Skip to main content

Big Brother is actually a Housemate

sapraludra

Has any series of Big Brother ever made a housemate act as Big Brother?

The US has head of house and the UK and AUS have used a power room. But has any series put a single or small group of housemates in a separate house, with the purpose of controlling the main house? With complete contol over tasks, shopping budgets, punishments etc.

Has any series of Big Brother ever made a housemate act as Big Brother?

The US has head of house and the UK and AUS have used a power room. But has any series put a single or small group of housemates in a separate house, with the purpose of controlling the main house? With complete contol over tasks, shopping budgets, punishments etc.

This is stupid... And most certainly does not deserve it's own thread...

And there is Kingston's usual welcome to new members. :bang: :rolleyes:

As for the idea. BBAU came close but hasn't really done it - I guess they don't want HMs having 'full' control. If they did anything like it these days, they'd probably say to the "hidden" HMs :

"You have a choice of,
a) Lame idea one
or
b) Lame idea two"

:(

Doesn't having a housemate as Big Brother destroy one of the concepts of Big Brother in the first place?

For the record, Big Brother 2007 did include a task where Big Brother went MIA, in the process leaving a large supply of food (including perishables) in the diary room without any instructions (at least, initially). It wasn't until housemates came to a household consensus on what to do with the food that Big Brother 'phoned' the house saying his rules were suspended and for housemates to elect one of their own as a leader and then create a new set of rules to be determined by housemate consensus. :)

For the record, Big Brother 2007 did include a task where Big Brother went MIA, in the process leaving a large supply of food (including perishables) in the diary room without any instructions (at least, initially). It wasn't until housemates came to a household consensus on what to do with the food that Big Brother 'phoned' the house saying his rules were suspended and for housemates to elect one of their own as a leader and then create a new set of rules to be determined by housemate consensus. :)
I was just about to mention this! I was watching these episodes again recently.

Yeah, this is probably the closest there's been to a HM ever "being" Big Brother. @sapraludra

And there is Kingston's usual welcome to new members. :bang: :rolleyes:

Welcome? To be honest my biggest beefs are with long term members here... The rest of you just blend in with the wallpaper most of the time... If my join date was anything to go off of you'd all think I was some sort of amateur... Quality of posts over time served has almost always been the way I operate... Clearly @buck07 you need to get your head out of your ass...

I remember in Big Brother UK back in 2012 as part of a task that a Housemate was given the chance to make a "This is Big Brother" announcement? If that counts.

Back