Skip to main content

Big Brother, manipulating the vote

steve

So disappointed to see what went down last night, Team Danny have strategized got people on board team Daniel only to be snuffed out at the whim of the BB producers. This is not the way BB goes, this would be the first time this has happened in BB history. It's all about evening up the numbers, the BB way. BB might as well call himself to the diary room to vote next time, lol...

So disappointed to see what went down last night, Team Danny have strategized got people on board team Daniel only to be snuffed out at the whim of the BB producers. This is not the way BB goes, this would be the first time this has happened in BB history. It's all about evening up the numbers, the BB way. BB might as well call himself to the diary room to vote next time, lol...
Never happened before?

It literally happened last year when Angela was fake evicted and she orchestrated a surprise eviction...

Never happened before?

It literally happened last year when Angela was fake evicted and she orchestrated a surprise eviction...
True, I forgot about that one. What's it worth if the person or alliance you support is undermined and voted out, not by the housemates but indirectly by BB. A lot of people I would think are coming to this conclusion...

True, I forgot about that one. What's it worth if the person or alliance you support is undermined and voted out, not by the housemates but indirectly by BB. A lot of people I would think are coming to this conclusion...
And a lot of people realise that a Pagonging is boring to watch, and appreciate the fact that the score is levelled a little...

Maybe boring to you but not to me, I think it's hilarious the way Daniel and Nick go about their work. Katie should of been moved on early in the piece, now it's going to be difficult.

Reactions: kxk
Well big brother shouldn't be influencing that. It scars the soul of the game. It insults the rich history of the show.
Exactually Columbo, I just wished that when Mary and the Vegan popped open the manhole, that they would of both fallen through onto the diary chair with both taken to hospital. Alas this did not happen....

Exactually Columbo, I just wished that when Mary and the Vegan popped open the manhole, that they would of both fallen through onto the diary chair with both taken to hospital. Alas this did not happen....
Well I wouldn't go that far. Though I did think it amusing that big brother had to use Mary and SJ to get Sid to do what he should have been doing in the first place.

Well I wouldn't go that far. Though I did think it amusing that big brother had to use Mary and SJ to get Sid to do what he should have been doing in the first place.
So true, Sid forgot that he was saved by Daniel in a vote deciding tie breaker, that's thanks for ya...

Dan better stay, I am not going to watch them cooking vegan and meditating all day! Who the hell did the casting this year???

These "twists" don't work if the show isn't live. We have no way of knowing if it was a choice in the moment or if it was planned ahead. With the live shows, we'd have Gretal or Sonia tell us before the vote it's a double or fake eviction. So even if this was planned, it just appears manipulated.

Worse still was allowing them to completely undermine the voting plan. Not only did team Katie get the advantage by two members returning. They also got helped in voting for the next eviction.

For a version of BB that's meant to be more about game playing, why is BB basically destroying one of the alliances? We'll have to see how it pans out. It was just very lame.

Last edited:
It all smacks of lazy rushed editing, or at least editing to an easier storyline

Reactions: kxk
It also seems clear that now the producers are trying to swing the pendulum back in Daniel's alliance's favour, by giving Nick the power to choose who will go in the cage before the eviction. I don't for a second believe that any person who got to the red button then would have been given that same power. In fact, I believe that had it been from any of Daniel's alliance at any time since the start of the red button challenge, they would have been given the same power.

The producers must have been very worried that their "game players" are playing the game so poorly though hahaha.

It also seems clear that now the producers are trying to swing the pendulum back in Daniel's alliance's favour, by giving Nick the power to choose who will go in the cage before the eviction. I don't for a second believe that any person who got to the red button then would have been given that same power. In fact, I believe that had it been from any of Daniel's alliance at any time since the start of the red button challenge, they would have been given the same power.

The producers must have been very worried that their "game players" are playing the game so poorly though hahaha.
I could believe it more than a second tbh.

Not sure how much the cage would change the vote anyway. It would be preordained that the majority alliance vote in that way.

Nick's logic in putting Mitchell in the cage seemed very selfish to me. Though I'm not sure it would have made a difference who he chose to stay in that cage. Because the other alliance had the clear numbers.

These "twists" don't work if the show isn't live. We have no way of knowing if it was a choice in the moment or if it was planned ahead. With the live shows, we'd have Gretal or Sonia tell us before the vote it's a double or fake eviction. So even if this was planned, it just appears manipulated.

Worse still was allowing them to completely undermine the voting plan. Not only did team Katie get the advantage by two members returning. They also got helped in voting for the next eviction.

For a version of BB that's meant to be more about game playing, why is BB basically destroying one of the alliances? We'll have to see how it pans out. It was just very lame.
You're right on the money, it needs to be live. BB are the sole arbiters of which alliance prevails. These outcomes are destroying the credibility that this show has left.

I could believe it more than a second tbh.

Not sure how much the cage would change the vote anyway. It would be preordained that the majority alliance vote in that way.
Call me old fashioned, but I would of put up 3 of the main opposition straight away, why pussy foot around..

Back