makes sense to me

Big Brother is the type of show where the host needs to be able to be good with scripts as well as dealing with unpredictable situations. It's one thing to have a great narrating voice and to be able to read an autocue, but the host also needs to be able to ask the housemates daring questions and to really put them on the spot. And Gretel was able to do that, Sonia not so much. Lets also look at the merlin incident, Gretel handled that tremendously well, Sonia would not have known what to do and would have waited for prompts from producers.

Big Brother is the type of show where the host needs to be able to be good with scripts as well as dealing with unpredictable situations. It's one thing to have a great narrating voice and to be able to read an autocue, but the host also needs to be able to ask the housemates daring questions and to really put them on the spot. And Gretel was able to do that, Sonia not so much. Lets also look at the merlin incident, Gretel handled that tremendously well, Sonia would not have known what to do and would have waited for prompts from producers.

Sophie would have handled that well too.

Sophie would have handled that well too.

I don't see how Sophie would actually be able to host Big Brother with love island commitments? It's likely that both shows will air within the same quarter of the ratings year. And wouldn't it be weird for one person to host 2 shows that share no relationship to one another (i.e unlike Bachelor Bacherlotte)

I don't see how Sophie would actually be able to host Big Brother with love island commitments? It's likely that both shows will air within the same quarter of the ratings year. And wouldn't it be weird for one person to host 2 shows that share no relationship to one another (i.e unlike Bachelor Bacherlotte)

Won't air within the same quarter if Big Brother is on Channel 9. That is too much of one genre. And if Grant Denyer can do it then why not? He hosts everything these days.

I was just about to say that but you beat me to it. Yes Gretel is great at improvisation. There were numerous times where she told producers in her ear piece to shut up while she handled unruly housemates or situations like a boss. Her and Mike Goldman were terrific improvisers.

I love Gretel but let's not forget how crotchety she got with it all in her last season. She was clearly over it, so she must be desperate for work to be so enthusiastic again about it now.

It really did show in the last couple of years she hosted it that she was getting sick of doing it. That public spat with Michael didn’t help. It’s a full on job for three months of the year. I think people forget you don’t have much of a life to yourself when the majority of the week is spent flying in and out to host live shows, but also there’s a lot of work done behind the scenes which we don’t see. Fatigue set in eventually.

I recall in a 2009 podcast saying how the fame distorted her perception of reality somewhat and that she needed time to find herself again, hence why she went absent for a while after that disastrous Logies gig.

I know people are keen to see her do it again but I hope she only accepts it on her terms. Money driven or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back