Skip to main content

BIG BROTHER IS BACK ON 10 IN 2019!!! [April Fools]

Although its a joke it would be good if this really happened. Ten has nothing to lose at the moment.

I'm actually pretty devastated. Just had to remove my FB post and warn friends that if anyone else pulls a prank on me today they get mauled.

Good prank, and......good exposure for an idea that could get some dimwitted TV exec types thinking!
David Knox highly respected TV media guy, even if it is an April Fool joke, people read and respect him, and BB has never been as gross as 9 & 7 RTV, they have taken residence in the gutter...BB is wholesome in comparison these days:)

I was very excited. Bummer now. I was looking for Alex's name but it wasn't there. Gave me hope.

So even if this rumor was true I do know if "back to basics" is really enough... I honestly think that if there's a hope for BB Australia left that they really need to move the format forward instead of backwards... Renewed focus on less gimmicks, increased viewer engagement, and solid casting would be a great start but won't be enough to carry the series in the long term...

I was very excited. Bummer now. I was looking for Alex's name but it wasn't there. Gave me hope.
I had already seen way too many April Fools online before I came across this article so I was onto it right away. He did play it very well though, and so many of the comments were in favour of a Big Brother return. Ten is rating so badly now that anything is worth a try, just do it like the article says - except for the Dreamworld part. And keep the bit where Peter Helliar throws brussell sprouts at Fitzy and Bree :roflmao:

Reactions: kxk
Ten is rating so badly now that anything is worth a try, just do it like the article says - except for the Dreamworld part.

And the Mike Goldman part... While I don't think "back to basics" is where they should be going, if that's the direct they want to move in they might as well wipe the slate clean and leave all remnants the past behind...

Yes, I would start it completely afresh without Mike Goldman and with a brand new house. "Back to basics" is a horrid phrase but I think what they need to do is start with the core format and build it up themselves, rather than pick off from where Nine left off.

To be fair format wise Nine didn't do a bad job - basically kept the basic format but added new elements like the Superpower (which worked really well IMO) and then as a season twist the Halfway House. However it was the basics around production, live streaming, online engagement and scheduling that really let them down, plus the wrong choice of host.

The cricket deal could determine whether Ten even consider it - if they lose the Big Bash they may have come cash to splash. However wouldn't be too surprised if a revival of Idol might be considered less risky.

Reactions: kxk
To be fair format wise Nine didn't do a bad job - basically kept the basic format but added new elements like the Superpower (which worked really well IMO) and then as a season twist the Halfway House. However it was the basics around production, live streaming, online engagement and scheduling that really let them down, plus the wrong choice of host.
But Nine made it all kiddie friendly, which meant audiences missed out on a lot. Although, it has to be said, Ten either hedged its bets, or didn't know who it was aiming the show at from the start by scheduling it at 7pm and then later selling a season of "young, sexy and single" housemates. Very confusing, given their live audiences had previously been full of 10yos in bunny ears doing the bum dance. Maybe it would have turned out very differently if they had aired it in the 8.30 MA time slot from the get go.

Back