Skip to main content

BIG BROTHER IS BACK ON 10 IN 2019!!! [April Fools]

As I said C4 was Canwest/Mediaworks/TV3's only other channel.

When I said I was surprised that BB wasn't aired on another Canwest network I meant TV3... As in TEN and Tv3 shared Canwest ownership... Not "another Canwest network" as in C4...

Last edited:
When I said I was surprised that BB wasn't aired on another Canwest network I meant TV3... As in TEN and Tv3 shared Canwest ownership... Not "another Canwest network" as in C4...
therein lies our misunderstanding, I assumed you meant in NZ, on a TV3 multichannel or something. Let's move on...

Well, let's see what I can add to this:

1) I actually like the Nine series, as my first exposure to BBAU was the first Nine season (the season Ben Norris won). I thought it was much bigger and better than our version. If Ten were to go "back to basics" at this point, it'd be a huge let down.
2) If a series without Mike Goldman makes it better, then ditch Goldman. But keep those Deputy Big Brothers. Leon needs the work.
3) The international season of Big Brother Canada worked well, why not implement that on BBAU? Bring in a HM from each of the other major countries (my picks: Nikki from the UK, Gheesling from the US, and Nick & Phil from Canada).

Well, let's see what I can add to this:

1) I actually like the Nine series, as my first exposure to BBAU was the first Nine season (the season Ben Norris won). I thought it was much bigger and better than our version. If Ten were to go "back to basics" at this point, it'd be a huge let down.
2) If a series without Mike Goldman makes it better, then ditch Goldman. But keep those Deputy Big Brothers. Leon needs the work.
3) The international season of Big Brother Canada worked well, why not implement that on BBAU? Bring in a HM from each of the other major countries (my picks: Nikki from the UK, Gheesling from the US, and Nick & Phil from Canada).

BBUS is one of the strongest preforming series in the franchise and has been for years now... The success it's experienced proves that you don't need to do things on a grand scale in order to keep people coming back year on year... Also in terms of quality Nine's revival was an unmitigated disaster from the start... Despite a massive advertising campaign that included a massive presence on social media and a campaign during the worlds premiere sporting event any excitement about the new series had fizzled out within the first few episodes... By the end of week 1 the series wasn't even pulling in 1 million viewers an episode... The series also shed viewers week on week throughout the series...

I'm really not sure why you take every possible opportunity to lick Leon Murray's ass... The best thing Ten could do moving forward is to wipe the slate clean... One of the worst things Nine did was basically picking the series up where Ten left off... Despite a few cosmetic changes there was very little that really set the series apart from the previous run... Leon adds nothing special to the series that couldn't be found elsewhere...

As for the internationals twist... It's really not cost effective... Tim and Nikki came at a very high cost compared to other HGs... Tim has said that BB paid him enough money that he wouldn't need to work for the rest of 2016. If Ten pick up the show I have no doubts that they'll be extremely budget conscious...

There's also very little in terms of momentum that can be built on a twist like that... BB Canada has struggled over the last few series to find twists that are comparable... If the series is revived it's important that they're able to focus on building a brand rather than quick one off gimmicks...

i agree completely ^

once you start throwing gimmicks in, you need to keep doing it, because it becomes part of the viewer's expectation as to how the show works.

Tim and Nikki came at a very high cost compared to other HGs... Tim has said that BB paid him enough money that he wouldn't need to work for the rest of 2016
Well, tbh you could say that of AU $50k. Is that really a high cost?

Well, tbh you could say that of AU $50k. Is that really a high cost?

$50k is a lot when you’re paying regular HM’s a weekly stipend of $700... It was enough that they axed a second internationals twist the for following series...

I do not lick Leon Murray's ass every opportunity I get. I think he's the best, and if you have the best, you stick with the best. Of course, I am not well versed in the Who's Who of Australian Voiceover.

I do not lick Leon Murray's ass every opportunity I get.

Of course you do... Pretty much any time you bring up a suggestion (especially in relation to BBUS) his name comes up...

Also "the best" is extremely subjective... One of the biggest problems with BBUS right now is the fact that they believe they have "the best" team behind the show... In terms of casting some of the most memorable series in recent years have been the two that Robyn Kass didn't cast...

14060-Jim-Rohn-Quote-If-you-are-not-willing-to-risk-the-unusual-you-will.jpg

Id really love 10 to do a USBB style show. Now that CBS own Ch10 i think they should air the US version here and then do our own version

Reactions: kxk
Ten have shown with Survivor they can do the competitive formats well and still keep them very Aussie. I do think the US format is stronger now than it's ever been. Still not absolutely sure it's right for Australia - I think the key is though whatever format they go with they stick with it and rely on a strong core format rather than throwing in twist after twist after twist, which just makes the show look a mess. Ultimately BBUSA and BB Canada still work because the live feed is at the centre of them. I don't watch the live feeds myself but the posts and updates they generate get my attention day in day out during the series and ensure I'm watching the broadcast episodes.

I hope this happens. I want to watch big brother with you all again.

Id really love 10 to do a USBB style show. Now that CBS own Ch10 i think they should air the US version here and then do our own version

BB US Celeb completely flopped on 9GO earlier this year. I just don't think people in Australia are interested in that type of format and I personally would not watch it.

they might be if it was treated properly.

How wasn't it treated properly? 9GO gave Celeb BB a lot of promotion and a good timeslot. It's not their fault that people weren't interested and the show sunk to below 50k before they decided to move it to a later timeslot.

How wasn't it treated properly? 9GO gave Celeb BB a lot of promotion and a good timeslot. It's not their fault that people weren't interested and the show sunk to below 50k before they decided to move it to a later timeslot.

i meant an australian version of us big brother. without any celebrity bits which ruin the reality tv experience.

Back