Skip to main content

BIG BROTHER IS BACK ON 10 IN 2019!!! [April Fools]

This might seem a little crazy for you guys 😉 but I would love if Big Brother ever came back to channel ten that Grant Denyer would be able to host it and I'm not just saying that because he is my favourite personality on Aussie TV. From watching him on the Feud and other programs like The Living Room and the Australia Day Live concerts. He is a great interviewer, compassionate when needed, very funny, can be cheeky at times and all round he is a super nice guy. He makes people feel at ease. I remember some episodes of the Feud where the contestants are so nervous or had a serious story to tell. He made them feel comfortable. I think that would be perfect with the housemates like when Gretel looked after them in her reign of hosting. If he can be himself like he was in Family Feud he would excel at the role of being a Big Brother host. On other issues: They should abandon the Dreamworld house and build something new either a complete new house at a new location or follow some of the other international versions where the house is in a studio. If they are going to revive it everything should be fresh and new.

Well Grant Denyer is the man of choice at Ten now with three new shows confirmed this weekend (none of which are Big Brother). If he's one of the best presenters on Australian TV I think Aussie TV is in more trouble than I thought.

I'm a Celeb though clearly getting a shot at recovery as every long running reality show has a bad season. Chris and Julia though have another project in Sunday Night Takeaway (which I would guess will air this time next year), so certainly no-BB on Ten next year. Q1 in 2020 a possibility if I'm a Celeb doesn't recover in the ratings, although if anything Ten seem to be the only network trying to move away from stripped reality formats.

I really like Grant as well but him hosting three different shows next year sounds like a bit too much even for me. I do like the idea of Grant hosting BB though. I must point out that I wouldn't want any other male host if Grant couldn't do it. Grant is the only exception for me. If BB did come back next year on TEN sounds like Grant wouldn't able to be the host anyway with all these shows already commissioned. For some reason I think if Big Brother were to come back it wouldn't happen until at least 2020. The start of a new decade and all. A fresh start. That's if it even comes back of course. I definitely don't want it to come back if it has anything to do with Channel Nine.

Last edited:
I really like Grant as well but him hosting three different shows next year sounds like a bit too much even for me.

Grant's American counterpart, Steve Harvey, has no problem with it. He hosts Family Feud, his own talk show Steve, Celebrity Family Feud, and Little Big Shots. Grant can do it.

Grant's American counterpart, Steve Harvey, has no problem with it. He hosts Family Feud, his own talk show Steve, Celebrity Family Feud, and Little Big Shots. Grant can do it.

He can do it but not everyone is a fan of Grant's hosting style. He is becoming like Eddie Mcguire on Nine and Andrew O'Keefe on Seven used to be.

I really like Grant as well but him hosting three different shows next year sounds like a bit too much even for me
Does it make a difference if you aren't planning on watching all three? He's funny and positively bursting with enthusiasm. In any case BB is not coming back any time soon so it's a moot point. But I'd prefer to go with a new, erstwhile unknown, female host if it did, tbh.

Does it make a difference if you aren't planning on watching all three? He's funny and positively bursting with enthusiasm. In any case BB is not coming back any time soon so it's a moot point. But I'd prefer to go with a new, erstwhile unknown, female host if it did, tbh.

Even if you dont watch all three, he will be all over their promos. I predict that people will get sick of him quite quickly, as they do with anything they are over saturated with.

It's like when you really like a song but then they play it all the time on the radio and you start to hate it.

Back