Skip to main content

Big Brother, manipulating the vote

It also seems clear that now the producers are trying to swing the pendulum back in Daniel's alliance's favour, by giving Nick the power to choose who will go in the cage before the eviction. I don't for a second believe that any person who got to the red button then would have been given that same power. In fact, I believe that had it been from any of Daniel's alliance at any time since the start of the red button challenge, they would have been given the same power.
I thought so too. I assume every one of the button selections were chosen based on who pressed it. If the producers really wanted to swing it back, they should have had a twist and removed Mitch from the eviction at the last minute.

The producers must have been very worried that their "game players" are playing the game so poorly though hahaha.

I think they must be worried that they swung the advantage way too much in favour of team bogan Katie. Whether intentional or not. I honestly don't see any chance for team Dan. Dan is basically guaranteed to be gone the second he, Nick, Mel or Tilly doesn't win a challenge.

Production meddling? In a reality show?

That's unpossible.
026cba261b576d5a2c512d1d20b041d9.gif

I've always thought that BB has a twist toolbox so that depending on who is evicted he will choose an appropriate twist to keep them in. Same with the challenges, he just chooses the best reward or punishment to help steer the ship so to speak. I'm wondering if Daniel gets evicted, BB might pull out some twist to keep him in. They need the most entertaining people to stay in for ratings etc. I really miss the channel Ten style live shows and up late/adults only shows.

Whilst I don't agree with what happened to Dan's alliance, the people in the Katie alliance are dumb. If they vote out all of Dan's alliance, then, they will no longer have anyone to target which will mean that their own alliance will then have to start bickering and fighting amongst themselves. Only then will the floaters realise that Katie and Jess aren't actually trying to help them at all, but are instead using them. The floaters are being used by those two purely as easy votes to keep themselves (Katie and Jess) in. When the push comes to shove, Katie and Jess will discard them, one by one, without a care in the world. If the floaters were smart about it and figured this out (which they seemingly haven't), then they'd probably vote (and/or nominate) differently. But, nope, instead, they are naive and just go along with what Katie and Jess tell them like the followers they are. Sadly, Dan and Nick should have used this to their advantage. Had Nick mentioned this to some of the floaters last night, and they gave it some good thought, then the outcome of last night's eviction may have been different. As somebody else asked in this forum, I wonder sometimes if Aussies actually do know how to play this game? All of that said, much of this may not have panned out this way if the production had not manipulated it in to Katie's and Jess' favour.

Last edited:
I just had a thought. What if the first vote out, which was Max, was manipulated too? Because Max was Katie's ex, and I'm wondering if the producers expected a bit more drama between those two? But when they saw how well they got on the producers used the bunker twist along with Max being up for nominations as an opportunity to get rid of him.

Whilst I don't agree with what happened to Dan's alliance, the people in the Katie alliance are dumb. If they vote out all of Dan's alliance, then, they will no longer have anyone to target which will mean that their own alliance will then have to start bickering and fighting amongst themselves. Only then will the floaters realise that Katie and Jess aren't actually trying to help them at all, but are instead using them. The floaters are being used by those two purely as easy votes to keep themselves (Katie and Jess) in. When the pinch comes to shove, Katie and Jess will discard them, one by one, without a care in the world. If the floaters were smart about it and figured this out (which they seemingly haven't), then they'd probably vote (and/or nominate) differently. But, nope, instead, they are naive and just go along with what Katie and Jess tell them like the followers they are. Sadly, Dan and Nick should have used this to their advantage. Had Nick mentioned this to some of the floaters last night, and they gave it some good thought, then the outcome of last night's eviction may have been different. As somebody else asked in this forum, I wonder sometimes if Aussies actually do know how to play this game? All of that said, much of this may not have panned out this way if the production had not manipulated it in to Katie's and Jess' favour.
I expect that the floaters are going to use Mel to get the numbers to get rid of Katie or Jess soon. If any of the floaters have a brain in their head (a BIG if), they'll realise they can't let one alliance become all powerful...

I've always thought that BB has a twist toolbox so that depending on who is evicted he will choose an appropriate twist to keep them in. Same with the challenges, he just chooses the best reward or punishment to help steer the ship so to speak. I'm wondering if Daniel gets evicted, BB might pull out some twist to keep him in. They need the most entertaining people to stay in for ratings etc. I really miss the channel Ten style live shows and up late/adults only shows.

It was probably more subtle in the live seasons. Back then the housemates would all nominate. So they could make estimations of who they thought would be up for evictions. Have twists based on those suspected outcomes.

This format means whoever wins the challenge could result in drastically different nominations. Meaning it would have to be done quickly and on the fly.

The worst manipulation ever was Terry in the final channel Ten season. Like with SJ it just shows the producers favour the older ladies.

It was probably more subtle in the live seasons. Back then the housemates would all nominate. So they could make estimations of who they thought would be up for evictions. Have twists based on those suspected outcomes.

This format means whoever wins the challenge could result in drastically different nominations. Meaning it would have to be done quickly and on the fly.

The worst manipulation ever was Terry in the final channel Ten season. Like with SJ it just shows the producers favour the older ladies.

Yuck Terri the racist.

. Only then will the floaters realise that Katie and Jess aren't actually trying to help them at all, but are instead using them. The floaters are being used by those two purely as easy votes to keep themselves (Katie and Jess) in. When the pinch comes to shove, Katie and Jess will discard them, one by one, without a care in the world. If the floaters were smart about it and figured this out (which they seemingly haven't), then they'd probably vote (and/or nominate) differently.
Totally agree.

I had to roll my eyes at the, "They are just wanting themselves to be top 3." Do people like SJ and Mary not realise that is exactly what Katie, Jess and that guy whose name I can't remember are doing?

Maybe people are just fixated on the goal of the top ten for now.

I just had a thought. What if the first vote out, which was Max, was manipulated too? Because Max was Katie's ex, and I'm wondering if the producers expected a bit more drama between those two? But when they saw how well they got on the producers used the bunker twist along with Max being up for nominations as an opportunity to get rid of him.

I felt that was manipulated to keep them all in. They threw the power to Nick and Dan as a twist to save them all but Dan didn't follow through.

Mel is their Aussie battler character there for her family to save the farm. They can't have her go episode 1.

Christina is their Russian Beauty, they can't have her go.

They wanted the Christina and Max love story to continue.

They wanted the Max in the house with his ex Jess story to go.

They wanted potential conflict between all three to be possible.

I think they saw the first nominations as a disaster for future storylines and hoped Nick and Dan would evict none of them.

Hmmm. An interesting theory. I guess we will never know.

Totally agree.

I had to roll my eyes at the, "They are just wanting themselves to be top 3." Do people like SJ and Mary not realise that is exactly what Katie, Jess and that guy whose name I can't remember are doing?

Maybe people are just fixated on the goal of the top ten for now.

I felt that was manipulated to keep them all in. They threw the power to Nick and Dan as a twist to save them all but Dan didn't follow through.

Mel is their Aussie battler character there for her family to save the farm. They can't have her go episode 1.

Christina is their Russian Beauty, they can't have her go.

They wanted the Christina and Max love story to continue.

They wanted the Max in the house with his ex Jess story to go.

They wanted potential conflict between all three to be possible.

I think they saw the first nominations as a disaster for future storylines and hoped Nick and Dan would evict none of them.
Well Dan was never going to do that. I mean they must have realised listening to him in the bunker that he'd be likely to make a big move like that.

... and one of the problems, which could actually be viewed as a production manipulation in its own right, is that the challenges are all designed so that the sporting types always win. And then you pick a cast that has sporting types in it. Hmmm. Before filming even begins, they would have a fair idea of who is likely to win the challenges that they have designed. So the show could essentially be "rigged" right from the start, during the audition process. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that the show would have taken a completely different direction if the challenges favoured floaters such as Ari, Carlos, Charlotte, etc.

Sheesh, imagine designing challenges where EVERYONE, regardless of their physique, intellect, size, height, weight, etc, has an EQUAL CHANCE of winning. Now wouldn't that be novel?

Last edited:
Well Dan was never going to do that. I mean they must have realised listening to him in the bunker that he'd be likely to make a big move like that.

He struggled. Even if it was considered unlikely, it was still the only chance to stop an eviction.

BB inspired twists are not working, no wonder ratings are down. The old committed BB viewers can see a sham a mile away, their not buying it...you're right give me ch10 Gretel and Mike Goldman up late or early in the morning anytime.

It also seems clear that now the producers are trying to swing the pendulum back in Daniel's alliance's favour, by giving Nick the power to choose who will go in the cage before the eviction. I don't for a second believe that any person who got to the red button then would have been given that same power. In fact, I believe that had it been from any of Daniel's alliance at any time since the start of the red button challenge, they would have been given the same power.

The producers must have been very worried that their "game players" are playing the game so poorly though hahaha.
Producers knew this would not be favoured by the public. So decided to somehow even it out. But the damage had been done. So now it makes seven look incompetent IMO.

... and one of the problems, which could actually be viewed as a production manipulation in its own right, is that the challenges are all designed so that the sporting types always win. And then you pick a cast that has sporting types in it. Hmmm. Before filming even begins, they would have a fair idea of who is likely to win the challenges that they have designed. So the show could essentially be "rigged" right from the start, during the audition process. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that the show would have taken a completely different direction if the challenges favoured floaters such as Ari, Carlos, Charlotte, etc.

Sheesh, imagine designing challenges where EVERYONE, regardless of their physique, intellect, size, height, weight, etc, has an EQUAL CHANCE of winning. Now wouldn't that be novel?
NAILED IT !!! it's a cross between survivor and a poor mans hunger games. So disappointed with the nominations process also, what happened to the 1 2 and 3 points that housemates used to give the evictees.

Agree 100%, BB inspired twists have resulted in plummeting ratings for this season, if it comes back next year, it needs to revert to the old model with small changes.

Back